SAY NO to AMAJU & FOREIGN COACHES, WE have LEGIONS OF PRO EX-PLAYERS !!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet
SAY NO to AMAJU & FOREIGN COACHES, WE have LEGIONS OF PRO EX-PLAYERS !!

Post by kash n' karry »

:evil: :twisted:
At this stage. its time to say no to foreign coaches except they have a recent proven track record in 3 departments of the game
1. Defense {compact}, 2. Mid-field {attacking style), 3 Offense {coordination}

At this stage... i want our attacking-possessive soccer style back asap AND I specifically want the NFF to fire
Peseiro immediately and replace him with the combo of Siasia + Amunike.... !!

NFF ...PLEEEAAAAAAZZZEE SWALLOW YA PRIDE and HIRE THESE 2 GUYS !!
========================================================
Chance favors da prepared mind...ALWAYS !!
Last edited by kash n' karry on Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bunda
Egg
Egg
Re: SAY NO 2 FOREIGN COACHES, WE HV A LEGION OF PRO EX-PLAYERS !!

Post by bunda »

what have we. won with our attacking style ???
WE NEED TO PLAY PRAGMATIC -NON COWARDLY FOOTBALL
STRONG DEFENSE AND MIDFIELD AND A CLINICAL ATTACK
we have lost 5 AFCON FINALS
Giant of Africa with only 3 Afcon titles -
we have under achieved BIG TIME!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

bunda wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:41 am what have we. won with our attacking style ???
We only won 3 AFCONS. Our "pragmatic" style has got us a bronze and a silver
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

bunda wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:41 am what have we. won with our attacking style ???
With our attacking style we have won an Olympic gold and Olympic silver, gotten to the Junior U-20 WC finals twice, won 5-6 U=17 WC and won like say 11 women's AFCON titles .... So, no doubt the attacking style with a mid-field's heavy possession are our truest identities :???:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Let's be careful with this idea of wanting the coach fired. I don't think coach Peseiro did bad in this AFCON tournament.

Stronger teams which were thought by the bookmakers to win the trophy, didn't make it to the level we did. Thus, granted we didn't win the Cup, we didn't do bad either
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
bunda
Egg
Egg

Post by bunda »

what have we won at the senior mens level ie World Cup or AFCON
you do realise that the olympic gold has never been taken seriously???
we have a measly three nations cup to our name -we are level with cote divoire now on afcon wins
other African countries have gone further in the World Cup than we have
let that sink in
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Odas wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:48 am Let's be careful with this idea of wanting the coach fired. I don't think coach Peseiro did bad in this AFCON tournament.

Stronger teams which were thought by the bookmakers to win the trophy, didn't make it to the level we did. Thus, granted we didn't win the Cup, we didn't do bad either
I'm happy with getting to the final. My worry is about the WCQ. We won't qualify with Peseiro. We had 1-8 in shots on goal vs CIV. He will play defensively against SA in June.
bunda
Egg
Egg

Post by bunda »

what have we won at the senior mens level ie World Cup or AFCON???
you do realise that age grade competitions are seen as a means to an end by elite footballing countries???
we have a measly three nations cup to our name -we are level with cote divoire now on afcon wins
bottom line we have under performed where it ultimately counts -at the senior mens level!!
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:52 am
Odas wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:48 am Let's be careful with this idea of wanting the coach fired. I don't think coach Peseiro did bad in this AFCON tournament.

I'm happy with getting to the final. My worry is about the WCQ. We won't qualify with Peseiro. We had 1-8 in shots on goal vs CIV. He will play defensively against SA in June.
South Africa will be waiting for a sweet revenge on us in June ...their FA Chairman Daanny Jordan has marked that date out against us ...thus qualifying for the WC is not set in stone Ooo... !!

This lose ...pains me to bones considering the number of times we have been to the finals of the AFCON !!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

bunda wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:54 am what have we won at the senior mens level ie World Cup or AFCON???
you do realise that age grade competitions are seen as a means to an end by elite footballing countries???
bottom line we have under performed where it ultimately counts -at the senior mens level!!
Show me an AFCON final where we had fewer shots on goal. If we keep Peseiro we won't make it to the world cup
bunda
Egg
Egg

Post by bunda »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:04 am
bunda wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:54 am what have we won at the senior mens level ie World Cup or AFCON???
Show me an AFCON final where we had fewer shots on goal. If we keep Peseiro we won't make it to the world cup
Exactly he is a limited passive coach
This game was there to be won
bunda
Egg
Egg

Post by bunda »

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

So have a mediocre Ivorien team, for all intents and purposes.
Ghana has won 4, Cameroon has won 5 and Egypt have won 7.
Giants of Africa or perenial losers?
aruako1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:42 am
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Aruako

But for all the positive style before this AFCON including using two strikers, this ream was decidedly piss poor losing even at home. If you are to focus on team structure, it is that very defensive structure that took Nigeria to an unlikely AFCON final. For me the blame lies on the players who may have been thinking of the trophy instead of first doing the hardwork. How can you explain how lethargic the players were most of this game? Was it the formation that made them lethargic? Always late to balls? No energy! Nothing.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
bunda
Egg
Egg

Post by bunda »

Otitokoro wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:45 am So have a mediocre Ivorien team, for all intents and purposes.
Exactly
We need to change our strategic and tactical philosophy
We have underachieved on the continental and global level
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

bunda wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:40 am
He doesn't look passive to me ...he looks clueless in controlling the mid-field and coordinating his offense in consonance with the mid-field.
There are too much gaps between players in the mid-field, which give our opponents all the room and time to intercept our passing lanes !! Peseiro should have noticed that a more compact mid-field will keep opponents from penetrating deep into our defenses consistently.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Gives you the exact same defensive solidity as 343

But it gives you a solid midfield. It gives Iwobi the ability to create and not get tired doing dirty work.

It utilizes our strength of strikers. Any front 2 of

Osimehn, Lookman

Osimehn, Nacho

Osimehn, Moffi

The thing is that 352 gets rid of one of our wingers, who were the most ineffective of our players anyways.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:52 am

The lack of strength in midfield of our team will continue to haund us until it's fixed. We need 'combative' midfielders, the type which will pursue whoever has the ball without stopping.

They say we have several of such players around the world, so let's hurry-up and get them into our team. We need them quickly, else this same thing will happen again.

Having said the above, I must state Ayo Akinfe alluded to what happened to us today and for me, I think we should have SWITCHED to the 3-5-2 formation after the halftime break. The switch would have confused the Ivorians and destabilize them.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

Otitokoro wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:45 am So have a mediocre Ivorien team, for all intents and purposes.
Our identity is attacking style football with maintaining and controlling the mid-field ...SIMPLE !! :scared:
Heavily defensive style game is playing NOT to lose, AKA ...baba Onigbinde's old guard approach
That is why when we even leading by 1-0 in a finals against an inferior team .. we couldn't open up and get
into our attacking game mindset for only 45 minutes to glory... what a gaaddammnn horror and traumatic shiiittt !! :woot:

The first markings of a good coach is one who knows how to control the mid-field !! Truuuuthhhh !!!!! :blink:

Peseiro and Amajuuu ...pleeeeaazzee both of y'all be gone asap... USELESS peoples !! :blink:
Aaaaaggghhh gaaaddammmn itt... wherez my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chics ? :mrgreen:
Agbako
Egg
Egg
Re: SAY NO to AMAJU & FOREIGN COACHES, WE HV A LEGION OF PRO EX-PLAYERS !!

Post by Agbako »

kash n' karry wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:37 am :evil: :twisted:
At this stage. its time to say no to foreign coaches except they have a recent proven track record in 3 departments of the game

At this stage... i want our attacking-possessive soccer style back asap AND I specifically want the NFF to fire

Will they Listen? My country had been plagued for years of the least qualified leading us in all departments.
So the results is perennial underachievers.. How many AFCON finals have we been runners up now? How many 3rd Positions have we won so far? This is a complete joke...

Do the right thing NFF hire a Nigerian Coach and do the needful. You know our biggest problem is Midfield. Fix this shiit you knuckle heads,

Incase you all in that stonehouse and have no idea what a great Nigerian Midfielders you should be looking for look lke, let me help you.

Wilson Oruma
Mutiu Adpoju
SundayOliseh
Thompson Oliha
Ogenyi Onazi (A good coach & scout will be searchig the globe for such talent)

These Two Below will be very unreasonable to look for

Mikel Obi
JJ Okocha.

So someone wants to tell me we cant find some replica Nigerian footballers like these above?.

Its the most insulting thing to our Football when I see a player call Aribo wearng our #10 Jersey. Na who swear for us self?

Can someone please do a huge Sacrifice to that person to reverse these self curses
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

Agbako wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:49 pm

Will they Listen? My country had been plagued for years of the least qualified leading us in all departments.
So the results is perennial underachievers.. How many AFCON finals have we been runners up now? How many 3rd Positions have we won so far? This is a complete joke...

Do the right thing NFF hire a Nigerian Coach and do the needful. You know our biggest problem is Midfield. Fix this shiit you knuckle heads,

Incase you all in that stonehouse and have no idea what a great Nigerian Midfielders you should be looking for look lke, let me help you.

Wilson Oruma
Mutiu Adpoju
SundayOliseh
Thompson Oliha

Mikel Obi
JJ Okocha.

So someone wants to tell me we cant find some replica Nigerian footballers like these above?.

Its the most insulting thing to our Football when I see a player call Aribo wearng our #10 Jersey. Na who swear for us self?

Can someone please do a huge Sacrifice to that person to reverse these self curses
My brother ... i think where we lost it was when we stopped playing our soccer games in Lagos !!

Every team used to be scared of Nigeria {except for Cameroun} and even Amokachi and the likes during their playing days will scream in the locker rooms all just in order to intimidate our opponents who are hearing their noises.

Even the Super Falcons had this intimidating attitude and carried it into the games in the earlier portions of their formations The USA team when they had a 1st crack at our Super Falcons admitted to being scared of our team !!

I think we need to bring that Lagos home games swag back.. . these were are old true identities of which our foreign players have lost.... YESSS national stadium is bad BUT we can use Teslim Balogun stadium !!

Our old players need to address the SE true character and we need to start playing our home games back in Lagos.

NOTES :::
1. Our players whether foreign or local on any Super Eagles re-orientatation by our old players... I am gonna search our Amokachi and tell him to bring this attitude back to our SE team if i can Ooo !! :thumbs:

2. Federal govt. need to bring back the National Stadium {Lagos} AND the Liberty Stadium {the 1st stadium in Africa}.

3. We have a slew of old ex- players who can coach the team and we have to look in that direction .. if NOT
then we
should
4. We employ foreign coach who are ONLY from Holland, we had modeled our game after Holland's for a generation as they play some of the most beautiful styles of soccer ever !! This is why we had Westerhoff and Bonfrere.. who both won the AFCON and the Olympic Gold for us respectively !!!
============================================================
Aaaaggghhh gaaddammnn itt ... Wherez my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chics ? :mrgreen:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

kash n' karry wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:32 pm
Agbako wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:49 pm

Wilson Oruma
Mutiu Adpoju
SundayOliseh
Thompson Oliha

Mikel Obi
JJ Okocha.

My brother ... i think where we lost it was when we stopped playing our soccer games in Lagos !!

Every team used to be scared of Nigeria {except for Cameroun} and even Amokachi and the likes during their playing days will scream in the locker rooms all just in order to intimidate our opponents who are hearing their noises.

Even the Super Falcons had this intimidating attitude and carried it into the games in the earlier portions of their formations The USA team when they had a 1st crack at our Super Falcons admitted to being scared of our team !!

I think we need to bring that Lagos home games swag back.. . these were are old true identities of which our foreign players have lost.... YESSS national stadium is bad BUT we can use Teslim Balogun stadium !!

Our old players need to address the SE true character and we need to start playing our home games back in Lagos.

NOTES :::
1. Our players whether foreign or local on any Super Eagles re-orientatation by our old players... I am gonna search our Amokachi and tell him to bring this attitude back to our SE team if i can Ooo !! :thumbs:

2. Federal govt. need to bring back the National Stadium {Lagos} AND the Liberty Stadium {the 1st stadium in Africa}.

3. We have a slew of old ex- players who can coach the team and we have to look in that direction .. if NOT
then we
should
4. We employ foreign coach who are ONLY from Holland, we had modeled our game after Holland's for a generation as they play some of the most beautiful styles of soccer ever !! This is why we had Westerhoff and Bonfrere.. who both won the AFCON and the Olympic Gold for us respectively !!!
============================================================
Aaaaggghhh gaaddammnn itt ... Wherez my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chics ? :mrgreen:
Sorry Sir.
You’re living on nostalgia.
I take it you are of a ‘respectable’ age, so everything from the past is “the best”.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bell
Egg
Egg
Re: SAY NO to AMAJU & FOREIGN COACHES, WE have LEGIONS OF PRO EX-PLAYERS !!

Post by Bell »

THE ONLY REASON NEEDED IS THAT...

...Nigeria badly needs a Nigerian. That's all, anything else being superfluous. What an embarassment to have a foreigner roaming the sidelines before the world to confirm that Nigerians have no self-confidence, pride or ability to develop homegrown coaches. What has the country achieved with all these FC's? Can't they see how Senegal and now CIV have won it all using their own coaches while sending FC's packing? Other countries with local coaches may not have made it to the later stages but you can see the quality of their teams. But Nigeria must have its FC. You'd expect it to be showing the continent the way forward instead it is perpetuating an attitude of dependency. Shame on the NFF and shame on those who suport FC's.
Bell