Pesseiro triggers contract renewal

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Pesseiro triggers contract renewal

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Shebi the clause was to reach the semis abi? Well. What to do now?
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Pesseiro triggers contract renewal

Post by mcal »

...fat lady neva sing o, make we win win next next.
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

:rotf: :rotf:
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
gurrano
Egg
Egg

Post by gurrano »

That is assuming that he would want to stay if a better offer came along.. Nff abi na NFa is not an easy organization for a coach to work with (foreign or local)
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Still think Nigeria needs a new coach. Nigeria is actually underachieving. Wasted a lot of chances today. Should have beaten Angola today by 4 goals. The team need to continue to improve. But the team is playing well defensively. Got to become a complete team. Continue to get better not standing still.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

I hope someone asks him why Osimhen wasn't subbed off and why we played with 10 men, 1 goal up in dying minutes. Seems like negligence. :sneaky:
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I hope he takes the renewed contract and make a legacy with us, he now has all the leverage to do shakara for us and can you blame him if he does?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria need to have contingency plans. I see him taking the Zamalek job for more money.

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:49 pm Shebi the clause was to reach the semis abi? Well. What to do now?
Reward the man. He has earned it. Hopefully we will do it again and win the AFCON trophy. :thumb:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

It's a tough one for him when his bosses when live on air say they want to fire him, but they have no money to do so. Wouldn't blame him if he steps away, but he would be a fool to. The team looks like a tech startup with game-changing invention that everyone will need. Only just beginning to click and so much upside.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Even with a bad team. Nigeria can reach Afcon semifinals. But I must say the team is playing hard and playing well defensively. The players want to win.

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

He definitely deserves a contract renewal. As abysmal as the pre-tournament record was, he’s shown me that he is up to the job. We should definitely keep him.

Rohr tried to make the eagles more defensive, but the output was so boring and lackadaisical, you almost had to pay me to watch the team. Peseiro has made them more defensive but they’re still exciting to watch and always look the better team. Team looks like Mourinho’s Chelsea
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:58 pm Still think Nigeria needs a new coach. Nigeria is actually underachieving. Wasted a lot of chances today. Should have beaten Angola today by 4 goals. The team need to continue to improve. But the team is playing well defensively. Got to become a complete team. Continue to get better not standing still.
Start naming the new coaches that you want so that we can start shrining and campaigning them with you. I think by now everyone should agree that firing a coach without knowing who or what the replacement will be takes us straight into the garbage can.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

greg wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:23 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:58 pm Still think Nigeria needs a new coach. Nigeria is actually underachieving. Wasted a lot of chances today. Should have beaten Angola today by 4 goals. The team need to continue to improve. But the team is playing well defensively. Got to become a complete team. Continue to get better not standing still.
Start naming the new coaches that you want so that we can start shrining and campaigning them with you. I think by now everyone should agree that firing a coach without knowing who or what the replacement will be takes us straight into the garbage can.
I will let them all interview. But my choice would be one of the following

Finidi George
Sunday Oliseh
Emanuel Amuneke

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

We should still fire him! He isn't good enough! Aribo, Musa, Uzoho? Please wait until he wins the cup and fire him the next day!
Last edited by Undertaker on Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mcal wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:51 pm ...fat lady neva sing o, make we win win next next.
Mcal,

No be so-oo! The contract tok say if Peseiro lead the team reach 'semi final,' and now, him don do-am. Thus, make NFF tok make we hear.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:27 pm
I will let them all interview. But my choice would be one of the following

Finidi George
Sunday Oliseh
Emanuel Amuneke
Their resumes are pretty thin at this level of football. The initial phase of your campaign should be grooming them properly. Finidi is already in the right place, and appointing him like the CIV coach should be a good transition. Way too early though.
sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:49 pm Shebi the clause was to reach the semis abi? Well. What to do now?
Emir - there are always tough decisions to be made.

Peseiro has to be given credit for the Super Eagles to make it to the Semis - i watched all their games in this Afcon and the team has done well - excellent organization in the back and middle. In the attack, one feels, they are holding back an extra gear. But we should be happy. There are no small teams in Afcon anymore. I watched some of Angola's games this Afcon and they are a solid/strong team.

The SE team may not have the attacking flavour of the teams from the 90s (if they score 3 we score 4) but defense wins championships. Even in the last Afcon, SE played good attacking football in the 3 group stage games and won them but then when the time came in the knock out stage, they were knocked out by Tunisia.

Back to the topic at hand - i thought Peseiro had discussions with some other teams / countries for post-Afcon hiring? Or am I mixing things up?
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Thank God 'CE coaches and administrators' have no influence non Pesseiro's fate.
All this talk, and people still can't see why SE would probably not get any high level
coach - incompetent NFF and affordability. We cannot be aspiring for a Lamborghini
coach with McDonalds earning and bad organization.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Babadee
Egg
Egg

Post by Babadee »

the man has met his contract criteria reach semi final or get fired.

All the team need is some new blood in midfield and possibly add Tosin Adarabioyo.

Aribo-out
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Babadee wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:32 pm
the man has met his contract criteria reach semi final or get fired.

All the team need is some new blood in midfield and possibly add Tosin Adarabioyo.

Aribo-out
KPOM
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

He is doing well.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Everyone but Ohahahenhen.
He doesn’t know that.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "