Moses Simon remains an enigma

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Moses Simon remains an enigma

Post by Tobi17 »

A football conundrum if you may call him that...he's easily the most vilified player probably in recent Nigerian football history (and not for wrong reasons), but then all he needs is a moment of sheer brilliance to make things happen for us like we saw in that beautiful assist today...what do we do with Moses Simon?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Moses Simon remains an enigma

Post by airwolex »

He is what he is. A baller, but with like all others, he has his off days. I would rate him on par with Ademola Lookman in this tourney so far. And before you start frothing, he has two motm performances.
Last edited by airwolex on Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

he is a gambler, simple and short.
When it works for him, it is like magic.
However, I prefer a Finidi over such players.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

he is a gambler, simple and short.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I can’t be convinced to like Moses Simon. For every right ball he plays, I’ve seen way way too much rubbish.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

He is not a gambler. He is a very good player, though not quite WC. Think about it, he is benching Chukwueze, a player with a higher profile. He always plays despite the carousel of coaches. That should tell you something.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

airwolex wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:18 pm He is not a gambler. He is a very good player, though not quite WC. Think about it, he is benching Chukwueze, a player with a higher profile. He always plays despite the carousel of coaches. That should tell you something.
the two players are useless but at least Moses can play w/ both legs.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Y'all need to stop it oh. Moses Simon is far from useless. You guys just need to appreciate that he is not Arjen Robben
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Pure baller. You can relax when he’s on the field. Makes things happen. He’s having a great Afcon.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

He did well today but still takes too many touches. Needs to make that final pass quicket.
sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

waka-man wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:35 pm Pure baller. You can relax when he’s on the field. Makes things happen. He’s having a great Afcon.
Waka-man captured it well. Moses Daddy is having a great Afcon - on offense as well as defensively. He has also cut out the sometimes excessive dribbling which one saw at times in some previous SE games....and when he first appeared on the scene some 10 yrs back as a young member of the U20 team.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

airwolex wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:18 pm He is not a gambler. He is a very good player, though not quite WC. Think about it, he is benching Chukwueze, a player with a higher profile. He always plays despite the carousel of coaches. That should tell you something.
That he is playing ahead of Chukwueze should not be a surprise at all. While he may not always be on song, Moses is far more consistent for Nigeria than Chukwueze is. Chukewueze's shooting alone is just horrendous.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

baller - how I wished that his mesmerising run ended up in the net
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

KPOM. This speaks volumes. I think he has matured and has cut out a ton of unnecessary dribbles into cul de sacs. It might be because he has been asked to play as a wing back role in the past few years. He has improved massively defensively and is also making better decisions in the final third.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

He played well today, great assist, perfectly weighted and accurate pass.

That is what he misses in at least 75% of the games he plays.

The fact he is benching Chuks doesn't mean a thing. Chuks is useless, and one legged.

Simon is still an average player until he plays those kind of balls with consistency.

He also had a beautiful cross for Osimehn.

Probably his best game for SE in a long time.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

ANC wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:14 pm he is a gambler, simple and short.
Conservatism over adventurism. Works sometimes but usually, you have to take risks to achieve favorable outcomes🤔❗️

Cheers.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I’ve always known what he’s capable of but it may be something that he’s dealing with in, once he finds himself he’ll be amazing.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI