Views from Others - Ugandans praise Iwobi, mock Song

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Views from Others - Ugandans praise Iwobi, mock Song

Post by truetalk »

The analyst thought Iwobi bossed the midfield. I thought he was great as well.

One of the analysts who is an advocate for home coaches hastily denied Song and called him a tourist.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Views from Others - Ugandans praise Iwobi, mock Song

Post by truetalk »

Some Cameroonian fans believe Nigeria was lucky

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

truetalk wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:57 am Some Cameroonian fans believe Nigeria was lucky

Luck is always a big part of any game. One could argue that Cameroon were also lucky not to concede more than 2 goals🤔❗️

Cheers.
Gboye7777
Egg
Egg

Post by Gboye7777 »

Cameroon were also lucky to win the 1984,1988 and 2000 AFCON's
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I hope Song gets fired. There’s no way Ondoa is better than Onana, and he carried on his beef from the World Cup. That’s not the way a coach should behave. His decision to drop Choupo Moting is another baffling decision as he claims his team are inexperienced but drops one of the most experienced players in the squad
I am happy
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Dammy wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:27 am I hope Song gets fired. There’s no way Ondoa is better than Onana, and he carried on his beef from the World Cup. That’s not the way a coach should behave. His decision to drop Choupo Moting is another baffling decision as he claims his team are inexperienced but drops one of the most experienced players in the squad
Not quite true though….

He started Onana and he came with united form and cost them 2 goals….

Are u suggesting that he should stick with the player that made a name instead of the one in form?

Moting does not want to play for him, no player is bigger than the team bro….

Cameroon have no players….they tried

SE is better on all levels
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Enyi wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:38 am
Dammy wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:27 am I hope Song gets fired. There’s no way Ondoa is better than Onana, and he carried on his beef from the World Cup. That’s not the way a coach should behave. His decision to drop Choupo Moting is another baffling decision as he claims his team are inexperienced but drops one of the most experienced players in the squad
Not quite true though….

Are u suggesting that he should stick with the player that made a name instead of the one in form?

I believe Dammy is going by names. Onana would have nothing against Nigeria. Bet on that. No go a lie in this world would have jack! Bet on that. Which goalie would have surely won in 1 v 1 situations? Bros, you have to be lucky that the attacker fumbles it. In fact, Ondoa did the best in that first situation and almost saved from Lookman.

BTW, I read the London Times claiming it was a weak shot by Lookman. BS. The Mail does not realize the distance where the shot was taken from the GK and asked where was the defensive help. LOOK few HKs would save it and even then you need good fortune. Onana? I just laff!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I wouldn’t have played Ondoa if I was song. The guy has been on the receiving end of SE goals and was obviously nervous. He was in goal when Oliseh’s SE beat them 3-0 in a friendly in Belgium, 4-0 and 1-1, in the WCQs and 3-2 in the round of 16 at the 2019 AFCON.
That’s 11 goals conceded in 4 matches!
I am happy
Elexus
Egg
Egg

Post by Elexus »

Cameroon's failure to invite Eric Chippo Moting is baffling. Song says his team is young and yet refused to invite Eric Chippo Moting. Eric is 34 years old. He also did not take Eric to the World Cup. And Onana was in form during the World Cup. Had Onana played in the game against Serbia, Cameroon would have won the match 3-2 and qualified. There may be a problem with the Coach. One cannot act as a Manchester City unless one is blessed with an embarrassment of riches/talents. Song has been too strict in the discipline department. That would be OK if he had the personnel to replace the players he does not want in the team. Manchester City signed Kalvin Phillips for $80 million and yet does not play him. Not many teams can afford such luxury.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

truetalk wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:57 am Some Cameroonian fans believe Nigeria was lucky

Anyone who thinks Nigeria was lucky is delusional. Nigeria was the superior side. Cameruin posted 106 minutes of soccer with no shot on goal. 😂
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Dammy wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm I wouldn’t have played Ondoa if I was song. The guy has been on the receiving end of SE goals and was obviously nervous. He was in goal when Oliseh’s SE beat them 3-0 in a friendly in Belgium, 4-0 and 1-1, in the WCQs and 3-2 in the round of 16 at the 2019 AFCON.
That’s 11 goals conceded in 4 matches!
The highlighted was Onana not Ondoa. Onana still chopped 3 goals in 1 game against us, so wouldn't have made a difference yesterday.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:09 pm
Not quite true though….

I believe Dammy is going by names. Onana would have nothing against Nigeria. Bet on that. No go a lie in this world would have jack! Bet on that. Which goalie would have surely won in 1 v 1 situations? Bros, you have to be lucky that the attacker fumbles it. In fact, Ondoa did the best in that first situation and almost saved from Lookman.

BTW, I read the London Times claiming it was a weak shot by Lookman. BS. The Mail does not realize the distance where the shot was taken from the GK and asked where was the defensive help. LOOK few HKs would save it and even then you need good fortune. Onana? I just laff!!
Not just names, pedigree,achievements as well! Onana was first choice goalkeeper at Ajax, Inter Milan and now Manchester United. That’s three of the top European football clubs and No African goalkeeper, past or present, has ever achieved that, yet you support his benching for an Ondoa who keeps for Nimes in the French 3rd division!
If Uzoho had conceded the sort of goals that went past Ondoa or come out and miss crosses like Ondoa did, we will never hear the last of it on CE.
It’s a typical African thing, especially those former players that have become coaches, to want to pull down a very successful footballer just like Oliseh did with Mikel and Enyeama.
Onana is heads and shoulders above Ondoa as a goalkeeper and it’s only Africans that will justify that sort of selection just to put Onana “ in his place”.
Song gambled and failed, and that’s why Cameroonians are calling for his head.
Last edited by Dammy on Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am happy
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Ol boy on second watch Iwobi balled. The issue is that at crucial times he can lack a bit of composure so watching live that's what registers in your brain.You don't see the little things he does that are crucial to make the team tick. Case in point Lookman found him in the 18 with a nice pass and all he had to do was square to Osimhen and he blasted wide. He also had quite a few misplaced passes.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Not quite true though….

Quote from the legendary Cameroonian goalkeeper, Joseph Antoine Bell

“Speaking of staff, the ones you have, how do you use them? It is you who have players at Bayern Munich that you have not taken. It is you who have a player from Manchester United that you put on the bench to play one who comes from Nîmes Olympique, so, in the French third division. So no, we must stop serving ourselves this kind of thing. We must stop taking people for crazy people"

Joseph Antoine Bell
I am happy
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

airwolex wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:04 pm Ol boy on second watch Iwobi balled. The issue is that at crucial times he can lack a bit of composure so watching live that's what registers in your brain.You don't see the little things he does that are crucial to make the team tick. Case in point Lookman found him in the 18 with a nice pass and all he had to do was square to Osimhen and he blasted wide. He also had quite a few misplaced passes.
Iwobi is our most important player in this formation. He is the only player we have that combines attacking nous with high high work-rate, which is needed when you play 2 in the middle in a 3-4-4 formation. Ideal the 2 in the middle are defensive workhorses. But having iwobi there allows us to have work horses, and still be able to connect the attack.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Dammy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:16 pm
Not quite true though….

Not just names, pedigree,achievements as well! Onana was first choice goalkeeper at Ajax, Inter Milan and now Manchester United. That’s three of the top European football clubs and No African goalkeeper, past or present, has ever achieved that, yet you support his benching for an Ondoa who keeps for Nimes in the French 3rd division!
If Uzoho had conceded the sort of goals that went past Ondoa or come out and miss crosses like Ondoa did, we will never hear the last of it on CE.
It’s a typical African thing, especially those former players that have become coaches, to want to pull down a very successful footballer just like Oliseh did with Mikel and Enyeama.
Onana is heads and shoulders above Ondoa as a goalkeeper and it’s only Africans that will justify that sort of selection just to put Onana “ in his place”.
Current form doesn’t matter?
I wouldn’t make an argument for Onana based on the fact that no current or former African player has played for as many top Euro clubs before. Thomas Nkomo and A. Bell were way better than Onana ever has. But according to your argument, If they were playing at their peak today, they would not be eligible to lineup ahead of Onana.

When people say Africans worship oyinbo, some get upset.

Onana also has a glaring problem that you called out on Ondoa. He is poor at crosses!
In fact, Ondoa is better than Onana in that regard because he has better judgment, just poor execution.

His previous clubs (especially Inter) knew how to protect him and minimize his weaknesses. Manu is struggling at it and Cameroon, does so haphazardly.
There were glimpses that Cameroon defenders were used to Onana in goal. But that is not your argument.

Onana would not have made much of a difference in that game. In fact, it could have derailed his club career. The coaches probably knew it too and protected him.

Let’s all look at evidence on the green grass. If you look with your eyes Koro koro (without scales or clouded/biased lenses) and observe, you will see the truth.
Last edited by Kabalega on Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Kabalega wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:51 pm
Not quite true though….

I wouldn’t make an argument for Onana based on the fact that no current or former African player has played for as many top Euro clubs before. Thomas Nkomo and A. Bell were way better than Onana ever has. But according to your argument, If they were playing at their peak today, they would not be eligible to lineup ahead of Onana.

Onana also has a glaring problem that you called out on Ondoa. He is poor at crosses!
In fact, Ondoa is better than Onana in that regard because he has better judgment, just poor execution.

His previous clubs (especially Inter) knew how to protect him and minimize his weaknesses. Manu is struggling at it and Cameroon, does so haphazardly.
There were glimpses that Cameroon defenders were more used to Onana in goal. But that is not your argument.

Let’s all look at evidence on the green grass. If you look with your eyes Koro koro (without scales or clouded/biased lenses) and observe, you will see the truth.
Go and read Antoine Bell’s comments and stop your obvious bias!
Both Ondoa and Onana were at Ajax and Ondoa never made it past the second team of Ajax!
Bell, one of the best goalkeepers in Cameroonian history supports my assertion or do you know better than Bell?
Onana is a far better goalkeeper than Ondoa, it’s not even close. Remove those big scales from your eyes and see the light!
I am happy
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Dammy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:55 pm
Kabalega wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:51 pm
Not quite true though….

There were glimpses that Cameroon defenders were more used to Onana in goal. But that is not your argument.

Go and read Antoine Bell’s comments and stop your obvious bias!
Both Ondoa and Onana were at Ajax and Ondoa never made it past the second team of Ajax!
Bell, one of the best goalkeepers in Cameroonian history supports my assertion or do you know better than Bell?
Onana is a far better goalkeeper than Ondoa, it’s not even close. Remove those big scales from your eyes and see the light!
How long ago was that? Is Ondoa still the same keeper he was at Ajax?

Do you know Bell’s relationship with Song?

In what way is Onana a far better goalie than Ondoa? I’m not disagreeing, I want facts and better evidence than what you’re presenting here. It doesn’t look like you know the difference.
You called out Ondoa for being poor at crosses, yet Onana is worse at crosses.

My position is that Onana would not have made much of a difference in that game. In fact, if he had played, it could have greatly affected his club career.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu