Alex Iwobi to retire from the SE?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Alex Iwobi to retire from the SE?

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Alex Iwobi to retire from the SE?

Post by ohenhen1 »

If he wants to retire. I will wish him well. But if he comee back. He has to play better and grow a spine.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

A shame that we are hounding out one of our most committed players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

The guy did his best and had a pretty good tournament. These players need some type of training on how to deal with trolls. Why would you allow some mumu who can't walk up a flight of stairs without being winded hound you out of the SE?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

He should retire.
Enough is enough.
You did very well this tournament. Hold your head high. You are a baller. :thumbs:
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

I hope he doesn't, he is a good player and should take the good with the bad.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Retire at 27 because of this??? If true, Alex needs to stop being a pussie.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:57 pm this is the loser who attacked Iwobi
https://www.instagram.com/p/C3QTpFAtwlf/
https://www.instagram.com/scott_iguma/?hl=en
BIgpokey,

Who the heck is that guy? Perhaps, he does not understand football. Alex has given his sweat and blood for Nigerian colors and has done so for a long period. Look , I am not against fans sharing their opinions about players but those who fail to understand the game can really be nauseating. What exactly does this guy want Alex to do given Alex's role on the team?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bigpokey,

Who the heck is that guy? Perhaps, he does not understand football. Alex has given his sweat and blood for Nigerian colors and has done so for a long period. Look , I am not against fans sharing their opinions about players but those who fail to understand the game can really be nauseating. What exactly does this guy want Alex to do given Alex's role on the team?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

felarey wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:06 pm Retire at 27 because of this??? If true, Alex needs to stop being a pussie.
He faced the same thing 2 years ago
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

felarey wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:06 pm Retire at 27 because of this??? If true, Alex needs to stop being a pussie.
Thats insensitive.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:15 pm
Bigpokey,

The guy has a right to be an angel*, he’s a fan not part of the team or anyone of significance. Peeps do that here all the time. It’s Iwobi we need to be concerned about. He’s entitled to control comments on his posts like everyone but to give up a international career bcos of this, naaayy!
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

ANC wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:19 pm
Thats insensitive.
A professional footballer playing for his country has definitely been through worse. English boy for that matter playing in the EPL. Alex needs to calm down. These are not posts from the sports ministry nor NFF. But a fan dats probably back at his day job (if he has one) cat calling omoges on the street. I would tell Alex to his face to stop being a pussie.

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

felarey wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:26 pm
Bigpokey,

The guy has a right to be an angel*, he’s a fan not part of the team or anyone of significance. Peeps do that here all the time. It’s Iwobi we need to be concerned about. He’s entitled to control comments on his posts like everyone but to give up a international career bcos of this, naaayy!
But these players are not robots, they are human. They can't always be these perfect humans we want them to be from the day they sign a contract. We don't know what was said to him on those posts.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:39 pm
Bigpokey,

But these players are not robots, they are human. They can't always be these perfect humans we want them to be from the day they sign a contract. We don't know what was said to him on those posts.
Come on now! What has he heard that he's not heard from Everton fans? Or even Assanal fans?? Nobody can kick him harder than himself. Does one fan or a few fans constitute Nigerian fans?? See the yeye guy, a fan living the privilege like you and I. Probaby sucking on pure water sachets after a bout of ofada rice and kunu. A nonentity being made a legend in his own right.

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

felarey wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:48 pm
Bigpokey,

Come on now! What has he heard that he's not heard from Everton fans? Or even Assanal fans?? Nobody can kick him harder than himself. Does one fan or a few fans constitute Nigerian fans?? See the yeye guy, a fan living the privilege like you and I. Probaby sucking on pure water sachets after a bout of ofada rice and kunu. A nonentity being made a legend in his own right.
Maybe it hurts more because the SE means more to him.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:53 pm
Bigpokey,

Ok. But it's looking more like he skipped social media training at his clubs, maybe it needs to be added to his development plan. The SE should really mean more to him. It's his sacrifice that has allowed fans to run our mouths. He plays, so we can talk. We thank him for his service.

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

felarey wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:12 pm
Bigpokey,

Ok. But it's looking more like he skipped social media training at his clubs, maybe it needs to be added to his development plan. The SE should really mean more to him. It's his sacrifice that has allowed fans to run our mouths. He plays, so we can talk. We thank him for his service.
No amount of social media training prepares anyone for some of the vilest abuse. I hope he stays on, but if he doesn't, I'll understand
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:18 pm

Bigpokey,

No amount of social media training prepares anyone for some of the vilest abuse. I hope he stays on, but if he doesn't, I'll understand
You're prepared to understand that Alex Iwobi left SE because of a fan abuse on social media??? Come on naw! Eniwe, sorry Alex if you're so hurt, perhaps text Michelle Alozie if you still talk to her. Two ewus together ruining my days as a fan of Naija footy, I have suffered a lot! :taunt: Alozie will know about dealing with a loss you should have won....now I need to stop being a fan and be more sensitive... :D

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

felarey wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:24 pm
aruako1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:18 pm
You're prepared to understand that Alex Iwobi left SE because of a fan abuse on social media??? Come on naw! Eniwe, sorry Alex if you're so hurt, perhaps text Michelle Alozie if you still talk to her. Two ewus together ruining my days as a fan of Naija footy, I have suffered a lot! :taunt: Alozie will know about dealing with a loss you should have won....now I need to stop being a fan and be more sensitive... :D
We don't know that he has left yet but vile abuse is enough for him to call time on the SE project.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

this dude will soon get a visit from the law, bobo don enter big trouble.
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles