Why do our politicians constantly go visit the team in the dressing room during a tournament

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Why do our politicians constantly go visit the team in the dressing room during a tournament

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Why ? We do this every time, last AFCON , now the VP etc. For me it is distracting , stop visiting the players in the dressing room, this is a very bad habit
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Why do our politicians constantly go visit the team in the dressing room during a tournament

Post by Enugu II »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:49 am Why ? We do this every time, last AFCON , now the VP etc. For me it is distracting , stop visiting the players in the dressing room, this is a very bad habit
It is really an annoying tradition. They really think it is the thing to do. If they do not do it, it will be interpreted as not caring about the team.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Showboy
Egg
Egg
Re: Why do our politicians constantly go visit the team in the dressing room during a tournament

Post by Showboy »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:49 am Why ? We do this every time, last AFCON , now the VP etc. For me it is distracting , stop visiting the players in the dressing room, this is a very bad habit
Why? Its called one-upmanship :evil:
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I’m not sure any other country does that. Like E11 pointed out, it’s annoying that we keep doing it every time!
I am happy
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

But Nigerian culture in general favours position over process. Western societies favour process over position.

So it makes sense in Nigeria to always put your face everywhere even if it disrupts the process. Nigerian leaders are closer to traditional monarchs than elected public officials.

Our leaders behave like Kings and Cheiftains.

In the West, politicians are treated like nobodies by the public for the most part.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Penarity
Egg
Egg

Post by Penarity »

Tbite wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:43 am But Nigerian culture in general favours position over process. Western societies favour process over position.

So it makes sense in Nigeria to always put your face everywhere even if it disrupts the process. Nigerian leaders are closer to traditional monarchs than elected public officials.

Our leaders behave like Kings and Cheiftains.

In the West, politicians are treated like nobodies by the public for the most part.
Tbite, you could not have said it any better. Also, we have useless leaders. Corruption, insecurity, currency becoming useless by the day, yet he chose to spend almost a week in Abidjan doing next to nothing. Did his boss not spend two weeks in Paris recently, too? Almost everything that can be wrong with a country is wrong with Nigeria.
There is nothing to learn from someone who already agrees with you.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Agreed, the changing rooms is a sacred place for the players and staff (coaches, physio, etc) only especially in the build up to a game, there is no need for distraction, including a former player unless he has been invited to give out team shirts and give a pep talk or someting
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.