How did Equatorial Guinea beat CIV 4-0!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
How did Equatorial Guinea beat CIV 4-0!

Post by Undertaker »

We need the same game plan! They are still the same team!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: How did Equatorial Guinea beat CIV 4-0!

Post by Robbynice »

Equatorial Guinea was lucky to have won that game. That scoreline wasn't a true reflection of how that game played out.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Undertaker wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:32 pm

We defeated them, so why should we use the same game plan that another team used? Especially when (1) CIV dominated the other team and should have beaten the living day lights out of them, if they werent missing chances; and (2) CIV's coach and tactics have changed since then.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:41 pm

We defeated them, so why should we use the same game plan that another team used? Especially when (1) CIV dominated the other team and should have beaten the living daylights out of them, if they weren't missing chances; and (2) CIV's coach and tactics have changed since then.

Dude, we won 1-0 via a PK? EG beat them 4-0! They exposed them that their Coach resigned and left the country that same night!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Undertaker wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:58 pm

We defeated them, so why should we use the same game plan that another team used? Especially when (1) CIV dominated the other team and should have beaten the living daylights out of them, if they weren't missing chances; and (2) CIV's coach and tactics have changed since then.

Dude, we won 1-0 via a PK? EG beat them 4-0! They exposed them that their Coach resigned and left the country that same night!
That's why football is a strange game and remains the best sport ever played, anyone seeing that scoreline would have thought, "wow what an absolute walkover for EQ"...but then you watch the game and wondered how CIV didn't win that by 5 goals based on the sheer volume of chances they created...even the xG numbers looked funny.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...discontent, in-fighting within the team that we on the outside did not know.
Probably was resolved after the oyinbo coach left.
Knowing Africans, may be the country president stepped in too.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

IVORY COAST IS TRULY THE PHOENIX

They have risen after being left for dead. Even by the players themselves. Not to mention their fans and the rest of the world.
Bell
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

They are not a good team, but a collection of great players. They have chopped and changed and experimented all tourney. They are extremely lucky they have had the personnel to weather the storm.

Bottomline, they have only looked good in the first and last games.

I believe we have a good chance against them.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Btw they are not the same team. The personnel have changed some. Gradel, Haller, Seri, Singo and Kessie have come in.

They are definitely better but I feel we can exploit some of the older guys. I hope they play Aurier as well.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dude, after their coach resigned and left the country the same night, did he leave his tactics book with the new coach? or nah?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:55 pm

Dude, after their coach resigned and left the country the same night, did he leave his tactics book with the new coach? or nah?
Dude, their new Coach is a former player. He won the Under 17 World Cup playing for France against Nigeria. I don't see him as the reason they finally put it together.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

That game was a freak of nature. It wasn't necessarily anything they did.

They could do the exact same thing and play them again 20 times and that result would not once be close to happening.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Not so, bros. Different circumstances, different game. You forget that in that game, the Ivoreins had to throw away caution after conceding the first goal. They not only needed to equalize but also to win. They achieved neither but it was the desperation that followed which defines the eventual scoreline.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

airwolex wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:50 pm Btw they are not the same team. The personnel have changed some. Gradel, Haller, Seri, Singo and Kessie have come in.

They are definitely better but I feel we can exploit some of the older guys. I hope they play Aurier as well.
Aurier is now a wastepipe. Singo is much better. Yes for our sake I hope they play Aurier.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:35 am
airwolex wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:50 pm Btw they are not the same team. The personnel have changed some. Gradel, Haller, Seri, Singo and Kessie have come in.

Aurier is now a wastepipe. Singo is much better. Yes for our sake I hope they play Aurier.
He is a waste pipe but he puts in good crosses. Haller can do damage with those crosses if left unmarked.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Undertaker wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:19 am
danfo driver wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:55 pm

Dude, their new Coach is a former player. He won the Under 17 World Cup playing for France against Nigeria. I don't see him as the reason they finally put it together.
the point flew right over your head, as expected. :lol: :lol: Anyone who has watched Ivory coast knows that their tactics and personnel has changed since the new coach came in.

Please learn to watch games. Thats the least we can ask of you. :oops: :oops:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

People also forget that when we played them, we had never played the 343. However, since then, we have played the 343 five times.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:20 am People also forget that when we played them, we had never played the 343. However, since then, we have played the 343 five times.
Mumu it was 3-5-2! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Undertaker wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:37 am
danfo driver wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:20 am People also forget that when we played them, we had never played the 343. However, since then, we have played the 343 five times.
Mumu it was 3-5-2! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: comedy! Even when this thing watches a game, he cant even analyze it. :lol:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

packerland wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:57 am
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:35 am

He is a waste pipe but he puts in good crosses. Haller can do damage with those crosses if left unmarked.
So can Singo, and he is much more effective overall. I know the coach will be tempted to play Aurier for his leadership and experience which makes things a little bit easier for us. Gradel and Seri are still good players, but if he plays them along with Aurier it will most likely backfire (hopefully anyway).

As for crosses, we will need to stop as much as we can because Haller is awesome in the air. He is like Osimhen, seems to get his head on more than his fair share.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

I fear Ivory Coast oh. The football gods are smiling on them. They should not be here. But here they are.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:33 am

Not so, bros. Different circumstances, different game. You forget that in that game, the Ivoreins had to throw away caution after conceding the first goal. They not only needed to equalize but also to win. They achieved neither but it was the desperation that followed which defines the eventual scoreline.
,,, and that's exactly what happened. Once CIV conceded, all cautions were off and they went for it. In the process, they dug more holes for themselves and they were crushed by their opponent
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Odas wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:06 am
Enugu II wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:33 am

,,, and that's exactly what happened. Once CIV conceded, all cautions were off and they went for it. In the process, they dug more holes for themselves and they were crushed by their opponent
...and that exactly could be our answer on Sunday, Score first!