Nigeria vs Angola (1-0) Lookman x1, Moses assist FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Nigeria vs Angola (1-0) Lookman x1, Moses assist FT

Post by Robbynice »

Congratulations to the Super Eagles. We move on...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Goldleaf wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:53 pm To be honest, Angola was poor and un-inventive lacking any creativity.
SE was better them on all accounts and knew what to do with the ball when we had it,
Their star names Dala and Mabululu were missing.
With us playing so deep especially in the 2nd half with no pressure on the ball, a clever side would have taken us to the cleaners. You just need good movement and a pass behind the back 4.
No be una fault. Na Nwabali cause am! If he had not made those fantastic saves you will not be saying what you are saying.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
seyiblack
Egg
Egg

Post by seyiblack »

Abeg, all the negative energy before the event, particularly those that said they would stay away because they didn't like us camping in Dubai, do not accept the coach or his selection, we need you keep away. We don't need that energy now.
Support our boys regardless of coach, ethnicity of players and pure jealousy.
davidbam14
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs Angola (1-0) Lookman x1, Moses assist 2H

Post by davidbam14 »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:47 pm Glad to be in the Semis. But two things --

- very poorly managed game
- this game once again highlights the importance of picking your squad on merit
- this game once again highlights the fact that our players need to learn humility when they play smaller teams. They need to prosecute the game with the same discipline. Very disappointing.
thank God we won but i'm not sure about our coach anymore, the angolan coach understands tactics. If the angolan coach was in charge of nigeria how good we'll be.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

airwolex wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:50 pm Good win. That wasn't easy at all
No one said any of the matches is going to be easy and hence the fear. Thus, we move on to play/fight our next opponent
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Elexus
Egg
Egg

Post by Elexus »

Eagles had an off day today. A lot of misplaced passes in the final third, an uncharacteristic blunder in the defense exposing Nawabali to the tender mercy of the Angolan forward. Aina's blunder led to the first corner in the first half, and again Nwabali bailed Nigeria out.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

I think this was our toughest game so far.
Thank God for the Left side goal post, I had already covered my face in disappointment from the defenders!

I think it’s going to be a Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Semi Final.
Peter Obi For President 2023
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

davidbam14 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:01 pm
danfo driver wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:47 pm Glad to be in the Semis. But two things --

- this game once again highlights the fact that our players need to learn humility when they play smaller teams. They need to prosecute the game with the same discipline. Very disappointing.
thank God we won but i'm not sure about our coach anymore, the angolan coach understands tactics. If the angolan coach was in charge of nigeria how good we'll be.
Tales by moonlight. You are giving the losing coach credit. Wetin man no go see for this forum...smdh

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

seyiblack wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:01 pm Abeg, all the negative energy before the event, particularly those that said they would stay away because they didn't like us camping in Dubai, do not accept the coach or his selection, we need you keep away. We don't need that energy now.
Kpom Kwem!

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

The coach left a few players on the pitch too long - early in the 2nd half Iwobi was giving the ball away a lot, a bit later Victor was bending over after any sprint. Hope he doesn't have a serious injury. Trust the subs more.
Our 1st half was a blue print for an ambitious team - Iwobi's short & quick passes, our wide forwards on the front foot was good to see.
We sat back too deep in the 2nd - we needed fresh legs.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

felarey wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:50 pm :clap: :clap: :clap: Job done! On to the next one....still wondering why Osimhen wasn't allowed to go rest and why it was worth playing with 10 men while a goal up and injury time??? Eniwe, I'm grateful, semis here we come! :D

Especially in those conditions...

He needs to use his squad better. If he doesn't trust them then you have to question why he took them in the first place...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Goldleaf wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:53 pm To be honest, Angola was poor and un-inventive lacking any creativity.
SE was better them on all accounts and knew what to do with the ball when we had it,
With us playing so deep especially in the 2nd half with no pressure on the ball, a clever side would have taken us to the cleaners. You just need good movement and a pass behind the back 4.
They were "poor" because we defended very well as a team and were disciplined pretty much the entire game.
seyiblack
Egg
Egg

Post by seyiblack »

wanaj0 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:00 pm
No be una fault. Na Nwabali cause am! If he had not made those fantastic saves you will not be saying what you are saying.
Nwabali did his job. Doesn't mean Nigeria was not the better team all around. An Angola win today would have been injustice based on the 90-mins of play. Nigeria should have won with a wider margin.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Robbynice wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:03 pm

Tales by moonlight. You are giving the losing coach credit. Wetin man no go see for this forum...smdh
:D
must you respond to everybody?
seyiblack
Egg
Egg

Post by seyiblack »

tolahs wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:05 pm The coach left a few players on the pitch too long - early in the 2nd half Iwobi was giving the ball away a lot, a bit later Victor was bending over after any sprint. Hope he doesn't have a serious injury. Trust the subs more.
Our 1st half was a blue print for an ambitious team - Iwobi's short & quick passes, our wide forwards on the front foot was good to see.
We sat back too deep in the 2nd - we needed fresh legs.
Iwobi was tired. I thought the subs were timely.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

txj wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:05 pm
felarey wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:50 pm :clap: :clap: :clap: Job done! On to the next one....still wondering why Osimhen wasn't allowed to go rest and why it was worth playing with 10 men while a goal up and injury time??? Eniwe, I'm grateful, semis here we come! :D

Especially in those conditions...

He needs to use his squad better. If he doesn't trust them then you have to question why he took them in the first place...
:thumbs:
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

Angola is by no means poor and un-inventive or lacking creativity. Angola is a very good team that ran into, arguably, the best defense in the tournament. Good defenses have a way of making the other team look bad. Credit goes to our defense and not that Angola is lacks creativity
Last edited by Naija fan on Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
seyiblack
Egg
Egg

Post by seyiblack »

Elexus wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:02 pm Eagles had an off day today. A lot of misplaced passes in the final third, an uncharacteristic blunder in the defense exposing Nawabali to the tender mercy of the Angolan forward. Aina's blunder led to the first corner in the first half, and again Nwabali bailed Nigeria out.
Only explanation for this comment is you watching the game under tension. A goalie is meant to "bail" out his team.
Last edited by seyiblack on Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

This was our toughest match of the AFCON. Kudos to the SE for their defensive discipline.
The boys were totally knackered after the game. Matches against Angola have always been tight
Last edited by Dammy on Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am happy
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Story. The same Angola Coach who couldn't make any adjustments over 100mins of football to create any quality chances on target? Our coach may not be the best but based on tournament performances, he has been managing these games very well against the so called better coaches.... shebi Angola hasn't lost in 10 games until today?
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

green4life wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:06 pm
They were "poor" because we defended very well as a team and were disciplined pretty much the entire game.
Uncle God bless you but better still, they were poor because we made them look poor. For a team that many of us had accused of not being imaginative before this AFCON, the Eagles have been remarkably disciplined, hardworking and shown swagger when they've had to. Na we slack before....Angola no be our gang. Well done to the team
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

green4life wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:10 pm

Story. The same Angola Coach who couldn't make any adjustments over 100mins of football to create any quality chances on target? Our coach may not be the best but based on tournament performances, he has been managing these games very well against the so called better coaches.... shebi Angola hasn't lost in 10 games until today?
Baba you yourself see am. It is one thing if you don't like Peseiro but to say the losing team coach would do better...Haba! We no dey fear God for this place sha...smdh

seyiblack
Egg
Egg

Post by seyiblack »

hestonap wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:12 pm
green4life wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:06 pm
Uncle God bless you but better still, they were poor because we made them look poor. For a team that many of us had accused of not being imaginative before this AFCON, the Eagles have been remarkably disciplined, hardworking and shown swagger when they've had to. Na we slack before....Angola no be our gang. Well done to the team
It is common sense. It is not a coincidence that Angola that has been scoring sexy goals till today all of a sudden looked "poor".