Where do we rank Peseiro IF he wins the AFCON

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Where do we rank Peseiro IF he wins the AFCON

Post by Tobi17 »

Among our list of most successful coaches so far?
Enyi
Egg
Egg
Re: Where do we rank Peseiro IF he wins the AFCON

Post by Enyi »

Successful - Yes

Lucky - Yes

Not good enough for anything else…..

Btw…let’s wait till he wins CIV is on fire, let’s not think it’s a foregone conclusion. Almost got beat by SA…
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Enyi wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:52 am Successful - Yes

Lucky - Yes

Btw…let’s wait till he wins CIV is on fire, let’s not think it’s a foregone conclusion. Almost got beat by SA…
Only team that has remained UNBEATEN em route to the final

Only team that has Only conceded one goal from OPEN PLAY

lucky? well every deserving champion also needs an element of luck. Not a fan of Peseiro but his AFCON record can't be undermined especially if we win the AFCON this Sunday.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Above Rohr for sure that kept CE a shadow of its self for 8 yrs. He is not bad but the team is not solid yet but has been lucky. He still does not know the players well as he should.
Elexus
Egg
Egg

Post by Elexus »

Rohr did well, qualified Nigeria for the World Cup 2018 in a tough group involving Cameroon, Algeria and Zambia with one game to spare.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Would rank him high. Very high

I’ll say again. Not since Atlanta 96 have I seen games with 6-7 candidates for man of the match. He’s been able to turn on something in these players, and I have to give it to him
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

He has added defensive solidity to the team. We must now build on it and also get our attack to click. We cannot sit back during the World Cup qualifiers
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Elexus wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:55 am Rohr did well, qualified Nigeria for the World Cup 2018 in a tough group involving Cameroon, Algeria and Zambia with one game to spare.
If this was Rohr, Uzoho will be in goal, Ighalo will be starting instead of Osimhen, and the team will be there to learn because the CIV players play in better leagues.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:48 am

Lucky - Yes

lucky? well every deserving champion also needs an element of luck. Not a fan of Peseiro but his AFCON record can't be undermined especially if we win the AFCON this Sunday.
I can see you don’t consider penalty a goal :taunt:
Penarity
Egg
Egg

Post by Penarity »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:48 am

Lucky - Yes

Kpom!
There is nothing to learn from someone who already agrees with you.
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

Coming into AFCON, I had my concerns about the coach based on the less than stellar results. However, I cannot quarrel with the success we have seen so far. He was able to organizes a very disciplined defensive line that has kept us in games and got us to the final and, hopefully, win AFCON. He brought Nwabali along and that has been a spectacular success. We should not underestimate the impact that this new defensive mindset will have on our playing style going forward. The missing piece and weak link for Nigeria has always been a suspect defense especially when we are struggling to score. This new defensive mindset will surely trickle down to the the youth and the local league in ways that will benefit Nigeria. We may have just stumbled on the right formula to get us far in all competitions.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Naija fan wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:38 pm Coming into AFCON, I had my concerns about the coach based on the less than stellar results. However, I cannot quarrel with the success we have seen so far. He was able to organizes a very disciplined defensive line that has kept us in games and got us to the final and, hopefully, win AFCON. He brought Nwabali along and that has been a spectacular success. We should not underestimate the impact that this new defensive mindset will have on our playing style going forward. The missing piece and weak link for Nigeria has always been a suspect defense especially when we are struggling to score. This new defensive mindset will surely trickle down to the the youth and the local league in ways that will benefit Nigeria. We may have just stumbled on the right formula to get us far in all competitions.
This man really hit the nail on the head. Well said!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oscar52 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:38 pm
Elexus wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:55 am Rohr did well, qualified Nigeria for the World Cup 2018 in a tough group involving Cameroon, Algeria and Zambia with one game to spare.
If this was Rohr, Uzoho will be in goal, Ighalo will be starting instead of Osimhen, and the team will be there to learn because the CIV players play in better leagues.
Oh please.
Maybe you should check how many new players Rohr brought into the fold.
Why not move on?
It’s a new dawn we are witnessing here…
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Agree, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oscar52 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:33 am Above Rohr for sure that kept CE a shadow of its self for 8 yrs. He is not bad but the team is not solid yet but has been lucky. He still does not know the players well as he should.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The man almost ended cybereagles. he sucked out the joy and devotion fans have for the Eagles. At one point, nah only 4 people dey post. :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

And Emir Kongi will be twerking with 1 yansh defending **** :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

IF he wins.

Greatest SE coach ever.

That's not really debatable.

This 2023 afcon is far tougher to win than both 2013 and 1994. Not even close.
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Same level as keshi and westeroff. He modernized out football and introduced new formations.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Second best ever.

1. Keshi
2. Peseiro
3. Westerhof
4. Amodu.

He will be second because he would have won it in shorter time than Westerhof.

To me , the best SE coach ever is Amodu, but he didn't win AFCON
Last edited by 1naija on Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Keshi and Westerhoff won AFCON and got to 2nd round of WC. For now, he’d be behind them if he wins, but only just.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Damunk wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:43 pm
Oh please.
Why not move on?
I don’t want to diss Peseiro but he stuck with Uzoho longer than he should. Rohr and Peseiro have their similarities and differences. For one, they both are allergic to substitutions. Peseiro communicates a winning mentality while Rohr doesn’t (I’m basing it on what he says to the media). Rohr played his regulars but he brought a lot of players to the team while Peseiro will make 1 or 2 additions.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

packerland wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:09 pm
Damunk wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:43 pm
Oh please.
Why not move on?
I don’t want to diss Peseiro but he stuck with Uzoho longer than he should. Rohr and Peseiro have their similarities and differences. For one, they both are allergic to substitutions. Peseiro communicates a winning mentality while Rohr doesn’t (I’m basing it on what he says to the media). Rohr played his regulars but he brought a lot of players to the team while Peseiro will make 1 or 2 additions.
Peseiro lucked out in the formation….

Somehow got away with only inviting 25players - that could have cost us

Stumbled upon Nwabali (that alone pushes him down the pecking order.

Rohr did his scouting - didn’t like the likes of Akpeyi and co and got okoye….Peseiro waited until our WC chances is on the verge before moving his butt….

Roberto de Matteo won the CL - that does not make him one of the best managers ever

So if the CIV Coach wins…..will he be eligible to replace Peseiro 🤷🏽‍♀️

This guys past actions shows that he isn’t that great and CANNOT be ranked above….

Amodu
Keshi
Westerhof
Bonfrere - for the history making Olympic Gold

Then Peseiro….if he wins
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

waka-man wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:22 am Keshi and Westerhoff won AFCON and got to 2nd round of WC. For now, he’d be behind them if he wins, but only just.
I'd put Otto Gloria ahead of him. My ranking if we win:

1. Westerhoff
2. Keshi
3. Otto Gloria
4. Peseiro
5. Bonfrere
6. Amodu
7. Onigbinde
8. Manfred Höner
9. Rohr
10. Eguavoen
11. Chukwu