NIgeria was In a Deep Slumber as Ivory Coast dominated (+ match REPORT)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
NIgeria was In a Deep Slumber as Ivory Coast dominated (+ match REPORT)

Post by Enugu II »

Ivory Coast won their third AFCON by beating Nigeria 2-1 in front of a capacity crowd. . . . In the end, the Ivoreins should be sending a "Thank You" card to Morocco who had revived their AFCON campaign.

Nigeria came out lethargic and remained so until late when the Ivoreins mercifully took their feet off the pedal. Mysteriously, Nigerian players failed to raise their effort and energy for a championship game while Ivory Coast was exactly the opposite.

Details can be accessed via https://eaglecity.blogspot.com/2024/02/ ... thank.html
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIgeria was In a Deep Slumber as Ivory Coast dominated (+ match REPORT)

Post by kash n' karry »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:11 am
Ivory Coast won their third AFCON by beating Nigeria 2-1 in front of a capacity crowd. . . . In the end, the Ivoreins should be sending a "Thank You" card to Morocco who had revived their AFCON campaign.

Nigeria came out lethargic and remained so until late when the Ivoreins mercifully took their feet off the pedal. Mysteriously, Nigerian players failed to raise their effort and energy for a championship game while Ivory Coast was exactly the opposite.

Details can be accessed via https://eaglecity.blogspot.com/2024/02/ ... thank.html
:evil: :twisted:
Its called juju spells of the African continent...we shoulda doubled our spiritual efforts knowing that you are playing an your opponent in their home country in the very finals ... How naive could we have been ?? :mrgreen:
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

Its called juju spells of the African continent...we shoulda doubled our spiritual efforts knowing that you are playing an your opponent in their home country in the very finals ... How naive could we have been ?? :mrgreen:

Now that the game is over {2hrs) ...i am sure our players mental sharpness is finally back to realize what has happened to them... !! :blink:
Last edited by kash n' karry on Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

kash n' karry wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:21 am
kash n' karry wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:18 am

Now that the game is over {2hrs) ...i am sure our players mental sharpness is finally back to realize what has happened to them... !! :blink:
Ol'boy

It is funny but to be frank they played as if under a trance. Tufiakwa!!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:22 am

Ol'boy

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Enugu... i am absolutely convinced bro. ... you just don't get to the finals to play the worst game of that tounament from your end... that is a supernatural blockade right there !! :mrgreen:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

kash n' karry wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:25 am

Ol'boy

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Enugu... i am absolutely convinced bro. ... you just don't get to the finals to play the worst game of that tounament from your end... that is a supernatural blockade right there !! :mrgreen:
Are you suggesting we were bewitched, or rather charmed?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
bunda
Egg
Egg

Post by bunda »

There is no such thing
Bring a mid ranking EURO Team and they will beat this Ivorian team today on home turf
we need to move away from this (BEWITCHED/CHARMED)mindset
we had piss poor tactics and didn't adjust in REAL TIME
THATS ALL!!!
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

Odas wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:41 am

Ol'boy

Absolutely 100% all the above... our players we so under the spell looking at their eyes :twisted:

i shoulda called witchy my friends to fly to the stadium ahead of this game !! Even if it woulda costed me 1-2M naira's !! :woot:
Aaaaggghhhhhhh gaaaddammmnn itt !! :mrgreen:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

kash n' karry wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:52 am
Odas wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:41 am

Ol'boy

Absolutely 100% all the above... our players we so under the spell looking at their eyes :twisted:

i shoulda called witchy my friends to fly to the stadium ahead of this game !! Even if it woulda costed me 1-2M naira's !! :woot:
Aaaaggghhhhhhh gaaaddammmnn itt !! :mrgreen:
Hmm, okaaaay! You should have done so if you had any of such a friend with SPIRITUAL powers :lol: :lol:

In general, I in many occasions, questioned what we were doing, or playing. It's like were a different team today.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Uncle EII,

Please can I get a hardcopy of this match report, so I can tear it! :-x
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bunda wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:45 am There is no such thing
Bring a mid ranking EURO Team and they will beat this Ivorian team today on home turf
THATS ALL!!!
Bro no mid table Euro team is beating CIV for that heat and humidity.

Try again.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:48 am Uncle EII,

Please can I get a hardcopy of this match report, so I can tear it! :-x
Don't you think you are able to print it? You need me to loan one to you? LOL.
bunda
Egg
Egg

Post by bunda »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:53 am
THATS ALL!!!

Try again.
NO EURO TEAM -you would bet on that ?
even after a peroid of acclimatization
sadly we made them look better than they were -home advantage and luck got them to the final
they are not in a any way a special team
bunda
Egg
Egg

Post by bunda »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:53 am
THATS ALL!!!

Try again.
NO EURO TEAM -you would bet on that ?
even after a peroid of acclimatization
sadly we made them look better than they were -home advantage and luck got them to the final
they are not in a any way a special team