So how can Peseiro fix the Eagles.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
So how can Peseiro fix the Eagles.

Post by ohenhen1 »

I personally would have fired him last year in July. I still haven't changed my mind. I don't like his team selection and playing style That two man midfield will lead to Nigeria never creating enough chances. If I were a team like Lesotho playing against Nigeria. I would implement a low block defense. Play long balls and play counter attack football. If I were a team like Ivory coast or Senegal. I would dominate the midfield and play around the defense to pass crosses into the box. Nigeria has become a flawed team that a smart coach can beat. After watching the first games of the tournament. I knew Afcon quality of play wasn't great. My prediction was even with a bad Nigerian team. They can reach the Quarters. They surprised me by getting to the finals. The boys fought hard and wanted to win. That is why I said it was a shame. There is definitely championship spirit in the team. But the coach would hold them back.

So where do we go from here. Looks like Nigeria is stuck unless Peseiro decides to go to Zamalek.

Looks like the NFF want to give him a contract extension. If he does come back. He has to fix that midfield. We need friendlies. Got to call up young players like Daga, Eleru, Akinsamiro. Bring back Ndidi. We need holding midfielders. Also look at playing Osimhen and Boniface. Continue to build depth in the goalkeeper dept. Nigeria is underachieving.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: So how can Peseiro fix the Eagles.

Post by vancity eagle »

3 midfielders is a MUST

Whomever the coach.

I told the clowns on this forum but they did not want to listen.
bunda
Egg
Egg

Post by bunda »

There is definitely championship spirit in the team. But the coach would hold them back.
Sir ,our coach is not good enough to take this team anywhere
our getting to the finals is testament to the players grit and determination -but at this level that can only take you so far
This game was a massive lost opportunity to win our 4th AFCOn
5 losses in finals -not good enough
we need a coach with a WINNING MENTALITY - the boys have it but they are being led by an inadequate coach
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

This coach did a great job with this average team.

Time is too short but I want to believe Nigeria has far better players than most of those in this squad.

The goal within the year should be to plug the gaps by aggressively scouting locally and internationally for talent.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:32 pm 3 midfielders is a MUST

Whomever the coach.

I told the clowns on this forum but they did not want to listen.
A lot of people said his 343 was great
bunda
Egg
Egg

Post by bunda »

he can improve the eagles by tendering his resignation
we are going nowhere with this man
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

:evil: :twisted:
Peseiro is not fixing this Eagles ...he must Goooo asap !!
We never had a mid-field all through {too much spaces b/w amongst our players }
Peseiro had substitution issues
Our offense was never really sharp enough to be able to break our goal droughts {low coordination & connectivity}
Last edited by kash n' karry on Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:30 pm I personally would have fired him last year in July. I still haven't changed my mind. I don't like his team selection and playing style That two man midfield will lead to Nigeria never creating enough chances. If I were a team like Lesotho playing against Nigeria. I would implement a low block defense. Play long balls and play counter attack football. If I were a team like Ivory coast or Senegal. I would dominate the midfield and play around the defense to pass crosses into the box. Nigeria has become a flawed team that a smart coach can beat. After watching the first games of the tournament. I knew Afcon quality of play wasn't great. My prediction was even with a bad Nigerian team. They can reach the Quarters. They surprised me by getting to the finals. The boys fought hard and wanted to win. That is why I said it was a shame. There is definitely championship spirit in the team. But the coach would hold them back.

So where do we go from here. Looks like Nigeria is stuck unless Peseiro decides to go to Zamalek.

Looks like the NFF want to give him a contract extension. If he does come back. He has to fix that midfield. We need friendlies. Got to call up young players like Daga, Eleru, Akinsamiro. Bring back Ndidi. We need holding midfielders. Also look at playing Osimhen and Boniface. Continue to build depth in the goalkeeper dept. Nigeria is underachieving.
Agreed. I can't fault any players. The issue is the coach. We won't qualify for the World Cup with him
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

kash n' karry wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:45 pm :evil: :twisted:
Peseiro is not fixing this Eagles ...he must Goooo !!
I also want him gone. But the foolish NFF will owe him 2 years of contract if they fire him before the end of world cup 2026. By reaching the Semifinals. A 2 year extension was triggered.

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:48 pm
I also want him gone. But the foolish NFF will owe him 2 years of contract if they fire him before the end of world cup 2026. If he reaches the Semifinals. A 2 year extension is triggered.
He has good lawyers
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

I also want him gone. But the foolish NFF will owe him 2 years of contract if they fire him before the end of world cup 2026. If he reaches the Semifinals. A 2 year extension is triggered.
He has good lawyers or rather agents
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

ANC wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:50 pm
He has good lawyers
It is the NfF. They had a similar contract with Rohr. They use language that include performance targets to trigger contract extensions.

kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

They need to let him go regardless of contract agreements. Just pay him off and let him off !!
at this stage... i don't mind a Siasia coming back...he will do a better midfield job.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

kash n' karry wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:56 pm
They need to let him go regardless of contract agreements. Just pay him off and let him off !!
at this stage... i don't mind a Siasia coming back...he will do a better midfield job.
Agreed. It is not a home or foreign coach debate. We need to get a coach that understands our philosophy. There is a reason why some of our most successful foreign coaches have been Dutch.
Penarity
Egg
Egg

Post by Penarity »

It was quite disappointing watching the boys play below capability. Very disappointing!
There is nothing to learn from someone who already agrees with you.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:01 am
Agreed. It is not a home or foreign coach debate. We need to get a coach that understands our philosophy. There is a reason why some of our most successful foreign coaches have been Dutch.
Yeap, similar style of play. SE now has zero wing play.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Penarity wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:07 am It was quite disappointing watching the boys play below capability. Very disappointing!
were they tired? A month long tournament with poor squad rotation.
Aina was not it today. The team started misplacing simple pass since
RSA game.
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

Exactly ... our truest identity is attacking football with mid-field majority possessions.
You can't play an attacking football if your mid-field is wanting.... bcos the offense starts from the midfield !!

Today, our boys looked scared instead of having a psycho edge over the game esp. since the gods gifted them with the 1st goal to shore up their mindsets !! :???:
bunda
Egg
Egg

Post by bunda »

similarly you can't play with defensive robustness if your midfield is not combative and effective -doing that is asking for trouble !!
to play defensive football we still had to have an effective attack -we have missed that all this AFCON
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

cchinukw wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:38 pm This coach did a great job with this average team.

Time is too short but I want to believe Nigeria has far better players than most of those in this squad.

The goal within the year should be to plug the gaps by aggressively scouting locally and internationally for talent.
In my view, I was impressed with what the manager has done. He just needs to get rid of some of the players.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

kash n' karry wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am
Exactly ... our truest identity is attacking football with mid-field majority possessions.
You can't play an attacking football if your mid-field is wanting.... bcos the offense starts from the midfield !!

Today, our boys looked scared instead of having a psycho edge over the game esp. since the gods gifted them with the 1st goal to shore up their mindsets !! :???:
As it stands, Peseiro will continue because our NFF is useless. I'm calling it now - we will not qualify for the next WC
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:38 am
kash n' karry wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am

As it stands, Peseiro will continue because our NFF is useless. I'm calling it now - SE will not qualify for the next WC
I am with you on this one.
He has no clue, he was found out long time ago, but his luck just ran out today.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Owngoal is saying a contract extension is on offer for Peseiro. It is left to the coach to decide. They cant drag this out. Got to make sure a coach is in place before March. We need a new coach. Sometimes it is good to have a new voice with fresh ideas. We need play as a complete team.