Nigeria vs Angola (1-0) Lookman x1, Moses assist FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

imehjunior
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs Angola (1-0) Lookman HT

Post by imehjunior »

Zaidu na waste pipe. Complete short one. No way anyone picking him during a game of set.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
davidbam14
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs Angola (1-0) Lookman

Post by davidbam14 »

metalalloy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:37 pm Like i said in the other thread, i disagree with the notion that Iwobi is as good as Simon defensively

Haba zaidu!!!
We need to be honest about sanusi, he is poor
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

SylverEagles wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:39 pm If we talk now, they will come and tell us how Zaidu is Roberto Carlos and Cafu rolled into one.

What a waste.
LOL. He just second guessed himself there. Not sure what’s up this tourney for him, he has been better offensively for the eagles in the past.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

metalalloy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:37 pm Like i said in the other thread, i disagree with the notion that Iwobi is as good as Simon defensively

Haba zaidu!!!
Iwobi is not good defensively. He's not proactive and kinda lazy when it comes to tracking players.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

txj wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:37 pm Damn, Zaidu let the ball roll....
Oh, you don change?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Haba zaidu!!!
Look at the defensive work and positioning of Iwobi in the middle and you'll see. Dont forget Iwobi played RWB at Everton for a season or so.

Defensively is less than 50% tackling (which i believe Iwobi is better), its a lot about positioning and tracking. Put Simon in the middle and it wont be a good sight :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

This might just be the best team we've had in a while guys
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

Offensively Zaidu is subpar today/ Is this psychological or he reasons the other way around?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Eagles, give more goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllls
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

metalalloy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:40 pm
SylverEagles wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:39 pm If we talk now, they will come and tell us how Zaidu is Roberto Carlos and Cafu rolled into one.

What a waste.
LOL. He just second guessed himself there. Not sure what’s up this tourney for him, he has been better offensively for the eagles in the past.
I think he left his brain in Portugal or wherever it is that he plays. :mad:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Angola (0-0)

Post by danfo driver »

truetalk wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:39 pm
truetalk wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:13 pm Zaidu is being asked to do something he isn't capable of.

He is a decent defender, but not good going forward, as such cannot be a wing back or wing forward.

Bruno may be better at this stage. Tyronne and Jamilu Collins should have been the extra men for this squad if we want to keep using this formation going forward. 6 wingbacks/wingforwards/full backs (whatever you choose to call them)
Coaching is not too hard.

These guys are going to make the fans turn on Zaidu, & it will be unfair.

He does not fit this system.
I think he actually has the skills for this system. Perhaps he is not in form or he has never played a 3-4-3 before so doesnt understand what to do, in terms of positioning.

His poor decision-making has nothing to do with the system. He is clearly just dull.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

bushboy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:39 pm Leave Zaidu. Our keeper dey on vacation. This game has 3-0 written all over it. Almost too easy.
Same keeper that made a point blank save? Ok oo
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:40 pm
He's actually played very well so far. He does EVERYTHING RIGHT ... except the final delivery. So tough to wrap my head around.

absolutely
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mutiman
Egg
Egg

Post by mutiman »

miky wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:38 pm Sanusi doing all the right things but letting the ball go. Jeeez!!
It's such a pity, he does everything right but when it come to the final ball............
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

That Angolan babe dey kampe oooo!!!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

truetalk wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:13 pm Zaidu is being asked to do something he isn't capable of.

He is a decent defender, but not good going forward, as such cannot be a wing back or wing forward.

Bruno may be better at this stage. Tyronne and Jamilu Collins should have been the extra men for this squad if we want to keep using this formation going forward. 6 wingbacks/wingforwards/full backs (whatever you choose to call them)

People are forgetting Zaidu release the ball for Simon Moses, which led to the goal. Defensively, he has covered Bassey very well.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohsee wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:41 pm
Oh, you don change?
No mind brother TXJ :lol:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:41 pm

Haba zaidu!!!
Look at the defensive work and positioning of Iwobi in the middle and you'll see. Dont forget Iwobi played RWB at Everton for a season or so.

Defensively is less than 50% tackling (which i believe Iwobi is better), its a lot about positioning and tracking. Put Simon in the middle and it wont be a good sight :lol:
I agree with you 100%. Iwobi's positioning is impeccable in the middle. The other thread suggested replacing Simon on the wings with Iwobi in order to accommodate Alhassan. I said there that you lose out on Simon's speed on counter attacks and recovery on defense. There is no way Iwobi is chasing down that Angolan when they countered like Simon did, or even getting to that pass that Simon got to before the Angolan defender leading to the goal. He is just too quick.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

imehjunior wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:40 pm Zaidu na waste pipe. Complete short one. No way anyone picking him during a game of set.
For me he's played well on the defensive end of the game. But when it comes to crossing, he has zero confidence which is a head scratcher for a Porto FC player.
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

metalalloy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:36 pm Look at that recovery run by Moses Simon. What a two way player!!!
dude has been everywhere tday, everywhere
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

fabio wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:43 pm

People are forgetting Zaidu release the ball for Simon Moses, which led to the goal. Defensively, he has covered Bassey very well.
no he has not.
They blew by him in the early minutes of the game and that nearly created a goal/scoring opportunity for Angola.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

ohsee wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:42 pm
metalalloy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:40 pm

What a waste.
I think he left his brain in Portugal or wherever it is that he plays. :mad:
:rotf: :rotf:

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

The replay of Nwabali save at 03:45, shows how very good it was. If na someone else, na goal.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim