Nigeria vs South Africa (1-1) Ekong, Mokoena 4-2 PK

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs South Africa (1-1) Ekong, Mokoena 4-2 PK

Post by fabio »

Mr. Piffington wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:38 pm Thank goodness. Those commentators were too biased and super annoying. They thought they were playing Cape Verde.
He said penalty was a lottery, after they lost.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs South Africa (1-1) Ekong, Mokoena ET

Post by danfo driver »

onovo wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:11 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:10 pm
Anyone seen Div 2 Kelechi who was crying to play since?
He will score the winning goal
YOU WERE FOOKING RIGHTTTTTTTT!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:39 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:37 pm EAGLES, DONT YOU EVER EVER EVER DO THIS TO ME AGAIN!!!!

BROS. NO BE ONLY YOU...

I'm just now getting back my breath. :rotf:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria vs South Africa (1-1) Ekong, Mokoena

Post by balo »

Congrats Nigeria.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Let’s go!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:37 pm EAGLES, DONT YOU EVER EVER EVER DO THIS TO ME AGAIN!!!!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:06 pm I actually fancy our chances if this goes to PKs
Scipio was right, as usual :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Bye bye South Africa, hold your heads up high, so proud of Mamelodi Sundowns. It was a draw, but the Eagles won the day. Now on to the final.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

I should celebrate but i feel a numbness like someone who just left jail.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

My heart was pounding out my chest throughout the game! Thank you JESUS!!!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

bushboy wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:39 pm Thank you Moffi. All hail the bushmen!!
Congrats bro! :thumbs:
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

soothsayer wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:39 pm I guess the coach called it right with the subs.
I would have left Iwobi on. Iwobi at least males mistakes when he loses concentration..
Yusuf is just entirely inexperienced.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Well done to the players…

Coach has no clue….

Kelechi showed up, Moffi should up,

Yusuf ain’t playing final unless it is 10-1
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

felarey wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:42 pm Bye bye South Africa, hold your heads up high, so proud of Mamelodi Sundowns. It was a draw, but the Eagles won the day. Now on to the final.
I was really impressed. Didnt know they could play so well
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

soothsayer wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:40 pm I guess the coach called it right with the subs.
A tad bit too late, especially for Osimhen. While its easy to say from the sidelines, he has to be able to trust others on his squad. Osimhen just stopped pressing their defensive line as early as the 63'rd min when our subs came on.

Chei i can relax and watch Congo whup up on CIV.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Yusuf will eventually become a good player but he needs caps.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

tolahs wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:42 pm I should celebrate but i feel a numbness like someone who just left jail.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

tolahs wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:42 pm I should celebrate but i feel a numbness like someone who just left jail.
You ave obviously never been to jail

Wha choo looking at?!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:42 pm
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Odas wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:53 pm
ohsee wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:51 pm If this goes to penalties, we will lose. Very frustrating going from apparently being 2:0 up to almost losing the game.
I am so scared, to be honest. I need to get out here. My heart is beating too fast at moment
I wuz wrong! :biggrin: And I am very happy to be wrong. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: When did we learn how to take penarity like dis? :thumbs:
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Coach wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:34 pm 1 more miss. Please. Oh lawd, 50/1. Come on!!!!!
Accumulators are tough.

I have Nigeria in futures to win the whole thing.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

If Fofana gets a red card in their game...we have won the tournament.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs South Africa (2-0) Ekong, Osimhen

danfo driver wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:36 pm It is a penn and we deserve it!! Lookman had a chance to score and he didnt! We then had another chance and Victor and Lookman were twerking, walking back in an offside position, and then south africa attacked and thats how the penalty happend!!!

I warned about the fact that our players are irresponsible! FOoking irresponsible, but no one listened to me! WELLL here you have it! shebi you can see
:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!