Ndubuisi Egbo: Time To Bring Him Home

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ndubuisi Egbo: Time To Bring Him Home

Post by danfo driver »

Imagine having a guy like this, who has won a league title in the last 3 years and a cup in the last few weeks and we went to hang our hat with a man who failed for 32 years because he is friend with Mourinho.

Ndubuisi Egbo

Date of birth/Age: Jul 25, 1973 (50)

Present Team: FC Prishtina

League title: 19/20
Super Cup: 2024

Coaching Licence : UEFA Pro Licence
Preferred formation : 4-3-3 Attacking

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ndubuisi Egbo: Time To Bring Him Home

Post by danfo driver »

Last edited by danfo driver on Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/07/23/i ... uisi-egbo/

I’m Open To Coaching Nigeria In The Future, Says Ndubuisi Egbo

KF Tirana coach, Ndubuisi Emmanuel Egbo, says he would not turn down a chance to coach the national team.

Egbo recently made history in the Albanian league when he led Tirana to win the domestic title, the first Nigerian and African to achieve such feat in Europe.

Speaking on Thursday during his appearance on Channels Television’s Sports This Morning, he described coaching the national team as a call to service.

The former Super Eagles goalkeeper also thanked the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and Nigerians for their messages since his team emerged champions of the European country.

According to him, though he has spent much time with in Albania, he is still a Nigerian and would welcome any opportunity to help in developing the nation’s football.

‘Like Military Service’
“It is beginning to sink; the massive achievement we made over there,” he said.

He added: “I’m 100% Nigerian even though I have a European passport. I got everything in Nigeria and I played at the highest level so anytime I’m called upon to come and help, to raise the football of my country up, I will be there because I want us one day to be challenging to win the World Cup.

“I’m always open; we can never say never to our country, it’s like a military service that anytime we are called upon we have to do it for our country,” he explained.

Domestic Double
KF Tirana who are celebrating their 100th anniversary this month, can also claim a domestic double on August 2, 2020 when they face Teuta Durres in the Domestic Cup final.

Coach Ndubuisi retired from football in 2011 and went into coaching, becoming the goalkeeper coach of Albanian team, Bylis before he rejoined Tirana in 2014 in the same role.

The Nigerian, was, however, promoted as the Head Coach of the Albanian side in 2019 and, has remarkably, led the club to a league triumph in his first season in charge.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:12 pm https://www.channelstv.com/2020/07/23/i ... uisi-egbo/

KF Tirana coach, Ndubuisi Emmanuel Egbo, says he would not turn down a chance to coach the national team.

Egbo recently made history in the Albanian league when he led Tirana to win the domestic title, the first Nigerian and African to achieve such feat in Europe.

Speaking on Thursday during his appearance on Channels Television’s Sports This Morning, he described coaching the national team as a call to service.

The former Super Eagles goalkeeper also thanked the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and Nigerians for their messages since his team emerged champions of the European country.

According to him, though he has spent much time with in Albania, he is still a Nigerian and would welcome any opportunity to help in developing the nation’s football.

‘Like Military Service’

He added: “I’m 100% Nigerian even though I have a European passport. I got everything in Nigeria and I played at the highest level so anytime I’m called upon to come and help, to raise the football of my country up, I will be there because I want us one day to be challenging to win the World Cup.

“I’m always open; we can never say never to our country, it’s like a military service that anytime we are called upon we have to do it for our country,” he explained.

Domestic Double
KF Tirana who are celebrating their 100th anniversary this month, can also claim a domestic double on August 2, 2020 when they face Teuta Durres in the Domestic Cup final.

Coach Ndubuisi retired from football in 2011 and went into coaching, becoming the goalkeeper coach of Albanian team, Bylis before he rejoined Tirana in 2014 in the same role.

The Nigerian, was, however, promoted as the Head Coach of the Albanian side in 2019 and, has remarkably, led the club to a league triumph in his first season in charge.
Ok but what makes him so special, is the Albanian league really better than the Nigerian league? I am for local coaches but please lets stop trying so hard to seek validation from Europe in anything we do.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

gochino wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:53 pm
Ok but what makes him so special, is the Albanian league really better than the Nigerian league? I am for local coaches but please lets stop trying so hard to seek validation from Europe in anything we do.
What made Peseiro so special? The recommendation of Mourinho? or the fact that he failed spectacularly at Venezuela and 31 years before that?

For me, I am attracted to winners. Thats why I will include Egbo on the list, as well as Pisto.

But y'all feel free to hire whoever you like though.
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:12 pm https://www.channelstv.com/2020/07/23/i ... uisi-egbo/

‘Like Military Service’

Domestic Double

He's Nigerian and if the Albanian league is a professional league I don't see what the problem is
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

I dont think its about the leaugue - its about giving others a chance - we have recycled oyinbo and nigerians in the past , we have hired a nigerian from backwater league as you call it in the past ( oliseh ) we have hired journey men oyinbo , bribe taker nigerians etc etc.

So why NOT him ? why give amuneke, finidi, sia one , salisu a second chance ( or third chance ) ??

So while not special nothing make anyone we are touting special as well.

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

When was Amunike given the first chance?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

You have to understand how Nigerians think. If its not an oyibo man lord and personal savior, or a crooked criminal (Siasia and alisu), which makes them feel one with that person then it has to be the name they know in their head. Other than that, they cant see passed their finger-tips. :oops: :oops:
Siddonlook11 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:06 pm I dont think its about the leaugue - its about giving others a chance - we have recycled oyinbo and nigerians in the past , we have hired a nigerian from backwater league as you call it in the past ( oliseh ) we have hired journey men oyinbo , bribe taker nigerians etc etc.

So why NOT him ? why give amuneke, finidi, sia one , salisu a second chance ( or third chance ) ??

So while not special nothing make anyone we are touting special as well.

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:58 pm
What made Peseiro so special? The recommendation of Mourinho? or the fact that he failed spectacularly at Venezuela and 31 years before that?

For me, I am attracted to winners. Thats why I will include Egbo on the list, as well as Pisto.

Fine, what makes him better than Finidi or any of our league coaches, Albania has only10 clubs in their league, the Nigerian league is better and more competitive.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

gochino wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:12 pm

Fine, what makes him better than Finidi or any of our league coaches, Albania has only10 clubs in their league, the Nigerian league is better and more competitive.

I dont understand your fixation with league - please help me understand was he first not a human being to get the job in albania ? has finidi not been given a chance ? i understand if you name 3 local coaches to be considered in Addition to Egbo NOt thrash Egbo because he coaches in Albania ?

Please name 3 local coaches That ARE not FINIDI that we should add to the list , i think that where a reasonable conversation should start.

...Socrates
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:21 pm

I dont understand your fixation with league - please help me understand was he first not a human being to get the job in albania ? has finidi not been given a chance ? i understand if you name 3 local coaches to be considered in Addition to Egbo NOt thrash Egbo because he coaches in Albania ?

Please name 3 local coaches That ARE not FINIDI that we should add to the list , i think that where a reasonable conversation should start.
When was Findi given a chance, please I ask?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

ANC wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:26 pm

No be him be pesa numero one ? you mean he had no influence AT all in what we just saw ? and if indeed he had no influence that fo rme already makes him a bad choice - because the job is more about man management ( up and down ) before formation and strategy

...Socrates
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:41 pm

No be him be pesa numero one ? you mean he had no influence AT all in what we just saw ? and if indeed he had no influence that fo rme already makes him a bad choice - because the job is more about man management ( up and down ) before formation and strategy
STFU
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Just pointing out that Finidi is actually a better choice, and no, Finidi has not been given a fair chance.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Is he better than Finidi? I didnt know that. Why do you say he is better than Finidi?

Egbo is a winner - Won 1 title, qualified his team for the UEFA Champions League and a super cup a few weeks ago
Finidi is a winner - Won 1 title and qualified his team for the African Champions League

My only issue with Finidi is that I have watched him be part of the coaching crew of a team in the last 1 year and the team has been dreadful for 1 year.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

He is upset that we said Finidi, Amuneke, Eguavoen, the crooked Siasia, the criminal Salisu and Amokachi have all gotten their chance and should go and look for jobs elsewhere. It pained him, so he is trying to lash out. :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

No one is saying Finidi should not be given a chance. We are saying that we should widen the pool, remove our collective ostrich necks out of the deep rotten hole, look outside the box and make a proper selection out of a group of solid coaches who are certified winners! Is that too much to ask? or do you prefer that we do what we have always done and give the job on a platter to someone because you loved him when he was a player?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:54 pm

STFU
Typical/ Like gocino, once the facts are laid before you, you lash out! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Toxic Class of '94 should go and look for jobs and stop hanging around the NFF for handout! Go and tell your heroes I said so! :taunt:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

gochino wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:09 pm

Just pointing out that Finidi is actually a better choice
How? Please explain how he is a better choice?

and no, Finidi has not been given a fair chance.
What exactly is a "fair chance?"

When he was hired as assistant for 2 years, was that an unfair chance?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

ANC wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:54 pm

STFU
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
very mature response

...Socrates
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Can't we get both to team up and coach the SE?