Nigeria vs CIV (1-2) Ekong , Kessie, Haller FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bunda
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs CIV (1-2) Ekong , Kessie, Haller FT

Post by bunda »

would an indigenous coach not have recognised that we were being swamped in midfield
this was obvious from early in the first half -there Is playing defensive footbvalll and there is asking for danger
our coach gets an F9 for this performance
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs CIV (1-2) Ekong , Kessie, Haller 2H

Post by tolahs »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:51 pm
bushboy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:49 pm Osimhen no be am. 7 games. 1 goal. Smh.
When conversations are held for the true GOATs of Nigerian football, Osimhen will have quotation marks to his inclusion...for a supposed world class striker he sure ain't no Drogba whom he idolized, very weak mentality and just poor all around.
Messi didn't win with Argentina for a long time cos of how the team was set up; You forget how long the Drogba & Yaya generation took to win the AFCON.
Victor was doing too much work - as Ekoku said, if you keep launching balls to him, he'll get fatigued fast.
Go watch the tape of this game where we were back in our box permanently defending with 8-9 men - Victor was left alone with 3-4 defenders - our midfielders & wide forwards 40 metres away. No striker looks good in those conditions.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Well done CIV, it was meant to be. The stars aligned :clap: :clap: :clap: for them

you back door enter 2nd round ..chei :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

cchinukw wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:58 pm The costly players that lost it for Nigeria today

Aina
Bassey
Zaidu
Iwobi
One more time! :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:53 pm
bushboy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:49 pm Osimhen no be am. 7 games. 1 goal. Smh.
When conversations are held for the true GOATs of Nigerian football, Osimhen will have quotation marks to his inclusion...for a supposed world class striker he sure ain't no Drogba whom he idolized, very weak mentality and just poor all around.
He was already running to be subbed when we needed goal, you can’t win with these kids with weak mentality…
I'm glad you saw that too. A goal down, and APOY is expecting to be subbed. When he was subbed at Napoli, he threw a tantrum. In the final of AFCON, he was delighted to come off. Terrible mentality.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:52 pm
ojafranpa wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:47 pm Please no one should come and mention Ola Aina here anymore. Terrible player.
Once he faced Premier League level competition he was shown to be wanting, I was hoping he would have been replaced by bright who has more speed to match Adingra…Why he was let go by Chelsea he’s just a notch below that level…
A defender that thinks he is Maradona... i have been saying it to my guys he can never play for me.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tbite wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:59 pm
ANC wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:54 pm
Tbite wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:52 pm That silver is meaningless for us..what are we going to do with silver? Don't we have enough?

Abeg if another country wants it, they can have our silver. We don't need it. Gold or nothing.
No, you are stuck with it!
South Africa should take out silver, it means far more to them than to us. Far more.

Abeg let them have it.
Please do you have their phone number? I will like to call - on behalf of Nigeria - and offer the Silver to them
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
bunda
Egg
Egg

Post by bunda »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:55 pm 3 in CM to match them he refused…Kai them go kill us well well today, Boniface better close his account 😂
THANK YOU!! WE NEEDED TO MATCH THEM IN MIDFIELD TODAY!!!
bunda
Egg
Egg

Post by bunda »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:55 pm 3 in CM to match them he refused…Kai them go kill us well well today, Boniface better close his account 😂
THANK YOU!! WE NEEDED TO MATCH THEM IN MIDFIELD TODAY!!!
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

bushboy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:01 pm
He was already running to be subbed when we needed goal, you can’t win with these kids with weak mentality…
I'm glad you saw that too. A goal down, and APOY is expecting to be subbed. When he was subbed at Napoli, he threw a tantrum. In the final of AFCON, he was delighted to come off. Terrible mentality.
Guy is just an average professional footballer. Haba! He only ask for long and high balls.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

YUJAM wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:57 pm Adingra made the difference today because he did something that no one was able to do all the tournament, which is really test Ola Aina. I guess there is a reason why he is doing so well at Brighton
Adingra was a thorn in the side of the Naija defense from minute 1 to the end. He was just persistent and it paid off. Hats off to him. Man of the match in my humble opinion.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

All in all, the organisation was great and level of competition high.

Certainly one of the best I have seen in a while.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

see that fine CIV babe for stand
SuperEagles

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

How many times have I told you people to slow down about this Osimhen guy? In all our games, I didn't really see anything from him to say he can carry us through a game, or can take over a game for us. He is good, but, elm, no-ooooooo!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

cchinukw wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:58 pm The costly players that lost it for Nigeria today

Aina
Bassey
Zaidu
Iwobi
He was completely out of his depth. Even when Adingra was not breathing down his neck, he made the wrong decisions.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

YUJAM wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:57 pm Adingra made the difference today because he did something that no one was able to do all the tournament, which is really test Ola Aina. I guess there is a reason why he is doing so well at Brighton
Adingra is the next Sadio Mane. In time. He burned Ola Aina all day, everyday. Why the coach did not do something about it is beyond me. Ola Aina himself was lacking concentration at key moments.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

What is Adebayor doing with the AFCON trophy?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

cchinukw wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:55 pm
metalalloy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:50 pm E no go better for anyone on this site that speaks ill of Ola Aina or any of these kids that gave their all. They balled out all tournament and just fell short. There can only be one winner. Kudos to the boys.
You dey crase for nyash.

If that's his all, little wonder we lost. Poor touches, passes and turnovers.
He sucked, Adingra made mince meat of him and we shouldn’t talk, like wtf? I blame the coach, home is getting skinned all game, replace him or get him help…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs CIV (0-0)

Post by tolahs »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:41 pm
tolahs wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:40 pm We'll be lucky to win with this showing. We're restricted to our box - they don't have Xavi & Iniesta - playing very scared.
Just STFU already
This ain't a N.korea forum - you don't censor no one here - really childish post.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:07 pm see that fine CIV babe for stand
Oldboy, this is NOT the time to talk about babes, carry that crap comot here, abeg
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

damekadon wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:57 pm
tolahs wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:52 pm We were lucky to beat S.Africa - our mediocrity caught up with us. Most of our players don't play for top clubs & cannot handle
pressure. no creativity & our general level of technique has regressed - poor 1st touch all over. Passing is a joke. I now understand why i stopped following the SE for a long time. You end up depressed.
Our luck started with Angola. We suppose done go house since that game. We just don't show up and play with confidence.
The level of regression is disturbing. For years any Nigerian player even the tactically naive ones had good technique - so much of what i've seen here is got me baffled.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Have you considered he wasn't 100 percent match fit?
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051