Duke Udi on Oliseh

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Duke Udi on Oliseh

Post by ANC »

mcal wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:04 pm ...wow, suddenly sympathy for Sunday Oliseh, something fishy must be brewing, we standby.
not falling for it
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ANC wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:37 pm
mcal wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:04 pm ...wow, suddenly sympathy for Sunday Oliseh, something fishy must be brewing, we standby.
not falling for it
All this is cool, but he’s still been proven to be a poor coach and poor man manager which taints what he’s accomplished in his career.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mcal wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:04 pm ...wow, suddenly sympathy for a man who risked his life when he was sick to represent Nigeria, something fishy must be brewing, we standby.
I corrected your post. You know, as a true Nigerian, the disdain for our heroes and the uplifting of drug dealers and murderers who commit genocide is very close to our hearts. I heard after voting in a drug dealer, nothing fishing brewed. Instead, monarchs and their subjects are being slaughtered in Ekiti, citizens are being kidnapped and murdered in Abuja, the Naira is twerking in the gutter, while your drug dealer is in Paris taking a nap and his son is in London watching Davdo's concert. Dont worry, nothing fishy is brewing, lets focus our venom on the one who risked his life to serve. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Tueh!! it will NEVER be well for the person who cursed Nigeria and Nigerians. God will judge that person very harshly.
Last edited by danfo driver on Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

Festac boy!!! Some of us know him way back to when he was still in festac. What Oliseh with Duke Udi's case, is what Oliseh does. Not just at country, but professionally (find out what happened in Germany at Dortmund). And that has been why many people despise him. I'm sure before being the coach of the Nigerian super eagles, he noticed from outside what many of us know is wrong with the team and came out with that attitude to try and nip in the bud, but...
Anyways, I still think he will be a good coach, and would do better this time around if he is chosen to coach the team. Remember, what is wrong with most coaches is not the ability not to coach, but the ability to stay principled.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

jungle-jawara wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:50 pm Festac boy!!! Some of us know him way back to when he was still in festac. What Oliseh with Duke Udi's case, is what Oliseh does. Not just at country, but professionally (find out what happened in Germany at Dortmund). And that has been why many people despise him. I'm sure before being the coach of the Nigerian super eagles, he noticed from outside what many of us know is wrong with the team and came out with that attitude to try and nip in the bud, but...
Anyways, I still think he will be a good coach, and would do better this time around if he is chosen to coach the team. Remember, what is wrong with most coaches is not the ability not to coach, but the ability to stay principled.
What has he done since he failed with SE coaching-wise to deserve another chance? Even he will refuse to come back before more witches and mami water start attacking him again…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
2think
Egg
Egg

Post by 2think »

Nice

Respect to Oliseh, and Duke for calling out their injustice :clap: :clap: :clap:
May the Lord God Bless U real Good
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Duke Udi was a good baller. I hope he’s doing okay
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

As team captain maximum respect….. as a coach and team manager he leaves a lot to be desired
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Flex Swift wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:55 pm As team captain maximum respect….. as a coach and team manager he leaves a lot to be desired

It was his era that gave Africa Onigbinde.
Not that I am siding with the officials, but it was during the era, that the best and most experienced players, like finidi were sidelined for the likes of Ogbeche.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

imehjunior wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:39 pm
NFF have always had crooks.
Was Noriega not loved
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Enuff respect to Oliseh, but I'm not surprised. What Nigerians call good people managers are those that tolerate abysmal management, broken promises and hotheads (Enyeama) that stand up to demand respect when the boss is venting. Pls stop the misinformation about all captains doing this. Clearly Nigerian football lacks principled individuals, the place has been overrun with utterly corrupt coaches, players and administrators who have no business doing what they do. The likes of Keshi, Amodu, Amokachi, have storied off field activities steeped in corruption despite on field success which unfortunately Nigerians tend to accept as justifying whatever means. Selling players, watches, being on a player's payroll, working long periods without pay etc. Infact, such is the corruption that those that have "successfully" worked with the NFF are more likely than not, very corrupt.

We should not leave out their enablers and those that grant comfort to these guys from amongst the fans too. They are part of the problem, people only driven by results at all cost, take sides based on affiliations and affinity, those that tend to see things along the lines of ethnicity etc. are all part of the problem. They are so myopic to realize that establishing standards of good management, principles and fairness is what really leads to long term success and uplift. Instead they cheer short term gain and memorialize it.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

felarey wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:49 pm Enuff respect to Oliseh, but I'm not surprised. What Nigerians call good people managers are those that tolerate abysmal management, broken promises and hotheads (Enyeama) that stand up to demand respect when the boss is venting. Pls stop the misinformation about all captains doing this. Clearly Nigerian football lacks principled individuals, the place has been overrun with utterly corrupt coaches, players and administrators who have no business doing what they do. The likes of Keshi, Amodu, Amokachi, have storied off field activities steeped in corruption despite on field success which unfortunately Nigerians tend to accept as justifying whatever means. Selling players, watches, being on a player's payroll, working long periods without pay etc. Infact, such is the corruption that those that have "successfully" worked with the NFF are more likely than not, very corrupt.

We should not leave out their enablers and those that grant comfort to these guys from amongst the fans too. They are part of the problem, people only driven by results at all cost, take sides based on affiliations and affinity, those that tend to see things along the lines of ethnicity etc. are all part of the problem. They are so myopic to realize that establishing standards of good management, principles and fairness is what really leads to long term success and uplift. Instead they cheer short term gain and memorialize it.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I was once approached to serve as commissioner of one ministry. When I heard the salary offered, I said I cant do it. And they said "No be from salary dem dey use make money nah." Thats when I knew I wont last 1 week in that position.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The funny thing is the same corrupt organization was who gave him a job he didn’t deserve and proceeded to prove he wasn’t good enough for…But yea one will live with their corrupt decisions as long as it benefits oneself lol…It’s the same selfish trait that those who hired him against common sense complained about afterwards:

Pinnick added: “It also shows that he only thinks of himself and does not bother how to contribute to the development of Nigerian football. How can an ex-Super Eagles player and coach of the national team be so selfish. I don’t want to join issues with Oliseh because I have a lot to do for our football at the moment. But it is good I let him realise that he is an ungrateful fellow.

“I gave Oliseh Super Eagles coaching job and gave him all the support he needed to succeed even when many people were against it. He failed to make good use of the opportunity. He is ungrateful.”

https://ojbsport.com/2021/03/23/i-gave- ... ngrateful/
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

felarey wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:49 pm Enuff respect to Oliseh, but I'm not surprised. What Nigerians call good people managers are those that tolerate abysmal management, broken promises and hotheads (Enyeama) that stand up to demand respect when the boss is venting. Pls stop the misinformation about all captains doing this. Clearly Nigerian football lacks principled individuals, the place has been overrun with utterly corrupt coaches, players and administrators who have no business doing what they do. The likes of Keshi, Amodu, Amokachi, have storied off field activities steeped in corruption despite on field success which unfortunately Nigerians tend to accept as justifying whatever means. Selling players, watches, being on a player's payroll, working long periods without pay etc. Infact, such is the corruption that those that have "successfully" worked with the NFF are more likely than not, very corrupt.

Driven by results at all cost? What are you on about? You forget Oliseh quit on his own accord, no one drove him out citing any results, he quit on his team jumping ship before it crashed, and ran away citing ‘witches’ not corruption or anything principled. He could have stayed in there and affected the change you think he wanted and help clean things up for the long term success you are speaking of, but buddy ran away…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

Oliseh may actually be better suited as an Administrator than a Coach. If he is NFF President, we can be rest assured that a lot of the corruption will be nipped in the bud.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Naija fan wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:32 pm Oliseh may actually be better suited as an Administrator than a Coach. If he is NFF President, we can be rest assured that a lot of the corruption will be nipped in the bud.
I kinda agree, but his interpersonal skills might not allow him to get into such positions. He may be too busy fighting everybody to get any thing of note done…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:21 pm The funny thing is the same corrupt organization was who gave him a job he didn’t deserve and proceeded to prove he wasn’t good enough for…But yea one will live with their corrupt decisions as long as it benefits oneself lol…It’s the same selfish trait that those who hired him against common sense complained about afterwards:

Pinnick added: “It also shows that he only thinks of himself and does not bother how to contribute to the development of Nigerian football. How can an ex-Super Eagles player and coach of the national team be so selfish. I don’t want to join issues with Oliseh because I have a lot to do for our football at the moment. But it is good I let him realise that he is an ungrateful fellow.

“I gave Oliseh Super Eagles coaching job and gave him all the support he needed to succeed even when many people were against it. He failed to make good use of the opportunity. He is ungrateful.”

https://ojbsport.com/2021/03/23/i-gave- ... ngrateful/
Really? Pray tell what job he was offered that he didn't deserve or qualify for? At the time, was there a more qualified coach in Nigeria? Were the previous coaches more qualified than he was? How large was the pool of coaches with the same qualification Oliseh had? How is that pool even today???
Asking for shoes for his players is not selfish, stamping out cabal mentality was not selfish, asking for hotel bookings that are reserved and paid for are not selfish, asking to be paid when due is not selfish. These are the basis for good management and coaching. Not being able to do these small things is why we still need executive actions to pay Peseiro in 2024 :roll: while others are using this same football to pay pensions, develop infrastructure, employment, healthcare, education etc.

You are losing a lot of credibility quoting Pinnick. We vividly remember Pinnick and his cohorts posting fill forms for payment as proof that Oliseh was paid. Like EVERYONE that coached SE in the last 25 years, Oliseh was also owed and put through the ringer to get paid. Yet anyone has the galls to call him selfish.

Nothing to be grateful for, only corrupt people seek gratefulness over mutual execution of contract from a person they employed. Nigerian football was not Pinnick's play thing.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:27 pm

Driven by results at all cost? What are you on about? You forget Oliseh quit on his own accord, no one drove him out citing any results, he quit on his team jumping ship before it crashed, and ran away citing ‘witches’ not corruption or anything principled. He could have stayed in there and affected the change you think he wanted and help clean things up for the long term success you are speaking of, but buddy ran away…
When you sign a contract and the terms are not fulfilled. As a professional the right thing to do is to quit. You do it for yourself, your profession and the overall good. Not play ball and allow people who want to make money of you and your team to not call you selfish. He could have stayed? Really? So that it's business as usual? When has staying on the job with broken contract ever helped clean things up? Do you have an example of that in this life or afterlife?? :D We've had a lot that worked without pay, where did that get us? Claiming he ran away is condoning corruption and mismanagement.

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

You can be principled and manage your players properly. Berating your captain in front of the whole team when he had just lost his mother was not the way to go. But I still want him to coach us in the future. I'm sure he will manage players a little differently.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

aruako1 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:20 pm

You can be principled and manage your players properly. Berating your captain in front of the whole team when he had just lost his mother was not the way to go. But I still want him to coach us in the future. I'm sure he will manage players a little differently.
Oliseh actually did well for captain Enyeama. When he was hired, one of the first things he did was go to Enyeama's sitting room in France to visit him. He did something similar for all the senior players and the ones he could meet with. This is all part of the CE archives. I'll have no doubt he sent in his commiserations as an individual and probably as part of the team when his mom passed away.

We all have our professional and personal lives. A coach speaking with his players was not the stage for anyone to make things about themselves. Oliseh had every right and responsibility to speak out on anything he deems affecting the team. He was speaking to them in private and not the press nor public. That is not the forum for Enyeama to get up and demand respect from his coach. Even worse is what the so called "captain" did afterwards. He stormed out of the meeting, Mikel followed him to his room and tried to stop him from leaving, begging him, NFF officials tried to talk to him, no one could get him to see reason and he bolted out of camp all the way to France. He didn't remember any of the respect his coach had shown him earlier.

Enyeama clearly knows if he tried that with his club coaches, he'll be somewhere asking us "do you want fries with that?" at his day job right now. But we have fans here justifying his conduct because they don't like Oliseh.

Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

I will like Oliseh to respond to Mikel's claims.

Anyways, it has always been very clear that Oliseh is a very principled fella. Kudos for standing up for his teammates.
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Schillachi wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:35 pm I will like Oliseh to respond to Mikel's claims.

Anyways, it has always been very clear that Oliseh is a very principled fella. Kudos for standing up for his teammates.
why? What would that achieve?
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:49 pm
Schillachi wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:35 pm I will like Oliseh to respond to Mikel's claims.

why? What would that achieve?
It will set the record straight. We have to listen to both sides of the story. Many times, podcasters exaggerate for clout..
NIGERIAN BADBOY!