CHUKWUEZE IS A USELESS PLAYER

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
CHUKWUEZE IS A USELESS PLAYER

Post by vancity eagle »

3 afcons in a row where he played straight rubbish.

He has badly regressed, I had such high hopes for him when he came on the scene for Villareal.

He is not better than Ejuke or Tella.

We need to move on.

He can fight for a spot with the water break motivator.
oscar52
Egg
Egg
Re: CHUKWUEZE IS A USELESS PLAYER

Post by oscar52 »

Moses that replaced him did nothing. It's not him it's the midfield . Iwobi was too lazy to play midfield so it was only Onyeka labouring. If the luck riding coach had replaced Iwobi early or brought in a midfielder to replace Aina, the outcome would have been so different. All around poor showing when sharp strategizig needed. Kudos to Nwabili taking them this far.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

oscar52 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:15 pm Moses that replaced him did nothing. It's not him it's the midfield . Iwobi was too lazy to play midfield so it was only Onyeka labouring. If the luck riding coach had replaced Iwobi early or brought in a midfielder to replace Aina, the outcome would have been so different. All around poor showing when sharp strategizig needed. Kudos to Nwabili taking them this far.
The problem is not Iwobi.

The problem is 2 midfielders.

Iwobi is not a water carrier.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

oscar52 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:15 pm Moses that replaced him did nothing. It's not him it's the midfield . Iwobi was too lazy to play midfield so it was only Onyeka labouring. If the luck riding coach had replaced Iwobi early or brought in a midfielder to replace Aina, the outcome would have been so different. All around poor showing when sharp strategizig needed. Kudos to Nwabili taking them this far.
You really think so? Bros, Nigeria was completely dominated. Those changes would not have changed an iota.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

We won't fall for those of you that want to blame players to absolve the manager. That is so 2022
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Chukwueze has been useless through 3 managers.

He is not good enough. He needs to step back and allow Ejuke and Tella a chance.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:08 pm 3 afcons in a row where he played straight rubbish.

He has badly regressed, I had such high hopes for him when he came on the scene for Villareal.

He is not better than Ejuke or Tella.

We need to move on.

He can fight for a spot with the water break motivator.
The coach is more useless for starting him ahead of moses
Last edited by jette1 on Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Anything to avoid calling Peseiro out
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:16 am Anything to avoid calling Peseiro out
Bros,

We have been calling Peseiro out when he was failing trying to play with two strikers and failing with poor results. At this tournament, he found an answer that took us to a surprise second place finish. Kudos!

Then take a look at players and we have been discussing some that are not 110 players. Today, Chukwueze again failed! Should that be ignored? That lad just is not it. There are others and that point should be made.
Last edited by Enugu II on Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:48 am We won't fall for those of you that want to blame players to absolve the manager. That is so 2022
They know what they are doing. Their beloved white master must be protected at all cost!

A guy who was totally and thoroughly outcoached like a 1 year old child attempting to put food in his mouth. :oops: They dont want to face reality. The day I knew they were finished and will do anything to defend their master was when they told us that he is "a very good coach," ignoring the fact that he has been a terrible coach for 32 years, driven out of Venezuela like a road side whore being driven out with broom and only got his job because the employer couldn't contain his excitement being in the presence of his best friend who recommended him for the job.

Weak, Incompetent, Failure, Flat Face and Nepotism! :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I was the only one to call Peseiro out while you were all twerking when you beat South Africa on penalties.

Doesn't change the fact that Chukwueze is useless.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:19 am
I was the only one to call Peseiro out while you were all twerking when you beat South Africa on penalties.

Maybe your memory is finally going. Unlike you, I didn't open a thread calling him a good coach. I'm grateful he got us to the finals but he has to go. And no, Chukwueze is not the problem.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:22 am

Maybe your memory is finally going. Unlike you, I didn't open a thread calling him a good coach. I'm grateful he got us to the finals but he has to go. And no, Chukwueze is not the problem.
Where did I say Chkwueze is THE problem ?

Fact remains he is A Problem.

He sucks.

By the way there is no guarantee whatever new coach you want will not continue the madness of 2 midfielders.

3 coaches in a row have now done the same stupid thing. It seems to be a requirement to coach SE at this point.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:23 am
aruako1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:22 am

Where did I say Chkwueze is THE problem ?

Fact remains he is A Problem.

He sucks.

By the way there is no guarantee whatever new coach you want will not continue the madness of 2 midfielders.

3 coaches in a row have now done the same stupid thing. It seems to be a requirement to coach SE at this point.
I agree about the 2 midfield rubbish. Even tonight I don't know why we couldn't have added Yusuf or Onyedika and pushed Iwobi forward
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I look at a player like Adingra and then I wonder what went wrong with Chukwueze? this guy was an exciting player when he burst into the limelight back in Villarreal...where did it all fall apart for him? look at how Adingra cooked us on the wings today, made Aina his biatch. CIV are really lucky to have a player of that quality.

Who knows what a Nathan Tella would have offered us if he got a chance...who knows.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:11 am I look at a player like Adingra and then I wonder what went wrong with Chukwueze? this guy was an exciting player when he burst into the limelight back in Villarreal...where did it all fall apart for him? look at how Adingra cooked us on the wings today, made Aina his biatch. CIV are really lucky to have a player of that quality.

Who knows what a Nathan Tella would have offered us if he got a chance...who knows.
Bro Ejuke is a very good player.

I dont know why there are so many haters.

He is exactly the kind of player we needed today. A player who can destabilize an entire defence all on his own.

We need to be patient with such talented players.

Look how long we had to be patient with Lookman.
mutiman
Egg
Egg

Post by mutiman »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:17 pm

Exactly. Playing with two in midfield was suicidal, even against South Africa the pattern of the game was the same. It's a long standing issue with the Super Eagles, until we learn that in modern football you need at least three players in midfield, we'll continue to struggle. Blaming Iwobi, Osimhen or any other of the attackers is just deflecting from the core issue. How can you consistently expect to win or dominate games when you concede the midfield as part of your game plan? We actually over achieved in my opinion, bolstered by dogged defending and the emergence of Nwabali.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

mutiman wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:02 am

Exactly. Playing with two in midfield was suicidal, even against South Africa the pattern of the game was the same. It's a long standing issue with the Super Eagles, until we learn that in modern football you need at least three players in midfield, we'll continue to struggle. Blaming Iwobi, Osimhen or any other of the attackers is just deflecting from the core issue. How can you consistently expect to win or dominate games when you concede the midfield as part of your game plan? We actually over achieved in my opinion, bolstered by dogged defending and the emergence of Nwabali.
For a football nation of 200 million people, it's unacceptable that Iwobi is our best playmaker, that's where my actual issues lies! you can't tell me there aren't better players out there than Iwobi.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:11 am I look at a player like Adingra and then I wonder what went wrong with Chukwueze? this guy was an exciting player when he burst into the limelight back in Villarreal...where did it all fall apart for him? look at how Adingra cooked us on the wings today, made Aina his biatch. CIV are really lucky to have a player of that quality.

How many balls did your midfielders/Iwobi sent to the wing. Adingra had his midfielders supplying him with passes. Our midfield sucks !
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:24 am
mutiman wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:02 am

For a football nation of 200 million people, it's unacceptable that Iwobi is our best playmaker, that's where my actual issues lies! you can't tell me there aren't better players out there than Iwobi.
Bro our playmaker is better than any playmaker CIV has, yet they still won the cup.

Iwobi IS NOT the problem. Not even close to being the problem.

Does that mean I wouldn't mind someone of better quality ? Of course not.

But he aint the problem at all.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

onovo wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:12 am

How many balls did your midfielders/Iwobi sent to the wing. Adingra had his midfielders supplying him with passes. Our midfield sucks !
No our midfield does not suck.

Our midfield is understaffed.

Onyeka actually balled. Iwobi is quality but was run ragged.

We cannot continue to play 2 midfielders. I dont know how many times I must say it.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:38 am
onovo wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:12 am

No our midfield does not suck.

Our midfield is understaffed.

Onyeka actually balled. Iwobi is quality but was run ragged.

We cannot continue to play 2 midfielders. I dont know how many times I must say it.
VE what the fock are you on?

Apart from Onyeka none of our midfielders showed why they belong anywhere close to the future of this team. Iwobi isn't GOOD ENOUGH and I'll die on that hill, play him on the wings or in the forward position it still wouldn't have made a dint of difference.

Personally I feel Ndidi, Onyeka, and an addition of new faces like Folrunsho, Akinsanmiro, Eletu, Dele and hopefully one or two of the innit boys is NEEDED ahead of the next AFCON. Let's stop making excuses for Iwobi, he's the poorest playmaker we've had in recent years.We need a new playmaker and I hope and pray we get Michael Olise.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

For fecks sake

You don't play an AM as a DM and then complain that he isn't producing.

That's just pure stupidity.

The first match, the only match he played in his natural position, he balled.

He would have had a beautiful assist if not for Osimehns uselessness.

Will Michael Olise make Osimehn score sitters ?