Osimhen doubt for SA game (now available)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Osimhen doubt for SA game (now available)

Post by aruako1 »

Osimhen did not travel to Bouake and he is a doubt due to abdominal discomfort.

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Osimhen doubt for SA game

Post by aruako1 »

If Osimhen doesn't start I expect Onuachu to start given Peseiro's selections so far. Sigh!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

aruako1 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:09 am If Osimhen doesn't start I expect Onuachu to start given Peserio's selections so far. Sigh!
that would make zero sense with the current style of play.

But hey...he is the coach.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:13 am
aruako1 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:09 am If Osimhen doesn't start I expect Onuachu to start given Peserio's selections so far. Sigh!

:lol: Una dey lament? Didnt some people here celebrate when the quack doctor found a way to remove Umar, who had spent pre-AFCON prep with the team?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:26 am

:lol: Una dey lament? Didnt some people here celebrate when the quack doctor found a way to remove Umar, who had spent pre-AFCON prep with the team?
the one they did in Dubai?
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

overworked just as I said in the Angola game. Coach afraid to use the bench. Onuachu has not really been intergrated on game day that is....just brought in to 'kill the game'.

In fact there was one move that I thought Onauachu could have assisted a goal or even scored himself, but he ran straight to the flag. I know, I know...game management. But the point is, he has quite literally not come on in a traditional sense.

Lookman is a striker/winger/second striker. He can play any of those roles. So fortunately we can just shuffle him around.

I think the smart play would be to rely more on Lookman and just add someone else with chance creating ability. Maybe Iheanacho or Chukwueze. Iheanacho does not look like he is struggling for fitness anymore.

I don't know if Onuachu is a good idea against SA. Sounds iffy to me.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I don't think the selection indicates anything. Onuachu is probably just the best at holding up the ball. He was brought on ONLY to do that.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Tbite wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:43 am overworked just as I said in the Angola game. Coach afraid to use the bench. Onuachu has not really been intergrated on game day that is....just brought in to 'kill the game'.

In fact there was one move that I thought Onauachu could have assisted a goal or even scored himself, but he ran straight to the flag. I know, I know...game management. But the point is, he has quite literally not come on in a traditional sense.

Lookman is a striker/winger/second striker. He can play any of those roles. So fortunately we can just shuffle him around.

I think the smart play would be to rely more on Lookman and just add someone else with chance creating ability. Maybe Iheanacho or Chukwueze. Iheanacho does not look like he is struggling for fitness anymore.

I don't know if Onuachu is a good idea against SA. Sounds iffy to me.
well said.
:clap: :clap:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:31 am

The SE never went to Dubai for Pre-Afcon prep
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:09 am

Are you for real?
Honestly where did they go?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Tbite wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:58 am
I don't think the selection indicates anything. Onuachu is probably just the best at holding up the ball. He was brought on ONLY to do that.
Let us see.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:11 am
danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:09 am

Are you for real?
Honestly where did they go?
Sierra Leone
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

aruako1 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:09 am If Osimhen doesn't start I expect Onuachu to start given Peseiro's selections so far. Sigh!
I do not think so.

I would expect Moffi or Kele to start if Osimhen is not available. More likely, it will be Moffi rather than Kele but as mentioned already Onuachu was used for specific tactical reasons.

Why Moffi ahead of Kele? Thus far in Peseiro's tenure, Moffi has been used in that Osimhen position than Kele.

However, we really need Osimhen in this game because his presence alone is sure to create panic for South African defenders. I hope he gets well as soon as possible even if it means that he does not start on Wednesday.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Lineup with Vic.

Nwabali

Ajayi————-Troost—————-Bassey

Aina———-Onyeka———Iwobi——————Simon

Chuks —————————-Lookman

Moffi/ Onuachu
OCCUPY NFF!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I suspect it’ll be Nacho and that that would work quite well.
Nothing spoil.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

:evil: :twisted:
I expect Iheanacho to take up Osimhen position if Osimhen can't make it. I think Iheanacho is up to the task barring no injuries to him as well !! :thumbs:
===================================================================
Aaaaaggghhhh gaaaddammmnnn ittt !! Wherez my Heineken + pink wet bubble booty chics ? :mrgreen:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:26 am Lineup with Vic.

Nwabali

Ajayi————-Troost—————-Bassey

Aina———-Onyeka———Iwobi——————Simon

Chuks —————————-Lookman

Moffi/ Onuachu
I do not think Chuks will start except if Lookman goes top. LOL. Lookman up top will really be something to behold! I do not think so. Even Kele up top is pushing it. More likely Moffi or even Onuachu will be better than any of those two up top. Why have you pushed Simon ahead of Sanusi? Is that to make room for Samu by also moving Lookman? It won't happen, bet on it. There are better players to replace Sanysi if necessary including Bruno.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Can Kelz press like Osimehn? Does he have Osimhen's pace? Tracking etc?? Mehn pls give Osihmen some Pepto Bismol or Mylanta and he will be fine. I want to see us spell those xenophobes with goals. The cannot get off easy.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

I would lean towards Kele..big game player with pedigree. We would miss Vic’s pressing but Kele could connect nicely with Lookman, Iwobi etc . Maybe playing like a false 9
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

donadoni wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:58 am I would lean towards Kele..big game player with pedigree. We would miss Vic’s pressing but Kele could connect nicely with Lookman, Iwobi etc . Maybe playing like a false 9
Perhaps, Kele may work strictly as a False 9 and by far he is the most clinical in front of goal among all Nigerian players, bar none. However, his weaknesses are legion. Those should not be ignored.
sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

aruako1 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:08 am Osimhen did not travel to Bouake and he is a doubt due to abdominal discomfort.
Without Osimhen, SE chances drop significantly. He brings something non-tangible to the team - not measured by goals or statisics!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I'm sorry but if we need Osimehn to beat South Africa, then we are a pathetic team, and we deserve to go out.

We need to learn to win without Osimehn, he will not always be there.

He gets injured easily.

Start Moffi.

Bring on Nacho if goals are needed.

No shaking.
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

Una get eye self? Kele is too slow for this type of African Football going in Cote devoir.. Haba.. Can that man even fit hustle half of the way our boys deh hustle for ball? Make he siddon collect his money and medal if we win. If we have the midfield that will carry the ball to him standing in the Final 3rd. Then he is a wizard to finish...