So how can Peseiro fix the Eagles.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: So how can Peseiro fix the Eagles.

Post by aruako1 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:09 am Owngoal is saying a contract extension is on offer for Peseiro. It is left to the coach to decide. They cant drag this out. Got to make sure a coach is in place before March. We need a new coach. Sometimes it is good to have a new voice with fresh ideas. We need play as a complete team.
Of course he will accept it. That is why I know we won't qualify for the World Cup
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:11 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:09 am Owngoal is saying a contract extension is on offer for Peseiro. It is left to the coach to decide. They cant drag this out. Got to make sure a coach is in place before March. We need a new coach. Sometimes it is good to have a new voice with fresh ideas. We need play as a complete team.
Of course he will accept it. That is why I know we won't qualify for the World Cup
In my view, he should duly get an extention. The question is whether he has offers from elsewhere.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:17 am
In my view, he should duly get an extention. The question is whether he has offers from elsewhere.

He shouldn’t get an extension after the limp attacking display we have seen throughout the tournament
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:38 am
kash n' karry wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am
aruako1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:01 am
kash n' karry wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:56 pm
ANC wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:50 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:48 pm
kash n' karry wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:45 pm :evil: :twisted:
Peseiro is not fixing this Eagles ...he must Goooo !!
I also want him gone. But the foolish NFF will owe him 2 years of contract if they fire him before the end of world cup 2026. If he reaches the Semifinals. A 2 year extension is triggered.
He has good lawyers or rather agents
:evil: :twisted:
They need to let him go regardless of contract agreements. Just pay him off and let him off !!
at this stage... i don't mind a Siasia coming back...he will do a better midfield job.
Agreed. It is not a home or foreign coach debate. We need to get a coach that understands our philosophy. There is a reason why some of our most successful foreign coaches have been Dutch.
Exactly ... our truest identity is attacking football with mid-field majority possessions.
You can't play an attacking football if your mid-field is wanting.... bcos the offense starts from the midfield !!

Today, our boys looked scared instead of having a psycho edge over the game esp. since the gods gifted them with the 1st goal to shore up their mindsets !! :???:
As it stands, Peseiro will continue because our NFF is useless. I'm calling it now - we will not qualify for the next WC
I am not following the SE anymore bcos i do not believe Peseiro is our answer to excellence. We struggled against Equatorial Guinea, South African and Ivory Coast !! He couldn't figure out how to improve the team esp. in the midfield and Peseiro looks to rigid to tinker and adjust to in game playings.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

If he accepts it then we should prepare to miss the World Cup
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:03 am
Just as we expected to do poorly at AFCON. Yet.....You will get an alert from Morocco and Senegal. LOL.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:07 am
aruako1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:03 am
Just as we expected to do poorly at AFCON. Yet.....You will get an alert from Morocco and Senegal. LOL.
I expected us to get to the semi finals. And we didn't start AFCON with a deficit due to draws against Lesotho and Zimbabwe. We will struggle to beat South Africa with Peserio in charge
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Without a proper data dive, I would say we moved the ball slower today, something that Peseiro and astute fans before him had said was a problem. We need to fix this and start looking for midfielders in the same type of places Nwabali was hiding.
Last edited by Kneedeep on Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:27 am
cchinukw wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:38 pm This coach did a great job with this average team.

Time is too short but I want to believe Nigeria has far better players than most of those in this squad.

The goal within the year should be to plug the gaps by aggressively scouting locally and internationally for talent.
In my view, I was impressed with what the manager has done. He just needs to get rid of some of the players.
Name the players you would get rid of, and without prejudice.

For me, the coach is a replica of Mourinho - 'Pack the bus, and hope we score'.
The team was in shambles after CIV scored the winning goal with about 10 minutes left.
Any clear-headed observer can note that the SE from then on, are trying for what they are
not used to, i.e. play attacking football.
Not much wrong with 'parking the bus', but when your team gets the ball the counter should
be swift and not have a slow build-up till the opposition realigns themselves defensively.

With the addition of a few superior talents and a retooling of tactics, the SE will improve.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

joao wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:23 am
Enugu II wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:27 am
cchinukw wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:38 pm This coach did a great job with this average team.

Time is too short but I want to believe Nigeria has far better players than most of those in this squad.

The goal within the year should be to plug the gaps by aggressively scouting locally and internationally for talent.
In my view, I was impressed with what the manager has done. He just needs to get rid of some of the players.
Name the players you would get rid of, and without prejudice.

For me, the coach is a replica of Mourinho - 'Pack the bus, and hope we score'.
The team was in shambles after CIV scored the winning goal with about 10 minutes left.
Any clear-headed observer can note that the SE from then on, are trying for what they are
not used to, i.e. play attacking football.
Not much wrong with 'parking the bus', but when your team gets the ball the counter should
be swift and not have a slow build-up till the opposition realigns themselves defensively.

With the addition of a few superior talents and a retooling of tactics, the SE will improve.
I cannot keep repeating myself on the topic. I have mentioned them several times. Do a search under 110 players. This is a topic widely discussed on this site. It is long running. There is a search button.

You write about playing attacking football with these players. Are you not aware that Peseiro precisely attempted to that when he took over this team. Where did it lead us? you know the answer and yet you want him to persist with the mediocrity that it produced? He went to this new formation and suddenly the team drives all the way to the championship game and you want him to revert to a failing mode? Shaking my head.