Iwobi needs to be phased OUT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Iwobi needs to be phased OUT

Post by Tobi17 »

Please, please and please this guy needs to go, just not good enough! JJ scammed us with the worst "playmaker" that has ever donned the jersey for Nigeria. And please don't give me that "he was played out of position" nonsense here, the hallmark of outstanding players is their ability to ALMOST INVARIABLY deliver when the chips are down...Iwobi time and time again has showed he lacks what we need in a difference maker.

Once again we who watch football cried and advocated for true ball playing midfielders to be invited but NFF in all their disgusting corruption called up ONLY 5 midfielders, didn't help that we had a super defensive coach who died on the hill of playing two overplayed midfielders!

No excuses anymore, going into the WCQ and onwards the position of certain players in this MUST BE REVIEWED, we need to force measures to place certain players under serious probation.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Iwobi needs to be phased OUT

Post by vancity eagle »

Dude you are so wrong on this.

You don't play an AM as a DM I a 2 midfield setup and then blame that AM afterwards.

This was all on Peseiro.

Iwobi had a very good first match when we played 433.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:34 am Please, please and please this guy needs to go, just not good enough! JJ scammed us with the worst "playmaker" that has ever donned the jersey for Nigeria. And please don't give me that "he was played out of position" nonsense here, the hallmark of outstanding players is their ability to ALMOST INVARIABLY deliver when the chips are down...Iwobi time and time again has showed he lacks what we need in a difference maker.

Once again we who watch football cried and advocated for true ball playing midfielders to be invited but NFF in all their disgusting corruption called up ONLY 5 midfielders, didn't help that we had a super defensive coach who died on the hill of playing two overplayed midfielders!

No excuses anymore, going into the WCQ and onwards the position of certain players in this MUST BE REVIEWED, we need to force measures to place certain players under serious probation.
Are you in your car crying again?
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Iwobi is been played out of position .
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

The SE only have defence and attack and no midfield.
CIV showed today that Midfield is the glue between both and the SE was missing that glue
Attack is the best form of defence and fortune favors the brave
The SE were timid throughout the game and it just so worked out that the bravest of the SE got the goal
The SE were totally lost out there today, shame
Well done boys, i really do hope they learn from this and perform better going forward, chai e pain me
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:07 am Iwobi is been played out of position .
yeah he should play the wings like he does for clubs, afterall Mane does not look lost when playing his natural position for Senegal. It will even be a plus having 3 natural midfielders with Iwobi as a compliment coming from the LW/RW.
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Not Iwobi's fault.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:34 am Please, please and please this guy needs to go, just not good enough! JJ scammed us with the worst "playmaker" that has ever donned the jersey for Nigeria. And please don't give me that "he was played out of position" nonsense here, the hallmark of outstanding players is their ability to ALMOST INVARIABLY deliver when the chips are down...Iwobi time and time again has showed he lacks what we need in a difference maker.

We really should start expelling some of you people from here.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

This is too strong a statement. Iwobi did not have the best of games but some of that is down to the quality of the opponent and some of that is due to the team tactics. However, it is far too early in his career to phase him out of the SE. If better midfielders emerge to displace him then fair and good. For now, it is not clear who plays better than he does in his position in the SE
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

We need Michael Olise so bad someone creative.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

At CM/CDM….yes…from the team? No!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Benedict Iroha wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:35 am We need Michael Olise so bad someone creative.
Imagine how better that midfield will look with an Olise/Eze manning it? we're wasting our time with Iwobi, dude is a fraud and I'll never understand why CE members twerk for that guy...he's utterly $#%
Babadee
Egg
Egg

Post by Babadee »

Benedict Iroha wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:35 am We need Michael Olise so bad someone creative.
i think someone from the local league with that hunger. The thin midfield eventually caught up. Those guys were tired.

Its easy to seat behind phone and laptop and be typing.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:29 am

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

How would that help if Olise is played as a DM ?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Seriously - we must all watch different games o, the game that we watched that had Pesa playing 8 1 1 naim we dey blame Iwobi ? I asked for he and aina to be changed because they were tanked and with ur style of play they would have caused an error or cracked.

Pesa's negative foot ball could have actually worked if he had the right personnel on the pitch at the right time..

1. Simon should have started and may have saved aina from being overwheled.
2. He could have subbed Aina /Chukwueze - for osayi/simon combo
3. later he should have subbed Iwobi for Alhassan /Aribo ( the issue with these two na positional discipline ) which is why he likely persisted with Aribo..so all in all he could have still won this game with his negative soccer ...) ...anyway sha
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
mutiman
Egg
Egg

Post by mutiman »

Iwobi didn't have the best of games yesterday, but as quite a few people have pointed out our main problem was the formation and not the players per say. Playing with two midfielders in any game is risky to say the least , playing with two when one of the two is a pure AM who is defensively suspect is looking for trouble, and we got a lot of it last night. The same thing against South Africa. I think the most important part of your post is the fact that we came into CHAN with only five midfielders, it says a lot about the way the coach and possibly the NFF see the game. I cannot think of any other country in the world where the squad selection is so lopsided when it comes to the midfield. This is an issue that predates Peseiro, and even the last three or four managers before him. So the question should be asked, why do we constantly pick squads with lots of defenders and attackers but few midfielders?
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Not sure what formation or even tactics have to do with basic technical ability. He couldn't even play simple passes, and no it's not just in this game.

A player could be a few yards away and Iwobi would mess up the pass, what does that have to do with positioning?

The player is average. Maybe in his natural position he would be a little less average, but average nonetheless.

If he is our best, we are in a predicament.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

We need to get Michael Folorunsho from Verona ( on loan from Napoli) ASAP before the Italians call him up. He has expressed interest in playing for Nigeria in the past. Like someone pointed out we have a good defence and attack but the midfield is missing
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:19 am Seriously - we must all watch different games o, the game that we watched that had Pesa playing 8 1 1 naim we dey blame Iwobi ? I asked for he and aina to be changed because they were tanked and with ur style of play they would have caused an error or cracked.

Pesa's negative foot ball could have actually worked if he had the right personnel on the pitch at the right time..

3. later he should have subbed Iwobi for Alhassan /Aribo ( the issue with these two na positional discipline ) which is why he likely persisted with Aribo..so all in all he could have still won this game with his negative soccer ...) ...anyway sha
I agree with you on subbing Aina with Osayi-Samuel. The pace of Adingra was too much for Aina and OS has the pace to keep up with Adingra
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

txj wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:29 am

stop wasting your time with him, he offers nothing here, knows nothing about football, just laugh and move on
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:29 am
We need to get Michael Folorunsho from Verona ( on loan from Napoli) ASAP before the Italians call him up. He has expressed interest in playing for Nigeria in the past. Like someone pointed out we have a good defence and attack but the midfield is missing
You sabi ball. :thumbs:

I don't get this fixation with Olise and Eze. I would take Iwobi over Eze any day. And Olise is competing with Chukwueze/Simon/Lookman and Tella, not Iwobi. We just need to play Iwobi in his attacking position and not as a co-DM.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:31 am
Siddonlook11 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:19 am Seriously - we must all watch different games o, the game that we watched that had Pesa playing 8 1 1 naim we dey blame Iwobi ? I asked for he and aina to be changed because they were tanked and with ur style of play they would have caused an error or cracked.

I agree with you on subbing Aina with Osayi-Samuel. The pace of Adingra was too much for Aina and OS has the pace to keep up with Adingra
But what was the point of the 5 man defence (3 CBs and 2 FBs) if Ajayi could not provide the cover for Aina who was obviously fatigued from the long tournament and exertion from his previous games where he played really well and covered a lot of ground?

But the truth this we allowed the Ivorians to put us under so much pressure by not having a midfield that could hold on to the ball and instigate attacks. We resorted to long balls that kept coming back. Like I have said on many occasions, our coach is really poor but he managed to find a good defensive setup that made it difficult to beat us but too away our attacking bite.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."