My 23 man list against Argentina

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
My 23 man list against Argentina

Post by ohenhen1 »

GK. Nwabili, Obasogie. Osayi
DF. Aina, Ebuehi. Ajayi, Ekong, Omeruo, Bassey, Sanusi
MF. Ndidi, Yusuf, Nwakili, Eletu, Foluronsho Akinsamiro
FW. Osimhen, Umar. Boniface, Iwobi. Moses, Lookman, Orban
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: My 23 man list against Argentina

Post by Tobi17 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:56 am GK. Nwabili, Obasogie. Osayi
Your MF is a bit not realistic...Iwobi, Ndidi, Onyeka, Fisayo Dele-Bashiru Onyedika, and maybe Michael Folrunsho (if he makes his full commitment before then) otherwise one of Eletu/Nwakali seems likely to get their chance.

And I'll drop Omeruo and see what Adabarabioyo OR Igoh Ogbu can offer at this point.

Also don't forget Nathan Tella who has been in form lately at Bayer leverkusen. Chuba Akpom might also finally get his chance.
Last edited by Tobi17 on Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Daga or Nwobodo or Bashiru if Foluronsho is not available. We need a creative midfielder

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Same list from the AFCON, including Musa. We need continuity and experience. New fringe players can be invited after the World Cup. The only player I would add is Okoye in place of Ojo. With Nwabali, Uzoho, and Okoye, we have 3 experienced goalkeepers that can step in for each other.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

1naija wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:11 am Same list from the AFCON, including Musa. We need continuity and experience. New fringe players can be invited after the World Cup. The only player I would add is Okoye in place of Ojo. With Nwabali, Uzoho, and Okoye, we have 3 experienced goalkeepers that can step in for each other.
Teams are exploring other options for depth and you want to waste a whole friendly window with the same 4 midfielders we took to the AFCON + focking Musa when we should start building depth by adding new players to the best of what we already have...are you OK at all this guy?
Last edited by Tobi17 on Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

1naija wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:11 am Same list from the AFCON, including Musa. We need continuity and experience. New fringe players can be invited after the World Cup. The only player I would add is Okoye in place of Ojo. With Nwabali, Uzoho, and Okoye, we have 3 experienced goalkeepers that can step in for each other.
Are you retarded? Include Musa for what? Someone that was not good enough to start any game at the AFCON? Seriously i think you are on drugs. You are too old to be on drugs.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

I am confused. Isn't the friendly canceled? :???: :???: :???:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:16 am
Are you retarded? Include Musa for what? Someone that was not good enough to start any game at the AFCON? Seriously i think you are on drugs. You are too old to be on drugs.
I think he just trolls for engagements and he's so terrible at it, it's irritating at this point.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

highbury wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:29 am
I am confused. Isn't the friendly canceled? :???: :???: :???:
Match venue was changed I believe, friendly is still on.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Only players who are eligible or have declared

Goalkeepers: Nwabali, Okoye, Rasheed
Defenders: Aina, Samuel, Sanusi, Sodiq, Ekong, Bassey, Ogbu, Ajayi
Midfielders: Iwobi, Ndidi, Onyeka, Nwakali, Fisayo Bashiru, Nwobodo
Forwards: Osimehn, Boniface, Lookman, Simon, Tella, Ejuke, Orban
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I haven't watched Daga lately. Is he doing well at Enyimba. he might need some more time. I also want to invite Fredericks. Maybe rest Omeruo. Maybe also drop Umar for Daniel Daga. The goal is to invite young players to let them work with the senior players. See how much work they need before they are ready. The young players will understand what the Senior team camp will look like and what the coach will want. Then for the World cup qualifier, I would want another friendly in late May, will invite the strongest 23.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Eletu reminds me of a young Joel Obi at Inter Milan. Promising but derailed by injurie

s, Hopefully he doesn't have injuries like Joel Obi.

[media]

We got talent. It is so sad that due to foolish administrators, Nigeria is wasting it. We are underachieving. Ivory Coast should have been beaten by 4 goals. Instead we saw Nigeria falling back, afraid to play football, Some thing has to be done about the loser mentality that has taken over our football.

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

The 3 major formations in the central midfield are
1. 1 DM, 2 CM/AM
2. 1 DM, 1 CM, 1 AM
3. 2 DM, 1 AM

however we look at this, we need to have atleast 2 AM, 2CM especially if Nigeria would be playing attacking football.

AM - Iwobi
CM/AM - Aribo
CM/DM - Onyeka, Yusuf

Our AM options are not that good. We are 1 player short in the CM role. We have to scout for a talented AM even if in the backwater Leagues or the local league.

When I look in Europe, I see no one. Eletu is a DM, Nwobodo - CM, Fisayo DB - CM (but one worth considering for the future), Nwakali is a stop gap.

Interestingly, in last u17 and U20 to the world cup, I didnt see any promising AM in those teams.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

chief nfachairman wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:48 am The 4 major formations in the central midfield are
1. 1 DM, 2 CM
2. 1 DM, 2 AM
3. 1 DM, 1 CM, 1 AM
4. 2 DM, 1 AM

however we look at this, we need to have atleast 2 AM, 2CM especially if Nigeria would be playing attacking football.

AM - Iwobi
CM/AM - Aribo
CM/DM - Onyeka, Yusuf

Our AM options are not that good. We are 1 player short in the CM role. We have to scout for a talented AM even if in the backwater Leagues or the local league.

When I look in Europe, I see no one. Eletu is a DM, Nwobodo - CM, Fisayo DB - CM (but one worth considering for the future), Nwakali is a stop gap.

Interestingly, in last u17 and U20 to the world cup, I didnt see any promising AM in those teams.
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:24 am Only players who are eligible or have declared

Goalkeepers: Nwabali, Okoye, Rasheed
Defenders: Aina, Samuel, Sanusi, Sodiq, Ekong, Bassey, Ogbu, Ajayi
Midfielders: Iwobi, Ndidi, Onyeka, Nwakali, Fisayo Bashiru, Nwobodo
Forwards: Osimehn, Boniface, Lookman, Simon, Tella, Ejuke, Orban
I love this but since it's a friendly I will leave Simon and bring Yusuf on, Ejuke has not impressed in the SE so far and it will be good to have a look at him again. Yusuf might be helter skelter but I think that was down to the being new in the team. He is not afraid to play ball and he is good with the ball on his feet. Those are the kind of midfielders we need, ball handlers and not just intercepting and not using the ball well.
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

chief nfachairman wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:48 am The 3 major formations in the central midfield are
1. 1 DM, 2 CM/AM
2. 1 DM, 1 CM, 1 AM
3. 2 DM, 1 AM

AM - Iwobi
CM/AM - Aribo
CM/DM - Onyeka, Yusuf

We can even use 3 CM as long as they are interchangeable in that midfield. With SE just like liverpool attack seems to come from the wings so long as the CMs can intercept and move the ball around. The issue with the SE is they just can't move the ball around confidently unless there is no pressure. Get 3 CM that are confident on the ball and not hiding then difference will start but as of now, we will continue defending and hoping for a good bounce of the ball to do anything.
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Friendly is in March.

No Boniface until April.

Nwabali
Okoye
Uzoho

Aina
Osayi

Zaidu

Ekong
Bassey
Ajayi
Omeruo

Yusuf
Onyeka
Onyedika
Iwobi
Daga - We need to see him and he'll shut the home based talk up.
Dele Bashiru or Nwakali

Tella
Simon
Victor O
Awoniyi
Lookman
Kelechi
Samu
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ugbowo

I guess you think scouting homebased is not a value? Is that correct? Just asking.
Ugbowo wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:32 pm Friendly is in March.

No Boniface until April.

Nwabali
Okoye
Uzoho

Aina
Osayi

Zaidu

Ekong
Bassey
Ajayi
Omeruo

Yusuf
Onyeka
Onyedika
Iwobi
Daga - We need to see him and he'll shut the home based talk up.
Dele Bashiru or Nwakali

Tella
Simon
Victor O
Awoniyi
Lookman
Kelechi
Samu
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Eletu and Yusuf invitation is a must. Friendlies are meant to test new players,

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

No room for new junk players. You will need to find a new low paying job. Mickie D is hiring.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Slow Toad Tobi, if I was trolling for engagement, it won't be with a slow toad.
Tobi17 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:42 am
I think he just trolls for engagements and he's so terrible at it, it's irritating at this point.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Hmm, na Uncle 1Naija you dey tok to like dat? Ok-ooo!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:30 am Eletu reminds me of a young Joel Obi at Inter Milan. Promising but derailed by injurie

s, Hopefully he doesn't have injuries like Joel Obi.

[media]

We got talent. It is so sad that due to foolish administrators, Nigeria is wasting it. We are underachieving. Ivory Coast should have been beaten by 4 goals. Instead we saw Nigeria falling back, afraid to play football, Some thing has to be done about the loser mentality that has taken over our football.
Ohenhen1, I agree with you on this one. The tin still dey pain me even now.

We took lead in first the half. Without being told, even a baby know CIV will be coming out to push [advantage; Nigeria, if you ask me].

That's when we would have changed our format, lock the midfield and battle CIV, instead we continued defending the narrow lead and at the end, what happened?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.