Too much negativity..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Too much negativity..

Post by YUJAM »

After the loss. This Nigeria squad is world cup level, and when they qualify, I expect the team to do very well. They played really well during the tournament.

There are a lot of things that can be built on. The defense and attack are superb and the midfield is almost complete. I believe with a few additional stars on the team and this will surely happen between now and the next WC, I expect this team will be a formidable team in the next WC.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Re: Too much negativity..

Post by Sleaky72 »

YUJAM wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:36 pm After the loss. This Nigeria squad is world cup level, and when they qualify, I expect the team to do very well. They played really well during the tournament.

There are a lot of things that can be built on. The defense and attack are superb and the midfield is almost complete. I believe with a few additional stars on the team and this will surely happen between now and the next WC, I expect this team will be a formidable team in the next WC.
Amen.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

YUJAM wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:36 pm After the loss. This Nigeria squad is world cup level, and when they qualify, I expect the team to do very well. They played really well during the tournament.

We gotta make it there first, knowing how Nigeria does things it will be fire brigade and throw the baby out with the bath water and start all over in the mean time tanking our chances to qualify. In between players like Aina and Iwobi will be hounded into refusing future call ups…just how it goes…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I am actually very excited about the prospect of this team, This team will be solid, When the likes of Wilf, Boniface, Umar, etc all return, oh boy
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Penarity
Egg
Egg

Post by Penarity »

Yujam! This is a moral (or do I call it emotional) consolation. This final was the worst game I have seen in a long time. The coaching team made Nigeria look so ordinary. The man told the boys to play defensive... defensive for 90 minutes? C'mon!
There is nothing to learn from someone who already agrees with you.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Team is good.

As long as we play 3 midfielders from here on

As long as we choose balanced squads based on merrit.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

We won't qualify with Peseiro.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Every single loss, the moaning begins. As if Nigeria is ordained to win every game. FOH.

These kids played their hearts out in every single game in this tourney and defied the expectations of most of these pot bellied arm chair "analysts" moaning in this forum had before the tournament started. Abeg make we hear word jare.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Penarity
Egg
Egg

Post by Penarity »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:44 pm

We won't qualify with Peseiro.
We will NOT! I see the SE drawing all their matches in the qualifying series.
There is nothing to learn from someone who already agrees with you.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

metalalloy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:46 pm Every single loss, the moaning begins. As if Nigeria is ordained to win every game. FOH.

These kids played their hearts out in every single game in this tourney and defied the expectations of most of these pot bellied arm chair "analysts" moaning in this forum had before the tournament started. Abeg make we hear word jare.
I have not faulted a single player. I'm happy with every single player. The problem us the coach. We won't qualify for the World Cup with him.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

metalalloy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:46 pm Every single loss, the moaning begins. As if Nigeria is ordained to win every game. FOH.

no mind them, they go cry tire, then all of a sudden show face on CE only when the SE gets to the finals, these are fake fans, I enjoyed this AFCON and for me CIV were going to win this thanks to Ghana being who they are chokers.

I am looking forward to the June Qualifiers. no need losing sleep over a lost final. We will win a 4th AFCON very soon
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:52 pm

no mind them, they go cry tire, then all of a sudden show face on CE only when the SE gets to the finals, these are fake fans, I enjoyed this AFCON and for me CIV were going to win this thanks to Ghana being who they are chokers.

I am looking forward to the June Qualifiers. no need losing sleep over a lost final. We will win a 4th AFCON very soon
We will win a 4th AFCON soon. But it won't be with Peseiro.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Thanks for this thread, let it be known that no matter how dissapointed we all are, the players are even more dissapointed

We can sit behind a screen and cowardly hurl names at the players or insult them, but they are the ones sweating it for 90 plus minutes a game and doing their best. They have fought for the country more than many of us have who love the glory hunt

Im proud that for a team that was written off at the beginning, they did what they could to get to the final

It was a tough game, our tactic was bound to be found wanting in the end but it wasn't meant to be

For me, I look forward to the next game. I hope we qualify for AFCON 2025 as well as the world cup

Let's cheer our boys and build their confidence, lets not shatter it further just because our egos (and bragging rights) have taken a dent
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
bunda
Egg
Egg

Post by bunda »

mark my words -we will not qualify for the World Cup with this coach
CIvoire won because they acted DECISIVELY and got rid of a non performing coach
we were found out today-SA game was a foretaste when we come up against a tactically astute coach
he has to go now!
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

:evil: :twisted:
Whats the point of playing well during the tournament only to play shittty in the finals and then losing the trophy ??
You might as well not get to the finals... before you lose... bcos the trauma is a lifetime !! Moral victories is for suckazzz :mrgreen:
I always pray for my teams NOT to make it to the finals {or even the semi's} ...if we are going to get so close to the trophy and then lose !!! :drool:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

We didn't show up at an AFCON final. Of course there's negativity. Losing is one thing but to not even try is unacceptable.

That was the first full game I've seen with Peseiro as manager. May it be the last.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Bring in Gift Orban, and Amoo to this squad.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

FFS we have some utterly entitled and delusional people on this forum. Nigeria 🇳🇬 finished 2nd in a 24 team tournament. Only the host nation finished above Nigeria (even then - Nigeria beat said host nation earlier in the tournament). The only way Nigeria would have won was to do something that has never happened in the near 70 year history of the AFCON: beat a host nation twice in the same tournament.

Finishing 2nd out of 24 and losing to the host nation is a very admirable performance. Reigning champions Senegal 🇸🇳 lost to this same Ivory Coast team in the 2nd round. Yet Senegalese fans are not calling for the coach to be fired and for half the team to be dropped.

Nigeria lost in the final and some people here want to restart from scratch - instead of keeping the coach and team together to make the incremental step from 2nd to 1st.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Yujam

Well stated. Let me add that I like what the manager did with the team at this AFCON after repeated poor performances prior to the competition. Clearly, this was Nigeria's poorest outing ..... by MILES. The team may already be thinking of winning the trophy without first doing the hardworking. The effort level was just poor.

Let the manager be. The team should recover from this with few personnel changes.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:58 am

Yujam

Well stated. Let me add that I like what the manager did with the team at this AFCON after repeated poor performances prior to the competition. Clearly, this was Nigeria's poorest outing ..... by MILES. The team may already be thinking of winning the trophy without first doing the hardworking. The effort level was just poor.

Let the manager be. The team should recover from this with few personnel changes.
This was my worst fear because I hear kpim from CIV but we just kept talking and talking and talking…smiling and talking about we beat them already and there is nothing new about this team. Was shocked that Musa said that but okidokie…we are always better as underdogs based on our history…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Is this the type of football that Peseiro has been serving up?

Are folks happy with it? Is it the best use of the personnel he has at his disposal? Serious questions.

Reminded me of Jose Mourinho having the best attacking talents of the world at his disposal and playing with 10 men behind the ball at home to Rayo Vallecano.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

wiseone wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:50 am FFS we have some utterly entitled and delusional people on this forum. Nigeria 🇳🇬 finished 2nd in a 24 team tournament. Only the host nation finished above Nigeria (even then - Nigeria beat said host nation earlier in the tournament). The only way Nigeria would have won was to do something that has never happened in the near 70 year history of the AFCON: beat a host nation twice in the same tournament.

Finishing 2nd out of 24 and losing to the host nation is a very admirable performance. Reigning champions Senegal 🇸🇳 lost to this same Ivory Coast team in the 2nd round. Yet Senegalese fans are not calling for the coach to be fired and for half the team to be dropped.

Nigeria lost in the final and some people here want to restart from scratch - instead of keeping the coach and team together to make the incremental step from 2nd to 1st.
I'm not unhappy with a silver. I'm just concerned that we will not make the World Cup with this coach. I'm not asking for a restart from the scratch - just that we get rid of Peseiro. But I know we won't- so we can wish the WC goodbye. Senegal showed enough tactical flexibility and attacking intent to convince their fans that the loss to CIV on penalties was a blip
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I am not mad because we lost.

I am mad because

1. Our coach was a coward, even against South Africa
2. Our coach plays our best player as a DM
3. Our coach only believes in playing 2 midfielders
4. Our coach and the NFF do not believe in meritocracy, they continue to make excuse for that shi$head Musa
5. Our coach is too slow to see obvious things.