Nigeria vs South Africa (1-1) Ekong, Mokoena 4-2 PK

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Nigeria vs South Africa (1-1) Ekong, Mokoena 4-2 PK

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:37 pm, edited 10 times in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs South Africa: 11AM CT, 6PM Nigerian time

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Abeg, not to change the topic but where is Mabululu? :woot:
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:41 pm Abeg, not to change the topic but where is Mabululu? :woot:
He is teaching Osimhen how to finish :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:03 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:41 pm Abeg, not to change the topic but where is Mabululu? :woot:

Where? Univ of Serengeti?
:laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:12 am

Ask Vansilly Eagles :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

I won’t be surprised if we used the 4-3-3 for this game.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:12 am

I won’t lie Mabululu scared me a little bit. Them boys with dreads in the African continent were known as ballers back in the days. The likes of Sam Okwaraji(rip) and Cyrille Makanaky & co.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Zaidu out
Osayi Samuel in
Otherwise the libe up is same
OCCUPY NFF!!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Owngoal reporting Pesseiro will stick with the 3-4-3. Zaidu injured. Aina to play left back.

Starting XI :
Stanley Nwabali
Ola Aina
Bright Osayi-Samuel
Semi Ajayi
William Troost-Ekong
Calvin Bassey
Alex Iwobi
Frank Onyeka
Ademola Lookman
Moses Simon
Victor Osimhen
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Synopsis wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:10 pm Owngoal reporting Pesseiro will stick with the 3-4-3. Zaidu injured. Aina to play left back.

Starting XI :
Stanley Nwabali
Ola Aina
Bright Osayi-Samuel
Semi Ajayi
William Troost-Ekong
Calvin Bassey
Alex Iwobi
Frank Onyeka
Ademola Lookman
Moses Simon
Victor Osimhen
I don’t like what Osai looked like in the last game he played. Why can’t Peseinro play Bruno? Aina is much better on the right.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

Agree with the post on Oseyi. The guy was horrible in the game against CIV I think. Every decision he made was unbelievably poor. I would stick Bassey at Left back and bring in Omeruo at center-back - the same line-up that finished the Cameroon match minus Onuachu.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I think Oseyi decision hints at Paseiro wanting more attacking options. Omer up in the back three means only Ajayi is confident stepping out and that makes the system much less dynamic.

But it’s a big call. Oseyi was poor against CIV. An afcon semi final is a heck of an arena to redeem yourself.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Lolly wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:16 pm
Synopsis wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:10 pm Owngoal reporting Pesseiro will stick with the 3-4-3. Zaidu injured. Aina to play left back.

Starting XI :
Stanley Nwabali
Ola Aina
Bright Osayi-Samuel
Semi Ajayi
William Troost-Ekong
Calvin Bassey
Alex Iwobi
Frank Onyeka
Ademola Lookman
Moses Simon
Victor Osimhen
I don’t like what Osai looked like in the last game he played. Why can’t Peseinro play Bruno? Aina is much better on the right.
Yeah, against Guinea-Bissau, Aina was a non-factor at LB and Osai looked lost. Hope things will be different today.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Goalgetter wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:27 pm Agree with the post on Oseyi. The guy was horrible in the game against CIV I think. Every decision he made was unbelievably poor. I would stick Bassey at Left back and bring in Omeruo at center-back - the same line-up that finished the Cameroon match minus Onuachu.
There’s no LB in 343, only a LWB. Bassey would not last 30 mins as a LWB.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Osayi should be fine. His major issue last time out was positioning. Peseiro wants his wingbacks to close up the spaces whenever the opponents get the ball, even if it is close to the halfway line. For some reason, Bright just would not do this and it drove him mental. He would hold his position and that unbalanced the team and made it difficult for his team-mates.

Hopefully this time around he has the memo. Apart from that he is a good player. I look for him to have a great game today.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Goalgetter wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:27 pm Agree with the post on Oseyi. The guy was horrible in the game against CIV I think. Every decision he made was unbelievably poor. I would stick Bassey at Left back and bring in Omeruo at center-back - the same line-up that finished the Cameroon match minus Onuachu.
He didnt play against CIV and the whole team was below average against Guinea Bissau.

We have all seen Bright Osayi play for Nigeria and many people were already writing off Aina, because of Bright's fantastic performances. I am not worried about him.

My issues about this is two things:

1. Aina has been head-and-shoulders the best RB in the tournament. Why would you even contemplate moving him to LB. The only time he played LB in this tournament, he was below average. So, why would you self-sabotage? But that is the Nigerian way.

2. if Bruno cannot step in, what is he doing on the team? Why invite a player you do not trust? Or is he another injured player that was taking for the ride?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Question would be can Bassey go up and down for 90 mins..I think Bassey will end up there at some point during the match with Osayi being subbed and Aina moving back to the right…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:50 pm
He didnt play against CIV and the whole team was below average against Guinea Bissau.

We have all seen Bright Osayi play for Nigeria and many people were already writing off Aina, because of Bright's fantastic performances. I am not worried about him.

1. Aina has been head-and-shoulders the best RB in the tournament. Why would you even contemplate moving him to LB. The only time he played LB in this tournament, he was below average. So, why would you self-sabotage? But that is the Nigerian way.

2. if Bruno cannot step in, what is he doing on the team? Why invite a player you do not trust? Or is he another injured player that was taking for the ride?
I remember him - He squandered a counter against CIV.. held on to the ball instead of releasing the ball for a free Osimhen. He almost drove Perseiro crazy during his time on the pitch.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Goalgetter wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:56 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:50 pm

I remember him - He squandered a counter against CIV.. held on to the ball instead of releasing the ball for a free Osimhen. He almost drove Perseiro crazy during his time on the pitch.
Thats true, he did come in as a sub.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Synopsis wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:10 pm I won’t be surprised if we used the 4-3-3 for this game.
I would.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

metalalloy wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:05 pm
Synopsis wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:10 pm I won’t be surprised if we used the 4-3-3 for this game.
I would.
We actually play a 3421 on the attack and a 541 defending.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Nigeria vs South Africa (0-0)

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs South Africa (0-0)

Post by jungle-jawara »

Is it just me, or is it a coincidence that that last you times we were champions, we had none playing captains?
1994- Keshi
2013- Yobo