Can Anyone Guess Where CIV did their pre-tournament Camp?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Can Anyone Guess Where CIV did their pre-tournament Camp?

Post by Damunk »

chief nfachairman wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:46 am I don't send Peseiro. Ive always felt he didnt deserve to be the SE coach.

I watched the SEE all through the group stage and knockout but i refused to watch the final because I got mentally fatigue with watching the SE playing Jangbulaye, defensive, high work rate football. No skill, no coordinated attack.

Infact, it was seeing the lack of creativity and initiative in the aatack that made me loose interest in watching the final match.

Would have been nice for Nigeria to win the cup BUT WE DIDNT DESERVE THAT CUP!!!

anyway, the cup is not even fine sef. :roll:
Chief, welcome.
We’ve missed you.
How bodi?

Are you one of those that now spend their football time on WhatsApp?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Damunk wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:46 am
chief nfachairman wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:46 am I don't send Peseiro. Ive always felt he didnt deserve to be the SE coach.

I watched the SEE all through the group stage and knockout but i refused to watch the final because I got mentally fatigue with watching the SE playing Jangbulaye, defensive, high work rate football. No skill, no coordinated attack.

Infact, it was seeing the lack of creativity and initiative in the aatack that made me loose interest in watching the final match.

Would have been nice for Nigeria to win the cup BUT WE DIDNT DESERVE THAT CUP!!!

Chief, welcome.
We’ve missed you.
How bodi?

Are you one of those that now spend their football time on WhatsApp?

My brother.
Body dey o... Yours?

I spend my football time at the stadium with my academy and football team. 1 plays in the NNL and the other a Private League.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Monday morning quarterbacking. Where did they hold their pre-tournament camp when we beat them in the group stage? Where did the other 6 teams we beat or drew with on the way to the final hold their camps? CIV won primarily because they wete playing at home, period.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Cellular wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:11 am
danfo driver wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:16 pm Can anyone guess? Where did CIV camp and acclimatize?
Where they did their camp had nothing to do with them winning the cup.

They won the cup because they changed their coach and used a coach who played the players where they were supposed to play and be effective playing there.

They rotated their squad much better than we did ours.

That semi-final game against South Africa took more out of us than we realized. And they rightfully took full advantage.
you guys really underestimate the fighting spirit and togetherness theat Ivorien team had after firing the previous coach. Their win against Mali was pure grit. not skills, not talent. Just grind and keep fighting. Pure effort display.

Nigeria, strangely, was too organized to get in and play proper fight style football. We got down 2-1 in the final, and needed to fight and claw, and we still couldn't.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

1naija wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:56 am Monday morning quarterbacking. Where did they hold their pre-tournament camp when we beat them in the group stage? Where did the other 6 teams we beat or drew with on the way to the final hold their camps? CIV won primarily because they wete playing at home, period.
Your point is valid. But the fact they were beaten silly at home in two other games puts a huge hole in your argument.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

amafolas wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:03 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:16 pm Can anyone guess? Where did CIV camp and acclimatize?

They won the cup because they changed their coach and used a coach who played the players where they were supposed to play and be effective playing there.

That semi-final game against South Africa took more out of us than we realized. And they rightfully took full advantage.
you guys really underestimate the fighting spirit and togetherness theat Ivorien team had after firing the previous coach. Their win against Mali was pure grit. not skills, not talent. Just grind and keep fighting. Pure effort display.

Nigeria, strangely, was too organized to get in and play proper fight style football. We got down 2-1 in the final, and needed to fight and claw, and we still couldn't.
Doc, I am sorry. You are usually on the money with your assessment.
This whole loss was down to squad mismanagement, and poor game substitution strategy.
I am still trying to wrap my head around why Lookman was substituted!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Ivory Coast did their pre tournament camp at home in CIV!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Ivory Coast did their pre tournament camp at home in CIV!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Fae is a local coach.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
dolapomichael
Egg
Egg

Post by dolapomichael »

Ivory coast win is an anomaly. They were not the best team. They won based on passion and will to win. All the team they played bar the semi final and final were better than them. Their Coach did not bring any technical or tactical reorganization. The win papered a lot of cracks that might unfold during the world cup qualifiers. The only thing to learn from their win is how to dig deep when your backs are against the wall. The team I am interested in is Mali.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

ANC wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:30 pm
amafolas wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:03 pm

Doc, I am sorry. You are usually on the money with your assessment.
This whole loss was down to squad mismanagement, and poor game substitution strategy.
I am still trying to wrap my head around why Lookman was substituted!
And it is not like we didn't point it out while the tournament was going on.

This was a winnable tournament once we got to the finals, hence the massive disappointment.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

lose not loose, you still refuse to hear word...smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

U mean they acclamitized and lost 4-0?

Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

ANC wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:27 pm
1naija wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:56 am Monday morning quarterbacking. Where did they hold their pre-tournament camp when we beat them in the group stage? Where did the other 6 teams we beat or drew with on the way to the final hold their camps? CIV won primarily because they wete playing at home, period.
Your point is valid. But the fact they were beaten silly at home in two other games puts a huge hole in your argument.
It's difficult to beat a decent team at home twice in a row. CIV is a decent team, but not great. The first time you beat them would be a serious wake-up call, prompting a different approach when they play you again with the same home advantage.

For example, Cameroon took us by surprise in 2000. At that time, they had been a team in the doldrums for at least a decade while Nigeria was on the rise with AFCON and Olympic wins. Suddenly, they came out of nowhere to give us serious trouble in the final, leading to penalties. But had they defeated us in a group game in that competition, there would have been no way we would have lost to them again in the final.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes