Third-best team in Africa: Jose Peseiro set new target for Nigeria’s Super Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Third-best team in Africa: Jose Peseiro set new target for Nigeria’s Super Eagles

Post by iworo »

The Portuguese tactician has given the clearest hint yet that he wants to continue to handle the three-time AFCON winners

Jose Peseiro has reacted to the latest FIFA rankings, which saw Nigeria rise significantly following an impressive outing at the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations, Soccernet.ng reports.

The Fédération Internationale de Football Association, FIFA, on Thursday (today, February 15th) released the first rankings for 2024, a few days after the conclusion of the AFCON.

The Super Eagles experienced one of the highest movements of the month, rising 14 places to vacate their previous 42nd position to now sit as the 28th-best footballing nation in the world.

Even more impressively, the Nigerian national team moved from number six to three in Africa, with only Morocco and Senegal ahead of the Super Eagles.

It is Nigeria’s highest ranking since the country won the AFCON in 2013, and the rise can be linked to the Super Eagles’ impressive showing at this year’s edition of the continental championship.

Under the guidance of Peseiro, Nigeria reached the final of the AFCON against all odds before losing 2-1 to hosts Cote d’Ivoire in a pulsating final played at the Alassane Ouattara Stadium in Abidjan on Sunday.

Despite being pleased with Nigeria’s new rating as the third-best nation in Africa, Peseiro appears not to be satisfied just yet.
The Portuguese tactician took to his Twitter handle to reveal his target for Nigeria: to get the Super Eagles to number one on the continent.

Peseiro wants to continue as the Eagles’ coach?

Peseiro’s post on Twitter is the clearest indication yet that the former Porto boss desires to retain his job as the head coach of the Super Eagles.

Peseiro’s contract technically expired after the AFCON, but the Portuguese coach hit the semifinal target the Nigeria Football Federation set for him.

The former Real Madrid assistant coach was in Abuja on Tuesday, where he was honoured by Nigeria’s President alongside his team.

However, reports surfaced shortly after that Peseiro is in contact with the Algerian Football Federation, which wants him to become the new manager of the Desert Warriors.

The NFF is yet to announce any decision on Peseiro’s situation.

Peseiro took charge of the Super Eagles in May 2022 and has since won ten of 22 games, losing seven others.

https://soccernet.ng/2024/02/third-best ... agles.html
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Third-best team in Africa: Jose Peseiro set new target for Nigeria’s Super Eagles

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The thing i like about this coach, bobo walks the talk. Let me tell some of you people on CE, when a coach believes in his team, bobo won't go around setting targets, he said he wanted to win AFCON day one and he was 30 mins away from doing so. however ish happens, I still have my prediction on our SE and this team is just getting started. That AFCON in CIV , opened my eyes, this bobo switched formations and tactics and was able to perform in such a short time. Let the man run his race with our team

Awo, Boni, Wilf, Umar, Orban, etc they all will be back and the team will be stronger.

Westerhof took over in 1989 after we missed the WC and the rest is history
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Third-best team in Africa: Jose Peseiro set new target for Nigeria’s Super Eagles

Post by Tobi17 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:16 pm The thing i like about this coach, bobo walks the talk. Let me tell some of you people on CE, when a coach believes in his team, bobo won't go around setting targets, he said he wanted to win AFCON day one and he was 30 mins away from doing so. however ish happens, I still have my prediction on our SE and this team is just getting started. That AFCON in CIV , opened my eyes, this bobo switched formations and tactics and was able to perform in such a short time. Let the man run his race with our team

Awo, Boni, Wilf, Umar, Orban, etc they all will be back and the team will be stronger.

We need MORE midfielders not fwds...don't you guys ever learn?
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:16 pm The thing i like about this coach, bobo walks the talk. Let me tell some of you people on CE, when a coach believes in his team, bobo won't go around setting targets, he said he wanted to win AFCON day one and he was 30 mins away from doing so. however ish happens, I still have my prediction on our SE and this team is just getting started. That AFCON in CIV , opened my eyes, this bobo switched formations and tactics and was able to perform in such a short time. Let the man run his race with our team

Well said. The underlying issue lies in our society's inclination towards instant gratification in all aspects of life. There's a lack of recognition for the value of perseverance and consistency. This tendency to constantly push for every coach to be fire even when the team is improving is primarily driven by self-serving motives, be it personal financial gain or biased motives.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I think he is a below average coach and will cost us when he is needed to take action with tactical changes. However, one thing I appreciate about him is his utterances. You will never catch this man telling us to go and learn or that others have better players than us.

I truly wish he was a good coach. But, I guess if he was a good coach, we wouldnt have gotten him in the first place. Sigh.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

As in wining 1 AFCON and getting knocked out in the 2nd round of the World Cup? :blink:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:57 pm I think he is a below average coach and will cost us when he is needed to take action with tactical changes. However, one thing I appreciate about him is his utterances. You will never catch this man telling us to go and learn or that others have better players than us.

I truly wish he was a good coach. But, I guess if he was a good coach, we wouldnt have gotten him in the first place. Sigh.
The bold is a good summary as any about him as a coach. He already cost us the AFCON. Yet people want him to stay.
To cost us more?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

azuka wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:01 pm
danfo driver wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:57 pm I think he is a below average coach and will cost us when he is needed to take action with tactical changes. However, one thing I appreciate about him is his utterances. You will never catch this man telling us to go and learn or that others have better players than us.

The bold is a good summary as any about him as a coach. He already cost us the AFCON. Yet people want him to stay.
To cost us more?
You're a funny cat :lol:.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

To cost us more?
Oh, you want him to go because Nigeria lost the AFCON final. In other words, all countries that failed to win the AFCON should fire their manager? :rotf: :rotf:

Bros, there is a reason why targets are set. If Peseiro did not get to the AFCON final and ended up being 4th at this AFCON that would have been enough for him to stay on. Yet, he surpassed that target set by the NFF.

Very few persons expected Nigeria to get to the medal stage going into this AFCON. This team has been tottering at a low ebb since the last year of Gernot Rohr's reign. Peseiro came in thinking that he would restore Nigeria by loading up in attack. After several games, he found that loading up in attack wouldn't work. He changed that by solidifying the defense .... BOOM, that decision moved Nigeria to the championship game.

Think again about what the guy has done. The only way the NFF can reasonably get rid of Peseiro now is by lowballing him in a contract negotiation. Anything else will lead to this NFF having many answers to give to the Nigeria public.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

How did he cost us the AFCON ? Who took us to where we are even talking about losing the AFCON in the first place?
People sound like we have won the past 2 AFCONs and he just came in the final game to lose it for us. This is the same team that some here didn't even pick to get out of our group in the group stage.

To cost us more?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Stop rewriting history. CW did not take over AFTER we missed the world cup. He took over after the match against Angola with one match to go against Cameroun. A match which ended 1-0 for Cameroun.
And even from the onset one can see progress. The match against Angola which we won 1-0 was coached by Paul Hamilton. It was the match Sam Okwaraji died. And the worst match I have even seen my beloved SE play. But in 2 weeks, against Cameroun and under CW we saw a different SE that played Cameroun to a standstill. Ask anyone who watched those two matches and they will tell you there was a great contrast between the two. The contrast between the two SE is similar to the contrast between the Ivorian team in the last AFCON under 2 different coaches.
The point is from day 1, one could see a focus. A progression something lacking with Pase.
Last edited by azuka on Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:13 pm

To cost us more?
Oh, you want him to go because Nigeria lost the AFCON final. In other words, all countries that failed to win the AFCON should fire their manager? :rotf: :rotf:

Bros, there is a reason why targets are set. If Peseiro did not get to the AFCON final and ended up being 4th at this AFCON that would have been enough for him to stay on. Yet, he surpassed that target set by the NFF.

Very few persons expected Nigeria to get to the medal stage going into this AFCON. This team has been tottering at a low ebb since the last year of Gernot Rohr's reign. Peseiro came in thinking that he would restore Nigeria by loading up in attack. After several games, he found that loading up in attack wouldn't work. He changed that by solidifying the defense .... BOOM, that decision moved Nigeria to the championship game.

Think again about what the guy has done. The only way the NFF can reasonably get rid of Peseiro now is by lowballing him in a contract negotiation. Anything else will lead to this NFF having many answers to give to the Nigeria public.
How many times did i have to say this. It is not about losing the final. It is the totality of his coaching the team. Wow if you guys can't get it I am sorry. Let's continue to read stats. Soon we will realize statistics alone does not tell the story.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

1naija wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:15 pm How did he cost us the AFCON ? Who took us to where we are even talking about losing the AFCON in the first place?
People sound like we have won the past 2 AFCONs and he just came in the final game to lose it for us. This is the same team that some here didn't even pick to get out of our group in the group stage.

To cost us more?
Is it his coaching that got us to the finals? I don't think so and don't believe so. The quality of our players got us there. But in the final against Ivory Coast when we met a team of comparative quality we lost to his tactical ineptudeness.
Babadee
Egg
Egg

Post by Babadee »

I think he can do it. All we need is a younger and more creative midfielder and use the current as backup or mix it up.

With a new attacking midfielders, central midfielders and Defensive midfielders.

He can find raw talent in the Nigerian football league pyramids.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I'll let Azuka respond for himself, but I dont think this is a "look back" issue, but more of a "look forward" issue. In the first round, on one of the Zoom calls, I made a comment. I said that the way I would handle something like this is not necessarily to dwell on positions. As in, for me, I absolutely wanted to win the title. I have never supported a team and not want to win the title. However, for me, it should be less more about what position we finished. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. Didnt matter - solely as to whether the coach should be retained. The better question to ask, when deciding to keep the coach is whether, given his pedigree (performance over the last 1 year), he has shown that he is the right person to take us to where we want to go [(1) perform at a high level consistently (2) win AFCONs; and (3) win the World Cup). For me, that is the only way to analyze whether you wish to keep a coach or not.

I have analyzed it and I do not believe that this coach has what it takes to get us to perform at the highest level consistently and I do not believe he can win titles, as well. He seems like a lovely man, but he is below average and he can easily be out-coached -- easily.

Should Nigeria choose to keep him, I will support the team with more force and vigor than I have ever done, because I am excited about this team and these players; and it is the only team I support. Additionally, I will continue in my mumu ways and pretend that we will win titles with him. But deep down inside, I will know that when we play a team with a good coach, and there are many teams like that, we will struggle.

It is what it is.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

iworo wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:11 pm

To cost us more?
You're a funny cat :lol:.
Yes you can say so again.
When we fail to qualify for the WC under Pesa those of you wanting him to stay and those of us against it will be gnashing our teeth. In that situation there will be no loser or winner. We both must have lost.

Sad thing is we have been here before. Yes with Chukwu. That's how there was a big debate on these pages for against Chukwu staying. Yes his stats worked for him and he stayed. But at the end of the day, we failed to qualify for WC hosted in Germany(?).
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:15 pm How did he cost us the AFCON ? Who took us to where we are even talking about losing the AFCON in the first place?

To cost us more?
nothing more to add, so many here wrote the team off, but once the team started winning allofsudden many started showing up here , interest increased etc. yes we lost the final, but i saw a lot during the tournament to know that this coach is up to something . I believe the bobo will tweak the attack and creativity in the middle, we created so many chances but we missed so many. Leave the man ,let him do his thing , he talks and walks. i like a coach who backs his mouth on the green, This is what we need a strong mental coach , hopefully we create a daunting atmosphere in Uyo

did the bobo give any excuses last time, saying we do not have players like Mane and Salah in the champs league etc during AFCON 2019?

WE had 3 SEs make the team of the tournament , we had our captain win MVP, yes VIC was involved in 90% of our goals, and we all know he can do more, this was Our Osimhen's first major Afcon

I will take my chances with this coach and God Willing , we qualify for the AFCON( Qualifiers are from sep to nov 2024) and WC ..Then we see . I am excited at the team building more chemistry. Find more midfielders and backups .

We will continue to improve. We suffered a lot a few years back, The SE are on the rise right now

Some people are bent on division, why would any aspiring FA choose to fire a coach who took a team way below par to being one of the top on the continent and currently ranked 28th ..mehn i tire for some of our people sef
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Cast your mind back to CW era when he came in. Even in losing his team was feared by other African countries. And the crowning of his efforts was 1994/96. yes 1996 Olympic gold medal to me is due to the foundation laid by CW. Why did i say so? I doubt if there are up to 5 players in that 1996 Olympic team that was not previously capped by CW.

Can you compare the first 2 years of CW SE with the last 2 years of Pesa SE?

Players quality can take you that far. Where players quality stop is where the bench tactical onus comes in.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

To cost us more?
He cost us the afcon final BUT he also got us there.

You cannot just look at one and forget the other.

Nigerians are truly ungrateful people with a deluded sense of entitlement.

We mandated that he make the semis.

I for one was against this mandate because I thought more important than where we finished was HOW WE PLAYED.

Nobody can convince me that Senegal is not one of the top 2 or 3 teams in Africa despite their early knockout.

But anyways Peseiro surpassed the semis and got us to the FINAL.

But then now ungrateful Nigerians want to switch the means of judgement from Semi finals to now HOW WE PLAYED.

Now that we finished 2ND, he should be fired for playing defensive.

What kind of double standard is this ?

I for one have a problem with how he played, but I was always against any semi final mandate.

You cannot then switch from semi final mandate WHICH HE PASSED to "I no like how he play"

Utter double standards and delusional entitlement.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:24 pm

I'll let Azuka respond for himself, but I dont think this is a "look back" issue, but more of a "look forward" issue. In the first round, on one of the Zoom calls, I made a comment. I said that the way I would handle something like this is not necessarily to dwell on positions. As in, for me, I absolutely wanted to win the title. I have never supported a team and not want to win the title. However, for me, it should be less more about what position we finished. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. Didnt matter - solely as to whether the coach should be retained. The better question to ask, when deciding to keep the coach is whether, given his pedigree (performance over the last 1 year), he has shown that he is the right person to take us to where we want to go [(1) perform at a high level consistently (2) win AFCONs; and (3) win the World Cup). For me, that is the only way to analyze whether you wish to keep a coach or not.

I have analyzed it and I do not believe that this coach has what it takes to get us to perform at the highest level consistently and I do not believe he can win titles, as well. He seems like a lovely man, but he is below average and he can easily be out-coached -- easily.

Should Nigeria choose to keep him, I will support the team with more force and vigor than I have ever done, because I am excited about this team and these players; and it is the only team I support. Additionally, I will continue in my mumu ways and pretend that we will win titles with him. But deep down inside, I will know that when we play a team with a good coach, and there are many teams like that, we will struggle.

It is what it is.
Danfo,

Lets assume that we use SOLELY your basis of analysis, HERE is what I see and my basis for stating that Nigeria should stick with him.

1. This (at this AFCON) was the first time that he actually had these players together for any reason time beyond 3 or so days training.

2. He showed that he is capable of analyzing problems and finding solutions. He had tried a largely offensive formation and instead he found that his team was conceding about a goal per game and despite using 2-3 strikers a game, he could get just above that. What were the results? losing to teams or drawing with teams which were decided lower ranked.

3. He did not stick with what was working! He actually was capable of making changes, He introduced a formation which ABSOLUTELY no one on CE ever considered.

4. What was the outcome? Nigeria took off.... played hundreds of minutes without conceding until the semi-final of this AFCON.

Bros, if the above does not demonstrate someone capable of learning, capable of improving, capable of progress then I have no idea who that someone would be.

This guy took a country from its lowest ebb in years, poor ranking since the last year of Rohr and even longer if you are following the FIFA ranking history to now a position of respect. That we must respect.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:27 pm

To cost us more?
nothing more to add, so many here wrote the team off, but once the team started winning allofsudden many started showing up here , interest increased etc. yes we lost the final, but i saw a lot during the tournament to know that this coach is up to something . I believe the bobo will tweak the attack and creativity in the middle, we created so many chances but we missed so many. Leave the man ,let him do his thing , he talks and walks. i like a coach who backs his mouth on the green, This is what we need a strong mental coach , hopefully we create a daunting atmosphere in Uyo

did the bobo give any excuses last time, saying we do not have players like Mane and Salah in the champs league etc during AFCON 2019?

WE had 3 SEs make the team of the tournament , we had our captain win MVP, yes VIC was involved in 90% of our goals, and we all know he can do more, this was Our Osimhen's first major Afcon

I will take my chances with this coach and God Willing , we qualify for the AFCON( Qualifiers are from sep to nov 2024) and WC ..Then we see . I am excited at the team building more chemistry. Find more midfielders and backups .

We will continue to improve. We suffered a lot a few years back, The SE are on the rise right now

Some people are bent on division, why would any aspiring FA choose to fire a coach who took a team way below par to being one of the top on the continent and currently ranked 28th ..mehn i tire for some of our people sef
For the bold part one phrase: Players Quality.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

azuka wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:31 pm Cast your mind back to CW era when he came in. Even in losing his team was feared by other African countries. And the crowning of his efforts was 1994/96. yes 1996 Olympic gold medal to me is due to the foundation laid by CW. Why did i say so? I doubt if there are up to 5 players in that 1996 Olympic team that was not previously capped by CW.

Can you compare the first 2 years of CW SE with the last 2 years of Pesa SE?

Players quality can take you that far. Where players quality stop is where the bench tactical onus comes in.
Would you like me to list CW's results at AFCON 1990 ? it took CW 5 years to win the AFCON , we lost to CIV in Abidjan,
Date Home Team Away Team Result Event Stadium G YC YRC RC
1989-08-27 Cameroon
Cameroon
Nigeria
Nigeria
1:0 c World Cup 1990 - Group C
Stade Ahmadou Ahidjo
0 1 0 1
1990-01-25 Nigeria
Nigeria
Ivory Coast
Ivory Coast
2:0 p CEDEAO 1990 - Semi Finals Bauchi 2 0 0 0
1990-01-28 Nigeria
Nigeria
Senegal
Senegal
0:0 p CEDEAO 1990 - Final Bauchi 0 0 0 0
1990-03-02 Algeria
Algeria
Nigeria
Nigeria
5:1 c African 1990 - Group A
Stade du 5 Juillet 1962
1 1 0 0
1990-03-05 Nigeria
Nigeria
Egypt
Egypt
1:0 c African 1990 - Group A
Stade du 5 Juillet 1962
1 2 0 0
1990-03-08 Nigeria
Nigeria
Ivory Coast
Ivory Coast
1:0 c African 1990 - Group A
Stade du 5 Juillet 1962
1 0 0 0
1990-03-12 Nigeria
Nigeria
Zambia
Zambia
2:0 c African 1990 - Semi Finals
Stade 19 Mai 1956
2 0 0 0
1990-03-16 Algeria
Algeria
Nigeria
Nigeria
1:0 c African 1990 - Final
Stade du 5 Juillet 1962
0 2 0 0
1990-08-19 Nigeria
Nigeria
Togo
Togo
3:0 p African 1992 - Group 4
Lagos National Stadium
3 0 0 0
1990-09-01 Ghana
Ghana
Nigeria
Nigeria
1:0 c African 1992 - Group 4
Baba Yara Stadium
0 0 0 0
1990-09-30 Benin
Benin
Nigeria
Nigeria
0:1 p African 1992 - Group 4
Stade de l’Amitié Mathieu Kérékou
1 0 0 0
1991-01-13 Burkina Faso
Burkina Faso
Nigeria
Nigeria
1:1 p African 1992 - Group 4
Stade du 4-Août
1 0 0 0
1991-01-27 Togo
Togo
Nigeria
Nigeria
0:0 p African 1992 - Group 4
Stade de Kégué
0 0 0 0
1991-04-13 Nigeria
Nigeria
Ghana
Ghana
0:0 c African 1992 - Group 4
Lagos National Stadium
0 0 0 0
1991-04-27 Nigeria
Nigeria
Benin
Benin
3:0 p African 1992 - Group 4
Lagos National Stadium
3 0 0 0
1991-07-27 Nigeria
Nigeria
Burkina Faso
Burkina Faso
7:1 p African 1992 - Group 4
Lagos National Stadium
7 0 0 0
1991-10-31 Ivory Coast
Ivory Coast
Nigeria
Nigeria
2:0 m CEDEAO 1991 - Semi Finals Abidjan 0 0 0 0
1991-11-02 Ghana
Ghana
Nigeria
Nigeria
1:0 m CEDEAO 1991 - 3rd Place Abidjan 0 0 0 0
1992-01-12 Senegal
Senegal
Nigeria
Nigeria
1:2 c African 1992 - Group A
Stade Léopold Sédar Senghor
2 0 0 0
1992-01-14 Nigeria
Nigeria
Kenya
Kenya
2:1 c African 1992 - Group A
2 0 0 0
1992-01-19 Nigeria
Nigeria
DR Congo
DR Congo
1:0 c African 1992 - Quarter Finals
Stade Aline Sitoe Diatta
1 0 0 0
1992-01-23 Ghana
Ghana
Nigeria
Nigeria
2:1 c African 1992 - Semi Finals
1 1 0 0
1992-01-25 Nigeria
Nigeria
Cameroon
Cameroon
2:1 c African 1992 - 3rd Place
2 0 0 0
1992-02-22 Tunisia
Tunisia
Nigeria
Nigeria
1:1 p Friendly
Stade Olympique d'El Menzah
1 0 0 0
1992-05-26 Nigeria
Nigeria
Sudan
Sudan
2:1 m Friendly
Addis Ababa Stadium
2 0 0 0
1992-05-28 Ethiopia
Ethiopia
Nigeria
Nigeria
4:1 m Friendly
Addis Ababa Stadium
1 0 0 0
1992-08-15 Sudan
Sudan
Nigeria
Nigeria
0:0 p African 1994 - Group 2
Khartoum Stadium
0 0 0 0
1992-08-29 Nigeria
Nigeria
Uganda
Uganda
2:0 p African 1994 - Group 2
Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium
2 0 0 0
1992-10-10 Nigeria
Nigeria
South Africa
South Africa
4:0 c World Cup 1994 - Group D
Lagos National Stadium
4 3 0 0
1992-12-20 Congo
Congo
Nigeria
Nigeria
0:1 c World Cup 1994 - Group D
Stade Municipal de Pointe-Noire
1 2 0 0
1993-01-16 South Africa
South Africa
Nigeria
Nigeria
0:0 c World Cup 1994 - Group D
FNB Stadium - Soccer City
0 2 0 0
1993-04-11 Ethiopia
Ethiopia
Nigeria
Nigeria
1:0 p African 1994 - Group 2
Addis Ababa Stadium
0 0 0 0
1993-04-25 Nigeria
Nigeria
Sudan
Sudan
4:0 p African 1994 - Group 2
Lagos National Stadium
4 0 0 0
1993-05-02 Ivory Coast
Ivory Coast
Nigeria
Nigeria
2:1 c World Cup 1994 - Group A
Stade Félix Houphouët-Boigny
1 0 0 0
1993-07-03 Nigeria
Nigeria
Algeria
Algeria
4:1 c World Cup 1994 - Group A
Lagos National Stadium
4 3 0 0
1993-07-17 Uganda
Uganda
Nigeria
Nigeria
0:0 p African 1994 - Group 2
Nakivubo Stadium
0 0 0 0
1993-07-24 Nigeria
Nigeria
Ethiopia
Ethiopia
6:0 p African 1994 - Group 2
Lagos National Stadium
6 0 0 0
1993-09-25 Nigeria
Nigeria
Ivory Coast
Ivory Coast
4:1 c World Cup 1994 - Group A
Lagos National Stadium
4 1 0 0
1993-10-08 Algeria
Algeria
Nigeria
Nigeria
1:1 c World Cup 1994 - Group A
Stade du 5 Juillet 1962
1 0 0 0
1994-03-09 Nigeria
Nigeria
Ghana
Ghana
0:0 c Friendly
Lagos National Stadium
0 0 0 0
1994-03-26 Nigeria
Nigeria
Gabon
Gabon
3:0 c African 1994 - Group B
3 0 0 0
1994-03-30 Nigeria
Nigeria
Egypt
Egypt
0:0 c African 1994 - Group B
0 0 0 0
1994-04-02 DR Congo
DR Congo
Nigeria
Nigeria
0:2 c African 1994 - Quarter Finals
2 0 0 0
1994-04-06 Nigeria
Nigeria
Ivory Coast
Ivory Coast
2:2 (4:2) c African 1994 - Semi Finals
6 3 0 0
1994-04-10 Nigeria
Nigeria
Zambia
Zambia
2:1 c African 1994 - Final
2 2 0 0
1994-04-17 Colombia
Colombia
Nigeria
Nigeria
1:0 c Friendly
Estadio Centenario de Armenia
0 0 0 0
1994-05-05 Sweden
Sweden
Nigeria
Nigeria
3:1 c Friendly
Råsunda Stadium
1 2 0 0
1994-05-25 Romania
Romania
Nigeria
Nigeria
2:0 c Friendly
Stadionul Steaua
0 0 0 0
1994-06-11 Nigeria
Nigeria
Georgia
Georgia
5:1 c Friendly
Obafemi Awolowo Stadium
5 0 0 0
1994-06-21 Nigeria
Nigeria
Bulgaria
Bulgaria
3:0 c World Cup 1994 - Group D
Cotton Bowl
3 1 0 0
1994-06-25 Argentina
Argentina
Nigeria
Nigeria
2:1 c World Cup 1994 - Group D
Foxboro Stadium
1 2 0 0
1994-06-30 Greece
Greece
Nigeria
Nigeria
0:2 c World Cup 1994 - Group D
Foxboro Stadium
2 2 0 0
1994-07-05 Nigeria
Nigeria
Italy
Italy
1:2 AET c World Cup 1994 - Round of 16
Foxboro Stadium
1 4 0 0
https://www.national-football-teams.com ... erhof.html
SuperEagles