A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH OSIMEHN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH OSIMEHN

Post by vancity eagle »

His positioning and runs

ARE PISS POOR.

I've noted this before and it is a major reason he doesn't score as much as he should, and a major reason he is being marked out of games in Serie A.

Just look at the goal Lookman scored because he delayed his run and was in open space.

I have never seen Osimehn do this. He always just sprints forward and there is NO VARIATION to his running.

Victor needs to use his HEAD, not physically, but mentally, his brains. There is little smarts in his game, it is so predictable.

I counted 3 or 4 times where we had breaks and Osimehn did NOTHING to make himself open and available for a pass.

One time Simon (who had a great game) was forced to shoot because Osimehn gave him no option.

His movement is PISS POOR.

I hope he improves.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH OSIMEHN

Post by metalalloy »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:55 pm His positioning and runs

ARE PISS POOR.

I've noted this before and it is a major reason he doesn't score as much as he should, and a major reason he is being marked out of games in Serie A.

Just look at the goal Lookman scored because he delayed his run and was in open space.

I have never seen Osimehn do this. He always just sprints forward and there is NO VARIATION to his running.

Victor needs to use his HEAD, not physically, but mentally, his brains. There is little smarts in his game, it is so predictable.

I counted 3 or 4 times where we had breaks and Osimehn did NOTHING to make himself open and available for a pass.

One time Simon (who had a great game) was forced to shoot because Osimehn gave him no option.

I hope he improves.
He was in open space because Osimhen's movement dragged two defenders to him.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Una don start oh
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...is he gonna be your next Musa :ohmy: :ohmy:
Naija4lyfe
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija4lyfe »

Very poor. And I like Osimhen. I see the same problem when plays at Napoli then gets mad when the pass don't get to him smh
Naija4lyfe
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Easy guys.
One goal in five games isn’t enough
for a striker expected to fetch a nine
figure transfer fee but why stir the pot
while we are winning.
The tone of the post is confrontational and
I can only imagine what the rest of this thread will
turn into smh
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Naija4lyfe wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:59 pm Very poor. And I like Osimhen. I see the same problem when plays at Napoli then gets mad when the pass don't get to him smh
Exactly. That's how he plays at Napoli.

I like Osimehn, I want him to be the very best.

But he is a very one dimensional player.

He needs to be a SMARTER player.

And those who think this is just hate have no clue.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He is okay.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

He is VICTOR OSIMHEN for God's sake. Nobody will give you space if that's your name. His job was to drag defenders along with him to create spaces for Lookman others to run into. He did that very well most times and the goal resulted from that. The only time it didn't work was when he didn't see Lookman for the knockdown and instead headed over the bar himself. U need to watch some coaching videos on youtube dude. You will learn lots, and see aspects of the game that most hormonal fans don't.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

x
Last edited by greg on Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:01 pm Easy guys.
while we are winning.

turn into smh
There is a ton more to a striker than merely scoring goals. The defenders have to account for him on every single play. Oshimhen has been involved in the vast majority of goals that we have scored. His movement and pressuring the backline is invaluable and has led to goals scored by the other forwards. They are also there to score too abi?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He was involved in 4 of 5 our goals. He is okay. The goals will come. Almost had a 2nd today. Was marginally outside.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

If dude had more smarts he could have like 5 goals by now.

No variation in his runs. He is EASILY marked out.

There is a reason he only has 1 goal after 5 matches.
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

ARE PISS POOR.

I hope he improves.
Vanity or whatever your name is, if Osimhen didn't pull 2 defenders then lookman would not be open to score. Dude watch the game. Obviously He could have scored the other goal but his workrate and the team approach is extremely amazing. That's the kind of player you want on your team. Someone that's not too selfish. Trust me his goals will come at the appropriate time.
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:04 pm If dude had more smarts he could have like 5 goals by now.

No variation in his runs. He is EASILY marked out.

There is a reason he only has 1 goal after 5 matches.
He was far from marked out today. Unliked the dreadlocked guy you told him to go learn from. :rotf:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:04 pm He was involved in 4 of 5 our goals. He is okay. The goals will come. Almost had a 2nd today. Was marginally outside.
I am not talking about his goal involvement.

I am talking about his positioning and running.

IT IS POOR.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Perhaps he should have taken the penalty to shake things out. So far we're getting away with missed opportunities I'd take it.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Babadee
Egg
Egg

Post by Babadee »

ARE PISS POOR.

I hope he improves.
All the defenders are following Osimhen creating opening for lookman. He was to be the sacrificial player in the box.

So Osimhen is not piss poor, he has been playing as a team player.
Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

its true he has to learn the offside trap, and how to get rid his defender by delaying his movement, i really hope he watches his games more to correct that, if he does that he will be unstoppable 4 sure,
Last edited by Jmal on Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

metalalloy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:58 pm

ARE PISS POOR.

I hope he improves.
Thank you.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Bro, there’s no in-between with you. It’s either amazing or piss poor Lol... I will say his runs need some improvement, but calling it piss poor is going too far.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

EXACTLY!!!

I don't know how some people watch games. Without that Osimhen run Lookman wouldn’t have been that open.

Having said that, I thought Osimhen was a bit off today. He wasn't his usual pumped up self.
metalalloy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:58 pm

ARE PISS POOR.

I hope he improves.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

metalalloy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:03 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:01 pm Easy guys.
while we are winning.

turn into smh
There is a ton more to a striker than merely scoring goals. The defenders have to account for him on every single play. Oshimhen has been involved in the vast majority of goals that we have scored. His movement and pressuring the backline is invaluable and has led to goals scored by the other forwards. They are also there to score too abi?
Yeah Sherlock,
I can see you the director of football approaching a club chairman and asking for 120 million pound transfer fee and a 400k per week salary and oh that matter of an agent fee of 12-15 million for a striker that scores once every five games … but hustles and harasses defenders lol …
Good luck with that