Iwobi is Terrible

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Iwobi is Terrible

Post by amafolas »

some people don't really understand football. our all-important 2nd goal was created from sharp th9inking and passing from iwobi, he sent a one-time perfect ball to calvin Bassey, that all he had to do was just cross it in for the goal.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Some people don't really understand football. The tactic we played today intentionally bypassed the middle. controlling the middle was essentially the plan. Iwobi might arguably be our best and most important player today. we played a 5-2-3 role where the 2 in the middle are mostly both lik defensive CMs.
He played his role perfectly. Ie. be solid defensively, pick out passes to the wings or forward when the opportunity arises.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Iwobi IS our most important player.

More important than Osimehn. Yes I said it.

The problem is Peseiro IS WASTING IWOBIS TALENT to do dogs work.

What a shame.

Do you not all see how we looked much better in attack in our very first match. The only time Iwobi was playing his natural role.

I honestly don't know what Pisseros problem is.

By force he must include Musa

And by force HE MUST PLAY ONLY 2 MIDFIELDERS.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

amafolas wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:20 am Some people don't really understand football. The tactic we played today intentionally bypassed the middle. controlling the middle was essentially the plan. Iwobi might arguably be our best and most important player today. we played a 5-2-3 role where the 2 in the middle are mostly both lik defensive CMs.
He played his role perfectly. Ie. be solid defensively, pick out passes to the wings or forward when the opportunity arises.
That was how I saw it, too.
The young man is a hero and humbled himself to do the dirty work.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ANC wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:25 am
amafolas wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:20 am Some people don't really understand football. The tactic we played today intentionally bypassed the middle. controlling the middle was essentially the plan. Iwobi might arguably be our best and most important player today. we played a 5-2-3 role where the 2 in the middle are mostly both lik defensive CMs.

But why should he be doing dirty work ?

Do you put on your best outfit to clean the toilet ?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:39 am

You won, you beat Cameroon.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ANC wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:43 am

You won, you beat Cameroon.
I'm looking forward.

This issue needs to be addressed.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

That's the formation dude. we played a 3-4-3, which was 5-2-3 in defense and 3-2-5 in attack. Either way, we always had only 2 people in the middle. Those 2 have to be abolute workhorses. But yet you still want some attacking creativity in there. Tell me exactly, who on our our team offers high high workrate, and attacking nous.

As long as we keep this 3-4-3 formation, Iwobi is our most important player. He is the only player we have that combines high workrate, high technical ability, and an eye for attack.
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

amafolas wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:52 am

That's the formation dude. we played a 3-4-3, which was 5-2-3 in defense and 3-2-5 in attack. Either way, we always had only 2 people in the middle. Those 2 have to be abolute workhorses. But yet you still want some attacking creativity in there. Tell me exactly, who on our our team offers high high workrate, and attacking nous.

As long as we keep this 3-4-3 formation, Iwobi is our most important player. He is the only player we have that combines high workrate, high technical ability, and an eye for attack.
That's where the issue is, if he is complimented by a similar player in that middle then the load can be shared but as he does it alone he tells on him as the game stretches on. Onyeka is a destroyer and offers nothing more. Hence why i think a 3 man midfield will lighten his work rate and free his mind a bit but this formation has been winning so onto the next game.
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

sabb wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:03 am
amafolas wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:52 am

That's where the issue is, if he is complimented by a similar player in that middle then the load can be shared but as he does it alone he tells on him as the game stretches on. Onyeka is a destroyer and offers nothing more. Hence why i think a 3 man midfield will lighten his work rate and free his mind a bit but this formation has been winning so onto the next game.
somebody gets it.

We win, and nobody focuses on how we should IMPROVE.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I came here to have constructive post match discussions and the first thing i see is this RUBBISH.

Do we have amateurs watching football here? Is it that ppl cannot understand a players role? Is this a JOKE??????
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Ugbowo wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:17 am I came here to have constructive post match discussions and the first thing i see is this RUBBISH.

Do we have amateurs watching football here? Is it that ppl cannot understand a players role? Is this a JOKE??????

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Ugbowo wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:17 am Do we have amateurs watching football here?
Yes. Always been that way.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Ugbowo wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:17 am I came here to have constructive post match discussions and the first thing i see is this RUBBISH.

He had a near complete game.
As we get stronger in the current formation, I think our next evolution is to schematically push him forward in the 2nd or third stage of the buildup.
Have Aina come into MF or Ajayi...

He completely dominated Anguissa in MF.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
solo
Egg
Egg

Post by solo »

The person wey open dis post na wa.. :D :D
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Hope am judge right ?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

No one said pim when Iwobi was having a great tournament. Look, even Messi has subpar games.
solo wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:28 am

The person wey open dis post na wa.. :D :D
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

this forum just dey spoil everyday, some of una fit born all these footballers, old men abusing kids as if una be age mates..oh my
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Iwobi played ok. I'm tired of singing the same song. It would have made more sense to bring on an additional midfielder and move Iwobi to the AM position rather than playing him so deep. Every time Iwobi was taken off the team's overall play got worse not better.
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

onovo wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:17 pm To be honest, Iwobi is really terrible ! His performance today was nothing to write home about !
You may want to start a list.
Those individuals should not be allowed to take an early lead in any game, as they tend to be unserious.
You are Your Own Dog
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

olu wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:45 pm Iwobi played ok. I'm tired of singing the same song. It would have made more sense to bring on an additional midfielder and move Iwobi to the AM position rather than playing him so deep. Every time Iwobi was taken off the team's overall play got worse not better.
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

ANC wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:55 pm
olu wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:45 pm Iwobi played ok. I'm tired of singing the same song. It would have made more sense to bring on an additional midfielder and move Iwobi to the AM position rather than playing him so deep. Every time Iwobi was taken off the team's overall play got worse not better.
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice.
What do you expect ? When you bring in a division 2 benchwarmer into the midfield