If We Win AFCON, Who Lifts Cup?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
If We Win AFCON, Who Lifts Cup?

Post by anointed »

Ekong or Musa?

I've met Musa before, he's really a nice guy but, for me, it has to be Ekong for all the hard work and leadership on the field. He appears to have become the face of the team. In fact, I have a feeling, Musa will support Ekong to lift the trophy.

It doesn't bode well for Musa who hasn't played a single minute to lift a trophy he hasn't really put in an on-pitch effort for. This is why I think, on the alternative, if we are leading with just a minute left in added time, Musa should be subbed into the game so it can make sense for him to lift the cup.

Dat one go vex some peeps here sha but just playing out possible scenarios in my head.

Most important thing though is for the team to win the cup. Those Ivoriens are far better and more motivated than the ones we met first round
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: If We Win AFCON, Who Lifts Cup?

Post by Tobi17 »

Of course it has to be EKONG, why the heck should this even be a subject of discussion? Common now!!!
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

You have been on the site for 19 years and still asking stupid questions smh
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Keshi - 1994
Yobo - 2013
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Lolly wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:56 am Keshi - 1994
Yobo - 2013
But Ekong is dreaming of lifting the cup sha and I have a feeling those NFF buffs think differently

https://boldsportsng.com/troost-ekong-d ... h-nigeria/
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

anointed wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:04 am
Yobo - 2013
But Ekong is dreaming of lifting the cup sha and I have a feeling those NFF buffs think differently

It is what it is. If we win, Musa would be the one to lift the cup. He will be brought on in the 89th minute for that single purpose. Similar to what Keshi did with Yobo.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Lolly wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:09 am
Yobo - 2013

It is what it is. If we win, Musa would be the one to lift the cup. He will be brought on in the 89th minute for that single purpose. Similar to what Keshi did with Yobo.
From another point of view, if that's what we need to lift afcon, let's there be non playing captains in all afcons
Last edited by anointed on Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Who will or who should?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Some of you are funny, using sentiments.

Those clubs you support, no be the club captain they lift Cup?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Ekong won't mind a jot. Musa will lift it. That is the Nigerian way
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Lolly wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:09 am
Yobo - 2013

Yobo played the opening game against Burkina fasso and made substitute appearances, Keshi also played a few games in 94. Musa on the other hand, has contributed nothing, so it’s a different case.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

It strikes me as wrong if Ekong doesn’t lift the cup. Unlike Keshi and Yobo, Musa hasn’t played a single minute.

But I guess a captain is a captain and Musa is still the captain
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Gboye7777
Egg
Egg

Post by Gboye7777 »

Shouldn't we just focus on winning? Who cares who lifts the cup? What if there is no cup to lift?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

deanotito wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:53 am It strikes me as wrong if Ekong doesn’t lift the cup. Unlike Keshi and Yobo, Musa hasn’t played a single minute.

But I guess a captain is a captain and Musa is still the captain
Keshi did not play in the final in 94 but was called up to come and lift the cup thereby denying Eguavoen the chance. Nothing spoil.

Musa would get a few minutes on Sunday if we are ahead with a few minutes to go.

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Gboye7777 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:57 am Shouldn't we just focus on winning? Who cares who lifts the cup? What if there is no cup to lift?
:lol:

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Abegi, make de team FIRST win the Cup.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I feel like I watched a tournament where two players lifted the cup. Maybe it’s in my head 🤔
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

..some people are putting the cart before the horse by making plans on how to chop before we are even certain that the trophy will be ours.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

mcal wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:51 pm ..some people are putting the cart before the horse by making plans on how to chop before we are even certain that the trophy will be ours.
That's why we are Nigerians and a lot of neutrals are against us. The mouth ehn, as if we are playing Sao Tome or something :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Penarity
Egg
Egg

Post by Penarity »

Gboye7777 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:57 am Shouldn't we just focus on winning? Who cares who lifts the cup? What if there is no cup to lift?
Honesty, the frequency with which these threads are coming up makes me feel very nervous about the final. Folks on this forum always do this. Why?
There is nothing to learn from someone who already agrees with you.
Penarity
Egg
Egg

Post by Penarity »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:35 pm Abegi, make de team FIRST win the Cup.
Thank you, Enugu. Admins are not doing their jobs here, walahi.
Penarity
Egg
Egg

Post by Penarity »

mcal wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:51 pm ..some people are putting the cart before the horse by making plans on how to chop before we are even certain that the trophy will be ours.
I don't like the feeling whenever this happens. We went into the tourney with almost zero expectations from most folks on this forum. All of a sudden, they are opening threads all over the place as if the competition was over.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Penarity wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:09 pm
Enugu II wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:35 pm Abegi, make de team FIRST win the Cup.
Thank you, Enugu. Admins are not doing their jobs here, walahi.
You've been appreciating a lot of men here in this comeback of yours.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...