The story on Peseiro v Kele.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
The story on Peseiro v Kele.....

Post by Enugu II »

As I noted earlier, some of the stories are breaking.....
SPORTAFCON: Kelechi Iheanacho clashes with Peseiro ahead of Nigeria vs South Africa match
Published on February 7, 2024By Ifreke Inyang
https://dailypost.ng/2024/02/07/afcon-k ... ica-match/
Super Eagles forward Kelechi Iheanacho was absent from the pre-match press conference ahead of the Africa Cup of Nations semi-final against South Africa, as his rift with head coach Jose Peseiro continues.

Iheanacho is yet to play a single minute at the ongoing tournament in Ivory Coast.

Peseiro had claimed that the Leicester City man’s lack of playing time was due to recovery from injury.

However, the likes of Iheanacho, Terem Moffi, Ahmed Musa, Bruno Onyemaechi, etc have not featured at all.

CAF had announced that Iheanacho would appear alongside Peseiro for the press conference ahead of the clash against Bafana Bafana. But the player was nowhere to be found. Instead, Ola Aina showed up to answer questions.

Soccernet reports that Iheanacho’s absence from the presser stems from his dissatisfaction with his limited playing time during the tournament, despite initially being scheduled to attend alongside coach Peseiro.

There are speculations that Peseiro is struggling to integrate Iheanacho into his preferred 3-4-3 system, preferring to introduce defensive substitutes rather than attacking ones during games.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The story on Peseiro v Kele.....

Post by danfo driver »

:lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:10 pm As I noted earlier, some of the stories are breaking.....
SPORTAFCON: Kelechi Iheanacho clashes with Peseiro ahead of Nigeria vs South Africa match
Published on February 7, 2024By Ifreke Inyang
https://dailypost.ng/2024/02/07/afcon-k ... ica-match/
Super Eagles forward Kelechi Iheanacho was absent from the pre-match press conference ahead of the Africa Cup of Nations semi-final against South Africa, as his rift with head coach Jose Peseiro continues.

Iheanacho is yet to play a single minute at the ongoing tournament in Ivory Coast.

Peseiro had claimed that the Leicester City man’s lack of playing time was due to recovery from injury.

However, the likes of Iheanacho, Terem Moffi, Ahmed Musa, Bruno Onyemaechi, etc have not featured at all.

CAF had announced that Iheanacho would appear alongside Peseiro for the press conference ahead of the clash against Bafana Bafana. But the player was nowhere to be found. Instead, Ola Aina showed up to answer questions.

Soccernet reports that Iheanacho’s absence from the presser stems from his dissatisfaction with his limited playing time during the tournament, despite initially being scheduled to attend alongside coach Peseiro.

There are speculations that Peseiro is struggling to integrate Iheanacho into his preferred 3-4-3 system, preferring to introduce defensive substitutes rather than attacking ones during games.
Sounds fabricated as usual.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

There is only speculation in this report, this is JJ as BP said…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:29 pm There is only speculation in this report, this is JJ as BP said…
The question is, why did Iheanacho disappear from the Conference room/table?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Odas wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:34 pm
maceo4 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:29 pm There is only speculation in this report, this is JJ as BP said…
Yeap and this journo has no clue neither do we, but the CAF rep answered the question during the interview that ‘this is normal and this happens all the time’
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:37 pm
Yeap and this journo has no clue neither do we, but the CAF rep answered the question during the interview that ‘this is normal and this happens all the time’
Hmm, ok-oooooooo!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I do not feel the journalist has the core of the story but clearly he/she has heard from some persons who did not want their names publicly mentioned. These are more likely persons very close to the team. However, even these persons will eventually be exposed with names down the road. In my view, there is a high probability that there is an issue in the camp. But should we be concerned in terms of the team? I think not, given that the Manager has ultimate powers to make a decision. As for Kele, if he is not concerned about playing time then he is just not human. He should be and that fire should be present in all good players as long as it is not disruptive. For me, ultimately, I want to know whether the fact that he is not playing has led to disruptive behavior or not. On that, a concern will arise. Journalists should and will dig a bit more into this. That is for sure.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I do not feel the journalist has the core of the story but clearly he/she has heard from some persons who did not want their names publicly mentioned. These are more likely persons very close to the team. However, even these persons will eventually be exposed with names down the road. In my view, there is a high probability that there is an issue in the camp. But should we be concerned in terms of the team? I think not, given that the Manager has ultimate powers to make a decision. As for Kele, if he is not concerned about playing time then he is just not human. He should be and that fire should be present in all good players as long as it is not disruptive. For me, ultimately, I want to know whether the fact that he is not playing has led to disruptive behavior or not. On that, a concern will arise. Journalists should and will dig a bit more into this. That is for sure.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:46 pm
I haven’t heard of any disruptive behavior, but this is his post today, not sure if you can read anything into it…seems an odd one…

‘No 14 na general market’

https://www.instagram.com/stories/kelec ... BiNWFlZA==
Super Eagus 4 Life!
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

No coach will change a winning team and formula at this point. If we are leading by 2 goals maybe he'll rest of one the strikers.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

No coach will change a winning team and formula at this point. If we are leading by 2 goals maybe he'll rest of one the strikers.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

mastermind wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:51 pm No coach will change a winning team and formula at this point. If we are leading by 2 goals maybe he'll rest of one the strikers.
… but a good coach will make changes when things aren’t going according to plan. They haven’t thus far so I hope Peseiro will be bold enough to make the appropriate changes🤔❗️

Cheers.
sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

I wonder about some of these stories. Half the time, the journalist decides on the angle before writing the content and then looks for bits and pieces to satisfy the angle they are trying to promote. If Iheanacho was so much out of favour, he would not have come on as a sub with almost 30mins left to play in a crucial tied game.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

sarkin doya wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:47 pm I wonder about some of these stories. Half the time, the journalist decides on the angle before writing the content and then looks for bits and pieces to satisfy the angle they are trying to promote. If Iheanacho was so much out of favour, he would not have come on as a sub with almost 30mins left to play in a crucial tied game.

Sarkin,

Kele precisely entered the game because pks were anticipated. As a coach will keep him out based on a squabble even if he is one of your best at taking pk? Note that he entered only in the extra time and two other pk takers entered during the same period. None of them played during the regulation.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

sarkin doya wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:47 pm I wonder about some of these stories. Half the time, the journalist decides on the angle before writing the content and then looks for bits and pieces to satisfy the angle they are trying to promote. If Iheanacho was so much out of favour, he would not have come on as a sub with almost 30mins left to play in a crucial tied game.

Sarkin,

Kele precisely entered the game because pks were anticipated. As a coach will keep him out based on a squabble even if he is one of your best at taking pk? Note that he entered only in the extra time and two other pk takers entered during the same period. None of them played during the regulation -- Kele, Moffi, and Omeruo.
EagleEye
Egg
Egg

Post by EagleEye »

1. PENALTY
2. DRUG TEST
These are the reasons. Nothing more!!!
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

so Kelechi cannot even get into Leceister FA cup team ?? Wahala dey o
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:21 pm so Kelechi cannot even get into Leceister FA cup team ?? Wahala dey o
most starting today aren't their regulars fyi
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:35 pm
Siddonlook11 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:21 pm so Kelechi cannot even get into Leceister FA cup team ?? Wahala dey o

My point exactly he has not started any regular game sinc ehe got back from Afcon and is now not starting a game with fringe players note he has been on the bench in all games since he returned including today. Daka returned on the other hand and started the next game after he returned.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:45 pm

My point exactly he has not started any regular game sinc ehe got back from Afcon and is now not starting a game with fringe players note he has been on the bench in all games since he returned including today. Daka returned on the other hand and started the next game after he returned.
You are aware his contract along with Wilf expires end of June ? Abi you are making up stuff saying he cannot get mins after coming back from AFCON. come with something better
SuperEagles

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:45 pm

Maybe you haven’t been paying attention but he’s not been fully fit since his injury in December hence why he hasn’t started a single game since then
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

and Kele gets an assist
SuperEagles