VIDEO: ASISAT STOPS CAMEROONIAN FROM PUTTING MEDICINE IN THE POST

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
VIDEO: ASISAT STOPS CAMEROONIAN FROM PUTTING MEDICINE IN THE POST

Post by jette1 »

make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: VIDEO: ASISAT STOPS CAMEROONIAN FROM PUTTING MEDICINE IN THE POST

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wetin happen, see fight
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Jedi Jedi, when did female football become football-related. Please post this in rant and rave. Thanks!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:25 am Jedi Jedi, when did female football become football-related. Please post this in rant and rave. Thanks!
:rotf: :rotf:

There should be a Falcon's nest.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:41 am
danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:25 am Jedi Jedi, when did female football become football-related. Please post this in rant and rave. Thanks!

considering what was going on in the video, I'd even suggest Face-to-Face forum :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:51 am
ANC wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:41 am

considering what was going on in the video, I'd even suggest Face-to-Face forum :lol: :lol:

:taunt:
Assiat Oshoala no too fine for face, but damn that height :thumbs:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Why was the Cameroon 🇨🇲 player sent off? What did she do wrong?
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

wiseone wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:23 am Why was the Cameroon 🇨🇲 player sent off? What did she do wrong?
She was running to go and touch the net and collided with nnadozie but if I may ask isn’t the video there for you to see ? https://www.instagram.com/reel/C315iG3N ... UxczM3Mm9m

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

In 2024. Sad. Very sad.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I might be in a minority, but I don't see an issue with anybody practising their religion/faith. Afterall Nigerians pray every chance they get before, during and after games and have their own idiosyncrasies. I think the Cameroonian girl have been should be allowed to do whatever she wanted as long as she didn't break any rules.

Nevertheless this was funny.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

This is funny.
My late coworker from Sierra Leone said that Nigerians never do anything without juju.
The Falcons really believed and were willing to go to war for this?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

ANC wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:18 pm This is funny.
My late coworker from Sierra Leone said that Nigerians never do anything without juju.
Even if you don’t believe in it, would you allow someone forcefully enter your house to drop juju in your bedroom?

Asisat did the right thing there. They should go and drop it in their own goalpost.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Lolly wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:56 pm
Even if you don’t believe in it, would you allow someone forcefully enter your house to drop juju in your bedroom?

Asisat did the right thing there. They should go and drop it in their own goalpost.

There's no law against going to the opposing net though. This just exposes how fickle our belief systems are. You are a Muslim or Christian, you should trust your God over so called inferior belief systems.

Also not too sure Azeezat and the goalie didn't do anything wrong. The opposing player can go anywhere on the pitch they want to. You can't restrain them from doing this as far as I know.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

airwolex wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:21 pm

There's no law against going to the opposing net though. This just exposes how fickle our belief systems are. You are a Muslim or Christian, you should trust your God over so called inferior belief systems.

Also not too sure Azeezat and the goalie didn't do anything wrong. The opposing player can go anywhere on the pitch they want to. You can't restrain them from doing this as far as I know.
If opposing player doesn’t have a ball or not in the process of advancing a play against the opponent and, in this case play has been stopped for injury at the center of pitch; your argument is saying that an opponent has right to enter the opposing teams prayer huddle. The moment play has been stopped no player has right to invade another players personal space. Personal space expires the moment play resumes. As long as play isn’t ongoing you have right to personal space. Teams have right of space to do a huddle and discuss strategy on the pitch and opposing team isn’t allowed to invade that space if ball isn’t in play

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

airwolex wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:02 pm :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I might be in a minority, but I don't see an issue with anybody practising their religion/faith. Afterall Nigerians pray every chance they get before, during and after games and have their own idiosyncrasies. I think the Cameroonian girl have been should be allowed to do whatever she wanted as long as she didn't break any rules.

Nevertheless this was funny.
...she broke the rule by knocking the goalie down after play has been stopped.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Coach wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:55 pm In 2024. Sad. Very sad.
:???:

Coach,

Why is it exactly sad in 2024? Is belief in God and prayers extinct? Please let us know. You see SE and other players gather around to pray before games and someone you feel that believing in similar spiritual existence is or should be extinct?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

jette1 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:43 pm

If opposing player doesn’t have a ball or not in the process of advancing a play against the opponent and, in this case play has been stopped for injury at the center of pitch; your argument is saying that an opponent has right to enter the opposing teams prayer huddle. The moment play has been stopped no player has right to invade another players personal space. Personal space expires the moment play resumes. As long as play isn’t ongoing you have right to personal space. Teams have right of space to do a huddle and discuss strategy on the pitch and opposing team isn’t allowed to invade that space if ball isn’t in play
This is a grey area. Goalkeepers it seems don't like it I guess because they instinctively see the area as personal, but it really isn't.

We all see how they sometimes react when a goal is scored and a player goes to get the ball from the net. They instintively try to stop them and some have been booked for this, proving that technically an outfield opposing player does have a right to go beyond the goal line. I don't think a player, even the goalie, should have a "no go area" on a football field.

I don't think the Cameroon girl should have been sent off. I think a yellow for her, Assisat and the Nnadozie would have been fair. Nnadozie trying to tackle the player was comical.

It would be interesting to hear from the Cameroonians. What they did was bizarre, but technically not wrong.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:08 pm
Coach wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:55 pm In 2024. Sad. Very sad.
:???:

Coach,

Why is it exactly sad in 2024? Is belief in God and prayers extinct? Please let us know. You see SE and other players gather around to pray before games and someone you feel that believing in similar spiritual existence is or should be extinct?
Exactly. By the way we have heard situations of goalies putting "juju" in THEIR own goal, and opposing players getting rid of it in the past. It seems, prayers are okay and fairplay but as soon as "juju" enters, people weirdly lose their rag.

There was a lot of speculation about the Ivorian keeper in the last AFCON as well. Very ironic giving the fact that we are perhaps the most religious African team ever.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

You didn't answer my question.

The Cameroon player was rightly prevented from trying to unsettle and distract our goalkeeper. She had no reason to walk into our goalpost, whether for juju or not.

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Lolly wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:53 pm

The Cameroon player was rightly prevented from trying to unsettle and distract our goalkeeper. She had no reason to walk into our goalpost, whether for juju or not.
Dude you cannot be serious. :rotf:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

jette1 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:43 pm

:D
Lawyer. Kai.

Super Falcon players were wrong and should have been carded.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Lolly wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:53 pm

I would suggest Assisat especially expends as much effort as she did trying to stop the juju into scoring goals. I don't see how someone walking into the net has any impact on your game. They were lucky they didn't get booked and jeopardize the SA leg. It was an overreaction. It this was a game in Europe with VAR they all would have been off. How are you going to explain that you tried to rugby tackle an opponent because she was going to use voodoo on you?
Last edited by airwolex on Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.