Pasero What went wrong here is my analysis

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Jmal
Egg
Egg
Pasero What went wrong here is my analysis

Post by Jmal »

pasero did crime on Chidozie Awaziem

why he did not change system to 4 3 3 and bought back Awaziem remember he did well before as right back under Gernot Rohr

Half time changes nowhere to be seen

Stanley Nwabili

Awaziem William Troost Kenneth Omeruo Calvin Bassey

Raphael Onyedika Alhassan Yusuf Frank Onyeka

Moses Simon Victor Osimhen Ademola Lookman
Last edited by Jmal on Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Pasero What went wrong here is my analysis

Post by Lolly »

Some of you guys never watched Awaziem’s recent games with the SE. Make una continue.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Lolly wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:55 am Some of you guys never watched Awaziem’s recent games with the SE. Make una continue.
I'm sure the coach had watched him. Why did he select him in the squad?
Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

Lolly wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:55 am Some of you guys never watched Awaziem’s recent games with the SE. Make una continue.
i'm sure he is good defender ivory coast put so many crosses in, even blind man could see it was needed fresh more solid defenders and midfielders to secure the lead goal,
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:12 am
I don't have anything against him but the coach who has seen him close up in training over the last 18 months selected Ajayi, Ekong, Bassey and Omeruo above him for a reason.

He was selected as a backup central defender and he is righty ranked number 5 out of 5. That is where he belongs.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Lolly wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:05 am
I don't have anything against him but the coach who has seen him close up in training over the last 18 months selected Ajayi, Ekong, Bassey and Omeruo above him for a reason.

He was selected as a backup central defender and he is righty ranked number 5 out of 5. That is where he belongs.
I'm not disputing your statement. I was just wondering why Peseiro selected players (Awaziem is not the only one) that he could not trust
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:24 pm

I'm not disputing your statement. I was just wondering why Peseiro selected players (Awaziem is not the only one) that he could not trust
He selected the best out of the lot (Musa is an exception). Sometimes reserves don't get games when you don't need them on the pitch.

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Lolly wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:59 pm

He selected the best out of the lot (Musa is an exception). Sometimes reserves don't get games when you don't need them on the pitch.
It doesn’t explain why our starters had the highest individual minutes played of all the semi finalists. Most teams in tournaments have better squad utilisation
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Now you are being dishonest. He had 1 year to build a team on merit and refused. He literally waited until December to get Nwabali and I am sure you'd have said "he selected the best out of the lot". if Nwabali was never invited and Uzoho was the number 1 :lol: Please lets be honest.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:19 pm

It doesn’t explain why our starters had the highest individual minutes played of all the semi finalists. Most teams in tournaments have better squad utilisation
Yeaaaaap…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

The terrifying thing about Paseiro is you could see him getting outcoached successfully in slow motion as he's rigid. S. Africa did it but he didn't heed the warning. CIV took SA's playbook with Adingra and Aina having a bad day at the office. Aina was getting caught out up field by a player that didn't worry much about defending bcos we sat back and invited the pressure. Leading up to 2nd goal they threw men forward, man to man 5 guys occupying all of our back 5, with crosses coming in, it was only a matter of time, all frustratingly happened in slow motion.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:13 pm

Yeaaaaap…
CIV coach says that’s why they won

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3PjcIPomv3 ... FlZA%3D%3D
We noticed the Nigerian players were tired in the first half. They were not at their
usual best.
I told my players during the half-time break that we must increase the intensity of our game and it worked out well
for us.
EMERSE FAE
IVORY COAST COACH
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:04 pm
maceo4 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:13 pm

Yeaaaaap…
CIV coach says that’s why they won

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3PjcIPomv3 ... FlZA%3D%3D
We noticed the Nigerian players were tired in the first half. They were not at their
usual best.
I told my players during the half-time break that we must increase the intensity of our game and it worked out well
for us.
EMERSE FAE
IVORY COAST COACH
Absolutely spot-on fresh legs and more energy was needed players like Raphael Onyedika Alhassan Yusuf Frank Onyeka Awaziem William Troost Kenneth Omeruo if he introduced early after William Troost goal that would changed the dynamic of the game 4 sure,
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

this is the person you wish to continue as coach?
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I don't think Awazeim has the pace to keep up with Adingra.

Hindsight is 20-20. An option could have been to take off Chuwkueze and bring on Osayi-Samuel to play on the right wing since he can play as a FB or winger
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

felarey wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:58 pm The terrifying thing about Paseiro is you could see him getting outcoached successfully in slow motion as he's rigid. S. Africa did it but he didn't heed the warning. CIV took SA's playbook with Adingra and Aina having a bad day at the office. Aina was getting caught out up field by a player that didn't worry much about defending bcos we sat back and invited the pressure. Leading up to 2nd goal they threw men forward, man to man 5 guys occupying all of our back 5, with crosses coming in, it was only a matter of time, all frustratingly happened in slow motion.
:evil: :twisted:
Nice analysis also, the mid-field had too many gaping holes. Our player's spacings were lazily and frustratingly standing 13 to 18 ft apart {instead of a compact 7-10 ft apart}, which provided the Ivorians ample time to move into passing lanes to intercept our passes. Already it was bad enough that many of our passes where short :blink:

Psychologically, our boys looked lethargic, confused and even scared in many instances as though they were all under a spell. When the equalizer came, our "RIGID" Peseiro coulda made some changes after about 5-10 mins of our same old lethargic tempo. 50-50 aerial balls and on the pitch rolling balls were lost due to unexplained distractions :woot:

The most painful observation here is that their goal keeper was hardly never tested, maybe Peseiro and our boys thought a 1-1 draw {up until that disastrous 80 minute} could be protected into the penalty shoot outs, for a defeat with their poor goal keeper. But penalties are no guarantees {as we saw with South Africa} AND as a rewind back, a 1 goal lead is too slim a margin to be playing a lazy bail out defensive game :???:

We totally played down to the competition but shoulda known better that even against a weak opponent like CIV, there were atleast 3 motivating sparks for them {which our coach shoulda have psychologically been wary of}... these are as follows.. ..
1. We beat them earlier at the rounds stages.. thus, they had revenge & grudge on their minds
2. They were playing at home in front of their wholesome support of fans
3. They are playing in the finals, the luck that pushed them to that point is a momentum that was ever increasing up to their last game.

The whole thing still hurts bcos i still can't find answers as to how a team can play its worst game of its tournament in the very finals of that same tournament, except ofcourse if they were indeed "Juju-fied" or "bewitched" :drool:
==================================================================
Aaagghhhh gaaddammmn itt....wherez my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chics ? :mrgreen:
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

kash n' karry wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:20 am
felarey wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:58 pm The terrifying thing about Paseiro is you could see him getting outcoached successfully in slow motion as he's rigid. S. Africa did it but he didn't heed the warning. CIV took SA's playbook with Adingra and Aina having a bad day at the office. Aina was getting caught out up field by a player that didn't worry much about defending bcos we sat back and invited the pressure. Leading up to 2nd goal they threw men forward, man to man 5 guys occupying all of our back 5, with crosses coming in, it was only a matter of time, all frustratingly happened in slow motion.
Nice analysis also, the mid-field had too many gaping holes. Our player's spacings were lazily and frustratingly standing 13 to 20 ft apart {instead of a compact 7- 10 ft apart}, which provided the Ivorians ample time to move into passing lanes to intercept our passes. Already it was bad enough that many of our passes where short :blink:

Psychologically, our boys looked lethargic, confused and even scared in many instances as though they were all under a spell. When the equalizer came, our "RIGID" Peseiro coulda made some changes after about 5-10 mins of our same old lethargic tempo. 50-50 aerial balls and on the pitch rolling balls were lost due to unexplained distractions :woot:

The most painful observation here is that their goal keeper was hardly never tested, maybe Peseiro and our boys thought a 1-1 draw {up until that disastrous 80 minute} could be protected into the penalty shoot outs, for a defeat with their poor goal keeper. But penalties are no guarantees {as we saw with South Africa} AND as a rewind back, a 1 goal lead is too slim a margin to be playing a lazy bail out defensive game :???:

We totally played down to the competition but shoulda known better that even against a weak opponent like CIV, there were atleast 3 motivating sparks for them {which our coach shoulda have psychologically been wary of}... these are as follows.. ..
1. We beat them earlier at the rounds stages.. thus, they had revenge & grudge on their minds
2. They were playing at home in front of their wholesome support of fans
3. They are playing in the finals, the luck that pushed them to that point is a momentum that was ever increasing up to their last game.

The whole thing still hurts bcos i still can't find answers as to how a team can play its worst game of its tournament in the very finals of that same tournament, except ofcourse if they were indeed "Juju-fied" or "bewitched" :drool:
==================================================================
Aaagghhhh gaaddammmn itt....wherez my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chics ? :mrgreen:
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

The fire left Peserio once he accomplished his contractual, semi-final target. Phew, just made it. Everything else is extra.

Peserio actually said his team was the underdog going into the final. This to a team you beat in the group stage. The psychological, and tactical preparation of the coach going into the final was poor, and it rubbed unto the players. Sit back in a goddamn final, and give up 63% possession. It is expected that CIV would be highly motivated as they were playing a final match at home, but to concede that much possession? It essentially became a training match for CIV. Peserio only woke up after Nigeria conceded the 2nd goal.

I guess the final summed up his approach for the entire tournament. Sit back, and hit on the counter. No intentional plans on the way forward.
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

OJI wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:41 am The fire left Peserio once he accomplished his contractual, semi-final target. Phew, just made it. Everything else is extra.

Peserio actually said his team was the underdog going into the final. This to a team you beat in the group stage. The psychological, and tactical preparation of the coach going into the final was poor, and it rubbed unto the players. Sit back in a goddamn final, and give up 63% possession. It is expected that CIV would be highly motivated as they were playing a final match at home, but to concede that much possession? It essentially became a training match for CIV. Peserio only woke up after Nigeria conceded the 2nd goal.

I guess the final summed up his approach for the entire tournament. Sit back, and hit on the counter. No intentional plans on the way forward.
Can you imagine ... that nasty gaaddammmnnn statement ....he should be flogged for that inference !! :scared:
Abeg from now on what the NFF should tell any new coaches is that winning any tournament is the aim of participating !!
And your contractual agreement SHOULD depend on not only inspiring results but on how you fair in these 7 departments
1. Defense, 2. Mid-field, 3. Offense, 4. Substitution/in-game management 5. Player psychology/motivation, 6. Coaching aims/goals, 7. Training regimens & team discipline

These are real assessments here which will provide better yields ... Charity begins from home, the NFF have to aim higher in order to expect the coach to aim higher and in turn.. . in order to expect the best performance and results from the players as a trickle down effect here.
If you aim to get an" A asterik" at all times THEN you will end up getting a "A" or an "A minu"s most times
But when you aim to get atleast a "B" at all times THEN you will end up getting a "C" or "C plus" most times !! :woot:

There is not excuse not to expect an "A asteri " with Nigerian soccer bcos we have a fleet legion of players in many of the best leagues in Europe and we also have our old pro players to tele-guide our players with pep talks when representing the country bcos these old players have been there and done that before !!

I personally think Tinubu given our all the goodies for playing woeful AFCON finals like we did is an abject negative reinforcement of mediocrity. The boys should have been given stuff but not to that extent... However, they should have been made to realize that frankly ... they fvcked up big time and will NOT be slapped on the wrist !! :scared:
===========================================================================
Aaaagghhh gaaddammnn itt.... whererz my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chc ? :mrgreen: