Nigeria vs CIV (1-2) Ekong , Kessie, Haller FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs CIV (1-0) Ekong HT

Post by ohsee »

I know this makes me old, but we are playing the way the Rangers of the Christian Chukwu-Emeka Okala era used to play. I hope we win like they used to despite being outplayed.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

mapet wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:46 pm 1. Chukwueze is yet to get into this game putting pressure on Aina and Iwobi to work deeper.
2. We need to get the balls to Lookman and Chukwueze, not lob to Osimeh. Osimeh will commit lots of fouls on tussling with defenders...but it's also a chance we should take to make the ivorian defenders be under constant pressure and cave in subsequenbtly
3. Zanusi needs to calm down...
4. Lookman needs to work more...
Simon Moses, needs to replace Chukwueze.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:44 pm Nigeria is leading. Got to play the best football in the 2nd half. Bring in Iheanacho, and Simon in the 70th minutes. Subs will be important.
Iheanacho for who? And to do what?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Simon and Iheanacho in

Chukwuze and Lookman out.

If we are leading and need to see out the game bring in Omeruo and Yusuf for Iwobi and Osimhen.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I just filed a complaint to Fifa.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Going for a red card. Aurier is the obvious bet, heart says Serge, head says follow the heart. Mouthwatering odds on Fofana, all in, that’s a bargain.

8 corners and two goals in the last 12 minutes of regulation. Accumulator.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I think he's been their most dangerous player so far. Aina may need some cover to keep him under wraps.
metalalloy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:46 pm This Andingra is pretty good. That battle vs AIna is a good one.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

metalalloy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:48 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:44 pm Nigeria is leading. Got to play the best football in the 2nd half. Bring in Iheanacho, and Simon in the 70th minutes. Subs will be important.
Iheanacho for who? And to do what?
:rotf:
twerk?
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

ohsee wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:47 pm I know this makes me old, but we are playing the way the Rangers of the Christian Chukwu-Emeka Okala era used to play. I hope we win like they used to despite being outplayed.
Dede my parents were still in cloth diapers when this was happening. :taunt:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

fabio wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:48 pm
mapet wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:46 pm 1. Chukwueze is yet to get into this game putting pressure on Aina and Iwobi to work deeper.
2. We need to get the balls to Lookman and Chukwueze, not lob to Osimeh. Osimeh will commit lots of fouls on tussling with defenders...but it's also a chance we should take to make the ivorian defenders be under constant pressure and cave in subsequenbtly
3. Zanusi needs to calm down...
4. Lookman needs to work more...
Simon Moses, needs to replace Chukwueze.
From what I have seen of Chukwueze .. definitely.
Shadams
Egg
Egg

Post by Shadams »

soothsayer wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:46 pm
Shadams wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:44 pm We have been as poor as the referee in the game so far. Hope they turn things around.
Ivory coast forwards have been poor.
A better team would have punished us on the right wing by now.
Indeed, and a lot is coming from the wings, especially Aina's; plus our midfield duo of Onyeka and Iwobi are consistently overrun.
Comment is free, but facts are sacred-- C.P Scott
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

Come on Super Eagles stick to the game plan. Soak up on defense and take your shots on goal
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

ohsee wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:47 pm I know this makes me old, but we are playing the way the Rangers of the Christian Chukwu-Emeka Okala era used to play. I hope we win like they used to despite being outplayed.
Unc which kind black and white tv era games you watch :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Iwobi 12/1. Hmm?
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

metalalloy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:46 pm This Andingra is pretty good. That battle vs AIna is a good one.
You mean you have not seen him skewer defences for Brighton?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Guys, we're 45mins from winning Afcon. :atc: :shock:
OCCUPY NFF!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Stadium is oddly quiet. Sense of de ja vu creeping into the orange minds. There a real awe of Nigeria and Ekong has just freaked them out.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Tbite wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:49 pm I just filed a complaint to Fifa.
:D
was your complaint what the FIFA president and wenger reading during the game?
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

There is no way on earth that Simon should not come on. No possible way.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

ANC wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:51 pm
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:50 pm Guys, we're 45mins from winning Afcon. :atc: :shock:
45 minutes? Might as well be 10 years with this bent ref :laugh:

Wha choo looking at?!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

ANC wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:51 pm
:taunt:
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Like others, would like to see Simon come on at some point and maybe Moffi or Kele.

If Yusuf comes on anytime soon, it should be to play with Onyeka and Iwobi and not to replace one of them.