Iwobi needs to be phased OUT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Iwobi needs to be phased OUT

Post by Tobi17 »

Lolly wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:11 am
Dammy wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:29 am
Benedict Iroha wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:35 am We need Michael Olise so bad someone creative.
We need to get Michael Folorunsho from Verona ( on loan from Napoli) ASAP before the Italians call him up. He has expressed interest in playing for Nigeria in the past. Like someone pointed out we have a good defence and attack but the midfield is missing
You sabi ball. :thumbs:

I don't get this fixation with Olise and Eze. I would take Iwobi over Eze any day. And Olise is competing with Chukwueze/Simon/Lookman and Tella, not Iwobi. We just need to play Iwobi in his attacking position and not as a co-DM.
Only someone with a questionable football IQ will take Iwobi over Eze, like do you even know the output of both players in the premier league at their respective clubs? Jesus Christ...just stick to kissing Buhari's arse for goodness sake.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:23 am
Lolly wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:11 am
Dammy wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:29 am
Benedict Iroha wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:35 am We need Michael Olise so bad someone creative.
We need to get Michael Folorunsho from Verona ( on loan from Napoli) ASAP before the Italians call him up. He has expressed interest in playing for Nigeria in the past. Like someone pointed out we have a good defence and attack but the midfield is missing
You sabi ball. :thumbs:

I don't get this fixation with Olise and Eze. I would take Iwobi over Eze any day. And Olise is competing with Chukwueze/Simon/Lookman and Tella, not Iwobi. We just need to play Iwobi in his attacking position and not as a co-DM.
Only someone with a questionable football IQ will take Iwobi over Eze, like do you even know the output of both players in the premier league at their respective clubs? Jesus Christ...just stick to kissing Buhari's arse for goodness sake.
I don't debate with juveniles. And your knowledge of football does not extend beyond watching EPL on TV. Some of us have played, managed, and studied football.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Dude still has a lot to offer. Chill out abeg. This is the same thing some of you were saying about Ekong.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:34 am Please, please and please this guy needs to go, just not good enough! JJ scammed us with the worst "playmaker" that has ever donned the jersey for Nigeria. And please don't give me that "he was played out of position" nonsense here, the hallmark of outstanding players is their ability to ALMOST INVARIABLY deliver when the chips are down...Iwobi time and time again has showed he lacks what we need in a difference maker.

Once again we who watch football cried and advocated for true ball playing midfielders to be invited but NFF in all their disgusting corruption called up ONLY 5 midfielders, didn't help that we had a super defensive coach who died on the hill of playing two overplayed midfielders!

No excuses anymore, going into the WCQ and onwards the position of certain players in this MUST BE REVIEWED, we need to force measures to place certain players under serious probation.
Replace with who? You are asking someone to run around all day and continually switch focus, furthermore without rotation.

What do you expect?

It's obvious the team needed better game strategy management. In fairness though, the Mourinho tactic took us far enough and unravelled in the final.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I see the Quack Agent is already touting another player he saw on Twitter. All of a sudden, the quack's eyes has open. No more Aribo 6 games! Aribo 6 games! E eye don clear. Continue supporting corruption. This pain you are feeling now is just the beginning. Quack.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:48 am
Imagine how better that midfield will look with an Olise/Eze manning it? we're wasting our time with Iwobi, dude is a fraud and I'll never understand why CE members twerk for that guy...he's utterly $#%
Same result if Pase uses any of them the way he used Iwobi.
mojojojo
Egg
Egg

Post by mojojojo »

For me he played very well all tournament. The guy was played in a new position and he was an important part of the team that got us to the final. It is a difficult position to play in a two man midfield especially if the opposition overcrowds the midfield.

I was mostly impressed with his defensive game. He gave everything on that pitch by sacrificing his urge to attack with positional discipline to fit Paseiro's system. In fact Paseiro's approach towards the whole team was to dull our attack in favor of defence.

That said, Iwobi does have a stamina issue. He gets tired easily in games and event at club level hardly ever lasts for 90 minutes. I have observed he is always tired by the 70th minute.

We lost the final for two reasons; first the 5-2-3 system that got us to the final should have been turned to a 4-3-3 earlier in the game because we needed goals, not ten minutes to the end of the game. Secondly, for some reason our players were all tired and fatigued compared to the opposition.

That said the opposition were better tactically and completed nullified our team.