Maduka Okoye wants to return to the SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Maduka Okoye wants to return to the SE

Post by Dammy »

Okoye to Udinese Tonight: “Focused on work. Very tactical Serie A”
The Bianconeri goalkeeper tells himself on TV12
Okoye.jpg
The debut in Serie A in the last race of 2023 between the posts of the Bianconeri goal. Result? The Bologna of surprises beaten 3-0. Since that time, Maduka Okoye has never left the gloves. And to think that it all started suddenly, as he himself says in the program Udinese Tonight: "The day before the match, coach Gabriele Cioffi told me that I would be the starter. He asked me if I was ready and said he trusted me.”

The goalkeeper does not hesitate to comment on the last match with Genoa, "a difficult match. We have to do better and we are focused on the next one against Salernitana,” he assures in perfect Italian. At the beginning of the season the class of '99, with great humility, only thought "at work, as I had just returned from the injury. I was hoping to play, but I didn't think I would do it that much.” Of course, the goal is that of all highly competitive players: "I wanted and want to play all the time, but I'm focused on the work. Getting on the field is a consequence.”

Serie A, after experiences in Holland and England, “requires greater precision and a lot of tactics, as there are so many strong players – he continues – The approach is not the same in every league, although the role of the goalkeeper itself does not change much”. Masters in the role are colleagues Marco Silvestri and Daniele Padelli, with whom he has established a good relationship. “It's very good with them, they are two good guys and they help me a lot – he comments smiling Okoye – All my classmates and family have helped me so much.”

The first as a starter with the Udinese shirt came in the Italian Cup against Cagliari. In the course of the challenge, the 24-year-old says he did what he considers 'my best parade', the double intervention on Deiola and Lapadula. In general it is said 'happy with what I have done on the field so far', but it is not an excuse to forgive mistakes. "I could have done better on Lazio's first goal - he admits - I reflect so much on the mistakes, about the videos a hundred times".

The injury is therefore now behind us: "I'm very well now. I feel 100% – guarantees, with a look at the convocation with his Nigeria – The National Team is an important thing for me and I want to go back as soon as possible. It was bad to see the African Cup from home, but that's football.” A love that bloomed thanks to his father, who never played at high levels but transmitted to his son 'the passion for this sport'. It is not surprising that, at the end of the broadcast, the choice for the best player in Italy falls on the compatriot “Victor Osimhen”. However, the last intervention is on "Udine, a small but beautiful city. I like it.
I am happy
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Maduka Okoye wants to return to the SE

Post by 1naija »

Our goalkeepers for the World cup will be Nwabali, Uzoho, and Okoye. They all have the necessary experience to help the team succeed.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

1naija wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:05 pm Our goalkeepers for the World cup will be Nwabali, Uzoho, and Okoye. They all have the necessary experience to help the team succeed.

:D

dont know if you are serious
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

1naija wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:05 pm Our goalkeepers for the World cup will be Nwabali, Uzoho, and Okoye. They all have the necessary experience to help the team succeed.
LIAR, LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE! Nwabali, Adebayo, and Okoye.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!