Nigeria vs CIV (1-2) Ekong , Kessie, Haller FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs CIV (1-2) Ekong , Kessie, Haller FT

Post by Rawlings »

naija do well
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

(Minor quibble but ref should have added one more minute due to the time wasting.)

Nwabali, Onyeka and Ekong stood out. Simon did good with the time he had. The rest? Not their day.
damekadon
Egg
Egg

Post by damekadon »

Guess we ran outta luck cause honestly our game has not been so good. We may not even qualify for the world cup if we dont make major changes.
Musician wey go sing for deaf and dumb reunion don miss road.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs CIV (1-2) Ekong , Kessie, Haller 2H

Post by bushboy »

Osimhen no be am. 7 games. 1 goal. Smh.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Tbite wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:46 pm Nigeria deserved to lose that big time.

Played like cowards.

Yup, the team was set up for failure by the coach and they delivered.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

E no go better for anyone on this site that speaks ill of Ola Aina or any of these kids that gave their all. They balled out all tournament and just fell short. There can only be one winner. Kudos to the boys.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

In my Secondary school playing days, one of the things I learned was: in attack, attack; and in defense, attack. No room to give to the opponent to push you around.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Bad tactics. We let Ivory Coast control the midfield.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

WELL DONE TO THE LADS ANYWAY…
We can revisit the issues with the team on another day.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P
Re: Nigeria vs CIV (1-1) Ekong , Kessie 2H

Post by 2drama »

We need midfielders ASAP . That should be our mission nothing less
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Disgraceful. I'm not angry because we lost but because we didn't even try.

Absolutely disgraceful. It is so bad that in a way I'm not even sad.

How can I regret a loss that we fully deserved?

If we had won this, it would have born s robbery.

Absolutely disgraceful. When the journalist asked iwobi if he plays with fear, one would think it was picking on him, but thr guy really.does play with fear, and the others as well to a lesser extent.

Only Osimhen, Simon, nwabali, ekong had balls today. The rest of them were just asleep and hoping for some luck.

Old Aina also.didnt have any balls today. The final.got to him. Just pathetic.

It's so bad that I don't even want to think about it. I'm out.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

ojafranpa wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:49 pm Reality they are all average players including so call Osimhen.
This. Yes very correct.

Ivory Coast had a clear enough strategy.

A good advert for local African coaches.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
bunda
Egg
Egg

Post by bunda »

this loss is 100 on the coach
not proactive enough
we were given a lifeline by the lucky Goal -still he did not make any tactical subsitutions
the south africa game predicted this result - we should have learnt from that lucky escape
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bushboy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:49 pm Osimhen no be am. 7 games. 1 goal. Smh.
When conversations are held for the true GOATs of Nigerian football, Osimhen will have quotation marks to his inclusion...for a supposed world class striker he sure ain't no Drogba whom he idolized, very weak mentality and just poor all around.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

We were lucky to beat S.Africa - our mediocrity caught up with us. Most of our players don't play for top clubs & cannot handle
pressure. no creativity & our general level of technique has regressed - poor 1st touch all over. Passing is a joke. I now understand why i stopped following the SE for a long time. You end up depressed.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ojafranpa wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:47 pm Please no one should come and mention Ola Aina here anymore. Terrible player.
Once he faced Premier League level competition he was shown to be wanting, I was hoping he would have been replaced by bright who has more speed to match Adingra…Why he was let go by Chelsea he’s just a notch below that level…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Synopsis wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:50 pm Bad tactics. We let Ivory Coast control the midfield.
We keep playing the same formation, even when every other team has mastered our system
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

That silver is meaningless for us..what are we going to do with silver? Don't we have enough?

Abeg if another country wants it, they can have our silver. We don't need it. Gold or nothing.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Coach had no ideas. You took off Lookman, exactly for what reason?
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Bad tactics. We let Ivory Coast control the midfield.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Coach had no clue…

The problem was not Iwobi it was the coach….

Taking off Lookman was a disaster, Aina had no cover that led to the goal….

Why was Chukwueze in the team? Lazy coaching…. Use the team that beat them before…. Did u think they were dummies?

We lost purely on the coach….
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:51 pm
bushboy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:49 pm Osimhen no be am. 7 games. 1 goal. Smh.
When conversations are held for the true GOATs of Nigerian football, Osimhen will have quotation marks to his inclusion...for a supposed world class striker he sure ain't no Drogba whom he idolized, very weak mentality and just poor all around.
He was already running to be subbed when we needed goal, you can’t win with these kids with weak mentality…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

Congratulations to CIV. They came to play and we came to park the bus in a final game. The best team on the day won. They clearly deserved to win the game.
Last edited by Naija fan on Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."