Amuneke for Coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Amuneke for Coach

Post by danfo driver »

Otitokoro wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:43 pm Abi?
People just come here and talk anyhow.
Was he not part of the consortium of meathead coaches that blew our WC chance against a rag tag Ghanaian team?
Abegi!
Damunk wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:28 am
kali wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:24 am Nigeria should reappoint Amuneke coach of the Super Eagles. Out of the crop of ex players he is the most tactically astute and got the best out of Osihmen and Chukwueze.
What has he done lately?
Or is his only qualification his Nigerian passport?
Weytin do Finidi?

You wan cry.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Toxic Class of '94 led by Eguavoen :lol:

Nigerians are gluttons for punishment, with their head stuck deep in the sand. smh

Even Finidi, whom I like and advocated for years ago, is part of this coaching crew that has been horrendous for 1 year (I have not counted the AFCON). :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

kali wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:24 am Nigeria should reappoint Amuneke coach of the Super Eagles. Out of the crop of ex players he is the most tactically astute and got the best out of Osihmen and Chukwueze.
Wouldn't be a bad idea IMO
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The WOWO crew control the NFF and sports ministry. It will shock me if they hire Amuneke. Eguavon or Salisu is ahead of the pecking order in the minds of the NFF. The preferred choice is Peseiro for them. Then they will go for another journey man coach. Nigeria has talent. What they dont realize is the Egyptian coach had better tactics than Peseiro. But Egypt still didn't go past the 2nd round. You are as good as the talent. Nigeria players made him look good. When he was asked to change the game in the final. He couldnt do anything.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

:evil: :twisted:
Amunike or Sia ONE ...any day.. .. Peseiro please be gone asap, you have broken our hearts and it is irrepairable !! :scared:
=============================================
Aaaaagghh gaddaammnn ittt ... Wherez my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chics ? :mrgreen:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kash n' karry wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:01 pm :evil: :twisted:
Amunike or Sia ONE ...any day.. .. Peseiro please be gone asap, you have broken our hearts and it is irrepairable !! :scared:
=============================================
Aaaaagghh gaddaammnn ittt ... Wherez my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chics ? :mrgreen:
would you like to comment on the corruption, for which Siasia was suspended? or nah? :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

Otitokoro wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:43 pm Abi?
People just come here and talk anyhow.
Was he not part of the consortium of meathead coaches that blew our WC chance against a rag tag Ghanaian team?
Abegi!
Was his input/insights fully utilized?
After that non WC qualification misadventure, he made his grievances known.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

hmmmm biut we had a coach who did well in europe a few short moons ago ? cant tell me its only amuneke to consider ? I also think you cant consider "finidi" he is part of the pesa crew , unless you are "promoting " him which is in essence rewarding Pesa abi ? no be so ? realistically you cant say Finidi had no input in what we have had in the last one year, while not terrible , like amuneke ( sia one , salisu and Eguavon ) dem don all try can we find fresh blood to coach please ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:10 pm hmmmm biut we had a coach who did well in europe a few short moons ago ? cant tell me its only amuneke to consider ? I also think you cant consider "finidi" he is part of the pesa crew , unless you are "promoting " him which is in essence rewarding Pesa abi ? no be so ? realistically you cant say Finidi had no input in what we have had in the last one year, while not terrible , like amuneke ( sia one , salisu and Eguavon ) dem don all try can we find fresh blood to coach please ?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=316189
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

My short list would include..
Finidi
oliseh
Amuneke
Egbo
Yobo

The South African guy that did well at Al Ahly
The ex Egyptian coach Victoria

The current Angolan coach.

Ev

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:48 pm My short list would include..
Finidi
oliseh
Amuneke
Egbo
Yobo

Ev
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:54 pm
Finidi
oliseh
Amuneke
Egbo
Yobo

Ev

Will interview him. You never know. Always good to do due diligence. Some guys that don't get the job can be an assistant

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

we like punishment for nigeria
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:38 pm
Finidi
oliseh
Amuneke
Egbo
Yobo

Ev

Will interview him. You never know. Always good to do due diligence. Some guys that don't get the job can be an assistant
The Guardian or Punch or ThisDay can interview him to find out how retirement is going. That is the only interview he should be getting.

And I strongly believe that a coach should be allowed to appoint his own assistants.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:44 pm :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

we like punishment for nigeria
Na today? :rotf: :rotf:
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

Finidi
oliseh
Amuneke
Egbo
Yobo

Ev

Super Eagles is not a charity or make-a-wish opportunity
Some of you guys aren’t serious and a glutton for punishment
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

Finidi
oliseh
Amuneke
Egbo
Yobo

Ev

Due diligence works both ways. Just as much as the NFF should be preparing the Super Eagles for sustained success….Yobo should be doing the work towards being a championship caliber manager
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

goke313 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:43 am
Finidi
oliseh
Amuneke
Egbo
Yobo

Ev

Due diligence works both ways. Just as much as the NFF should be preparing the Super Eagles for sustained success….Yobo should be doing the work towards being a championship caliber manager
Why? Whats the point? When he can sit his bumbum in PortHarcourt, hanging around NFF, waiting for appointment, rather than taking up gainful employment to sharpen his tools?
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

aruako1 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:36 pm
packerland wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:46 pm
aruako1 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:39 am
Damunk wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:22 am
aruako1 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:13 am
Damunk wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:11 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:39 am

I heard Finidi was the architect of the 343, that he convinced Pesseiro to go defensive. May not be true but if we’re going to go local then Finidi is the only option. He has put in the work as a coach on the local level along with his international pedigree. I’d actually encourage the nff to hire Finidi and support him with top assistants.
I’d go with Finidi any day before Amuneke, who has had a shot already at the national team level and let’s be honest, didn’t make much of it.
He wouldn’t even make a SE shortlist of 30 if not for the fact that he has a Nigerian passport.
Fact.
He has national team coaching experience and he has coached the U-17s to a world cup. SobI think his name will always feature among local contenders.
Yep, key point bolded.
We are basically devoid of quality local options.
Scraping the barrel, basically.
Well when Keshi came on he had failed as under 20 coach. He had also lost out in AFCON first rounds with Togo and Mali even though he qualified the former for the WC so you would probablyhave said the same about him. Gareth Southgate was relegated with Middlesbrough.
I don’t mind Finidi if that is the route the NFF wants to go but Finidi has to do better than recommending Leke Ojo as our backup GK. Make him no full our squad with Enyimba players in the name of loyalty. Enyimba is not at the level of Memelodi Sundowns.
Leke Ojo is a decent goalkeeper but outside Mbaoma and Daga I don't see any other Enyimba players that can potentially be in the mix. I like Finidi but I am probably biased because I didn't like the way Enyimba played against Wydad. But then, that is not enough to count him out.
Is Leke Ojo better than Kingdom Osayi. Many people here think Osayi is better. What’s your say?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

packerland wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:31 am
aruako1 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:36 pm
packerland wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:46 pm
aruako1 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:39 am
Damunk wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:22 am
aruako1 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:13 am
Damunk wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:11 am
I’d go with Finidi any day before Amuneke, who has had a shot already at the national team level and let’s be honest, didn’t make much of it.
He wouldn’t even make a SE shortlist of 30 if not for the fact that he has a Nigerian passport.
Fact.
He has national team coaching experience and he has coached the U-17s to a world cup. SobI think his name will always feature among local contenders.
Yep, key point bolded.
We are basically devoid of quality local options.
Scraping the barrel, basically.
Well when Keshi came on he had failed as under 20 coach. He had also lost out in AFCON first rounds with Togo and Mali even though he qualified the former for the WC so you would probablyhave said the same about him. Gareth Southgate was relegated with Middlesbrough.
I don’t mind Finidi if that is the route the NFF wants to go but Finidi has to do better than recommending Leke Ojo as our backup GK. Make him no full our squad with Enyimba players in the name of loyalty. Enyimba is not at the level of Memelodi Sundowns.
Leke Ojo is a decent goalkeeper but outside Mbaoma and Daga I don't see any other Enyimba players that can potentially be in the mix. I like Finidi but I am probably biased because I didn't like the way Enyimba played against Wydad. But then, that is not enough to count him out.
Is Leke Ojo better than Kingdom Osayi. Many people here think Osayi is better. What’s your say?
I haven't seen Kingdom except in some clips. But I have watched Leke a few times. So while I can say that Leke is good, I can't comment on Kingdom.