Our MF couldn't handle it.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Our MF couldn't handle it.

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

This is as far as a Iwobi and Onyeka mf can take us. Good try boys.
OCCUPY NFF!!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Our MF couldn't handle it.

Post by anointed »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:13 pm This is as far as a Iwobi and Onyeka mf can take us. Good try boys.
Waka Boy said there was no problem with our midfield
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

You fools STILL don't get it.

YOU DO NOT PLAY ONLY 2 MIDFIELDERS.

Yet our coach went from 442 to 343, making sure we only have 2 midfielders.

Our only match we played 433 was actually our best match. How did our coward coach not realize this.
bunda
Egg
Egg

Post by bunda »

I don't understand our unhealthy fixation with two central midfielders??
the key to success is defensive solidity and this is built from the midfield !!
its not rocket science and we repeat this error over and over
we need a mindset change
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

How many midfielders did CIV play with ?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:13 pm This is as far as a Iwobi and Onyeka mf can take us. Good try boys.
Because they were out numbered by CIV and hence. What can two payers do in midfield against more?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

3 CMs any new coach that says otherwise better not be hired…I don’t get this fixation…How do you play 2 and one of them is not even a real CM in Iwobi…anyways we’ve said it countless time, but boys were winning so nobody is gonna rock the boat…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:24 pm How many midfielders did CIV play with ?
VE,
'
'If CIV played with only two, or three midfielders, why then were we nullified, or rendered passengers in the middle? The ball was always on our end of the field. When I noticed it, I knew we will not win the game
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:28 pm 3 CMs any new coach that says otherwise better not be hired…I don’t get this fixation…How do you play 2 and one of them is not even a real CM in Iwobi…anyways we’ve said it countless time, but boys were winning so nobody is gonna rock the boat…
How many times did we get broken down in the middle? 3 CM's werent going to do jack in this game. The game, as predicted was lost on the wings. All that CIV did EVERY SINGLE TIME they got the ball was to send the ball to the wings to Adingra and Gradel and whip crosses into the middle for Haller. It wasn't freaking rocket science what they would do. This is what I said before the game:
We playing 3-4-3. Anyone who thinks they will change a formation that led them to the final is high on Ayahuasca. The only real question is whether Zaidu is fit to start or Bright will replace him. I pray we have Zaidu fit as we need Aina manning that RB spot. Heller's height and positioning will be a major problem to deal with in this game.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=315365&p=5955369#p5955369\

They did it every single game they played once Haller and Adingra returned. We failed to counter that effectively. Simple and short.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

metalalloy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:44 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:28 pm 3 CMs any new coach that says otherwise better not be hired…I don’t get this fixation…How do you play 2 and one of them is not even a real CM in Iwobi…anyways we’ve said it countless time, but boys were winning so nobody is gonna rock the boat…
How many times did we get broken down in the middle? 3 CM's werent going to do jack in this game. The game, as predicted was lost on the wings. All that CIV did EVERY SINGLE TIME they got the ball was to send the ball to the wings to Adingra and Gradel and whip crosses into the middle for Haller. It wasn't freaking rocket science what they would do. This is what I said before the game:
We playing 3-4-3. Anyone who thinks they will change a formation that led them to the final is high on Ayahuasca. The only real question is whether Zaidu is fit to start or Bright will replace him. I pray we have Zaidu fit as we need Aina manning that RB spot. Heller's height and positioning will be a major problem to deal with in this game.

They did it every single game they played once Haller and Adingra returned. We failed to counter that effectively. Simple and short.
Oh shut up.

The best form of defence is ATTACK.

What do you think will happen when we play cowardly football and sit back.

Our offense was impotent because we were one dimensional. Our main creative outlet in Iwobi was reduced to a water carrier. There was no link between midfield and attack.

We were toothless and sat back inviting pressure from the wings.

343 was and IS the problem.

As was 442

Because of only TWO midfielders. That is not rocket science.

Stop pretending to be smarter than you are and admit the obvious staring you in the face.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:48 pm
metalalloy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:44 pm

Oh shut up.

The best form of defence is ATTACK.

What do you think will happen when we play cowardly football and sit back.

Our offense was impotent because we were one dimensional. Our main creative outlet in Iwobi was reduced to a water carrier. There was no link between midfield and attack.

We were toothless and sat back inviting pressure from the wings.

343 was and IS the problem.

As was 442

Because of only TWO midfielders. That is not rocket science.

Stop pretending to be smarter than you are and admit the obvious staring you in the face.
Eyaaaa!!! go and hug transformer now!! crying and moaning for 30 years you no dey tire? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:20 pm You fools STILL don't get it.

YOU DO NOT PLAY ONLY 2 MIDFIELDERS.

Yet our coach went from 442 to 343, making sure we only have 2 midfielders.

Our only match we played 433 was actually our best match. How did our coward coach not realize this.
When I said it in this forum, majority coaches in this forum shouted me down. When I earlier predicted we were going to draw with Lesotho during the WCQ a lot of people did not believe it. I knew Peseiro 343 was nothing but a scam way of playing 5 man defence and timid football at the expense of the midfield.