Without Nwabili we may have to change how we play

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Without Nwabili we may have to change how we play

Post by ugly boy »

Our quick attacking comes from his distribution which allows Osimhen to win the 50/50 balls while Lookman tries to get the 2nd ball. This would be gone with Uzoho and with a goalie that is suspect on long range shots i would consider starting Yusuf as an extra body in midfield and play Alex as AM making the switch to 3-5-2. Moses as wing back is doable sitting Sanusi
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Without Nwabili we may have to change how we play

Post by 1naija »

I trust whatever lineup Peseiro comes up with. Thank you.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

1naija wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:00 pm I trust whatever lineup Peseiro comes up with. Thank you.
Thank you for the intellectual contribution 👏
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

ugly boy wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:35 pm Our quick attacking comes from his distribution which allows Osimhen to win the 50/50 balls while Lookman tries to get the 2nd ball. This would be gone with Uzoho and with a goalie that is suspect on long range shots i would consider starting Yusuf as an extra body in midfield and play Alex as AM making the switch to 3-5-2. Moses as wing back is doable sitting Sanusi
This is a bit of a stretch, don’t you think? Quick attacking starts with Nwabali???

Please I just want to competent goalkeeper. We can leave the attacking to the outfield players. Not every team is Man City.

Can you parry, dive, deal with crosses? Then, ✅
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

ugly boy wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:35 pm Our quick attacking comes from his distribution which allows Osimhen to win the 50/50 balls while Lookman tries to get the 2nd ball. This would be gone with Uzoho and with a goalie that is suspect on long range shots i would consider starting Yusuf as an extra body in midfield and play Alex as AM making the switch to 3-5-2. Moses as wing back is doable sitting Sanusi
No offense but this doesn’t make sense.
Who says Nwabili won’t be ready by Friday?
Peter Obi For President 2023
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Babalawo wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:44 pm
His Pastor told him, he saw the vision.
OCCUPY NFF!!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Babalawo wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:44 pm
https://owngoalnigeria.com/2024/01/30/h ... st-angola/
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

deanotito wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:41 pm
This is a bit of a stretch, don’t you think? Quick attacking starts with Nwabali???

Please I just want to competent goalkeeper. We can leave the attacking to the outfield players. Not every team is Man City.

But he has a point.
A lot of things start with the Goalie, especially with ball distribution out of the back. Have you noticed that when Nwabali takes his goalkicks it is directed at a player and his accuracy is pretty good.

If you have a goalie with questionable kick accuracy and kicking power it changes things like the alignment of players when receiving a goal kick.
Uzoho has shown to be poor at his ball distribution so will require us adjusting to how we take our goalkicks and where the players align on the field during goalkicks.
When you drop (your midfielders and defenders) deep to take and receive goal kicks you will leave gaps that can be quickly exploited. It also allows the opposition to set up a press that could lead to turnovers.
So, it does change how you execute the basic of things like a goalkick.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Cellular wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:17 pm

But he has a point.
A lot of things start with the Goalie, especially with ball distribution out of the back. Have you noticed that when Nwabali takes his goalkicks it is directed at a player and his accuracy is pretty good.

If you have a goalie with questionable kick accuracy and kicking power it changes things like the alignment of players when receiving a goal kick.
Uzoho has shown to be poor at his ball distribution so will require us adjusting to how we take our goalkicks and where the players align on the field during goalkicks.
When you drop (your midfielders and defenders) deep to take and receive goal kicks you will leave gaps that can be quickly exploited. It also allows the opposition to set up a press that could lead to turnovers.
My brother thanks for breaking down the simple concepts. Seems on this site we have a lot of empty barrels not contributing anything but quick to type insults
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Cellular wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:17 pm

But he has a point.

Disagree abeg. I want a goalkeeper to tend the goal. I can get Ekong to kick the ball if the goalie has a weak leg.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

The way we played in the last match allowed no shots on target for the opponent. That should be the main priority as it wouldn't matter even if it were Lookman standing in goal.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

greg wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:22 am The way we played in the last match allowed no shots on target for the opponent. That should be the main priority as it wouldn't matter even if it were Lookman standing in goal.
They won’t be as toothless as Cameroon.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:49 am
greg wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:22 am The way we played in the last match allowed no shots on target for the opponent. That should be the main priority as it wouldn't matter even if it were Lookman standing in goal.
They won’t be as toothless as Cameroon.
If you knew Peseiro before he became our coach, you would know that the sustained high press is one of his specialty tactics that he deploys selectively. Many years ago, he used it for his Saudi team against out star-studded side. The result was the same - we didn't smell their goal area for 90 mins.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

The kind of keeper you put in goal invites the shots. Adeleye case in point.
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

Nwabali is his name
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

COOKING SPOON wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:34 am Nwabali is his name
It’s even spelled on his jersey.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .