Ahmed Musa sacked by Sivasspor

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ahmed Musa sacked by Sivasspor

Post by danfo driver »

airwolex wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:58 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:56 pm

Any argument you don’t like is terrible. What else is new❓🤔❗️

Cheers.
Bro, you often argue in bad faith.

You insisted Musa was playing when I showed you stats that he wasn't now he has been released.

Perhaps you have something against Aribo. He scored last week and is playing right now in the FA cup. Absolutely zero comparison with Musa who even his fans say went as a cheerleader/motivational speaker.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Una no dey hear word.

I am telling you that they KNOW the truth!! They know, but they are pretending to be obtuse. You dont know these people. One day, you will learn this and know peace.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

See example of wetin I dey tell una :lol: The guy go soon learn and just begin laugh.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

airwolex wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:06 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:01 pm
airwolex wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:38 pm
Coach wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:04 pm Is there a more insidious basis behind the vitriol directed at Ahmed Musa? Did his inclusion in the AfCON squad impact proceedings? Was he divisive in the camp? If so, did it steer the ship wide of its course?

On merit, perhaps his inclusion was unjustified, but many a player has been taken to tournament for their experience and wider role. Nigeria are not the first and won’t be the last team to do this.

Perhaps those on the ground could give meat to the matter. Why is he hated?
If it was unmerited (like you have admited) then why are we looking beyond that as the reasons some are not happy? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I mean if it was merited and performed like, Bassey for example, even the most rabid anti Northerner wouldn't have been able to say pim.

I don't get your line of reasoning. Musa didn't deserve to go to the AFCON for footballing reasons, a lot of people don't buy the non footballing reasons he was picked. It really is that simple.
Some would argue that Aribo did not deserve to go to AFCON either but I don’t hear you berating him… double standards❓🤔❗️

Cheers.
Terrible argument.

Cheers.

You insisted Musa was playing when I showed you stats that he wasn't now he has been released.

Perhaps you have something against Aribo. He scored last week and is playing right now in the FA cup. Absolutely zero comparison with Musa who even his fans say went as a cheerleader/motivational speaker.
OK, Musa has been sacked; clap for yourself. Maybe now, you can afford to buy that house you’ve always wanted.

I see you’ve managed to convince yourself that playing in the championship, never mind that it’s mostly from the bench, and the FA cup is some kind of milestone that absolutely merits playing for the SuperEagles. To each his own🤔❗️

Cheers.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:05 am
airwolex wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:06 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:01 pm
Coach wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:04 pm Is there a more insidious basis behind the vitriol directed at Ahmed Musa? Did his inclusion in the AfCON squad impact proceedings? Was he divisive in the camp? If so, did it steer the ship wide of its course?

On merit, perhaps his inclusion was unjustified, but many a player has been taken to tournament for their experience and wider role. Nigeria are not the first and won’t be the last team to do this.

If it was unmerited (like you have admited) then why are we looking beyond that as the reasons some are not happy? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I mean if it was merited and performed like, Bassey for example, even the most rabid anti Northerner wouldn't have been able to say pim.

I don't get your line of reasoning. Musa didn't deserve to go to the AFCON for footballing reasons, a lot of people don't buy the non footballing reasons he was picked. It really is that simple.
Some would argue that Aribo did not deserve to go to AFCON either but I don’t hear you berating him… double standards❓🤔❗️

Cheers.
Terrible argument.

Cheers.

OK, Musa has been sacked; clap for yourself. Maybe now, you can afford to buy that house you’ve always wanted.

I see you’ve managed to convince yourself that playing in the championship, never mind that it’s mostly from the bench, and the FA cup is some kind of milestone that absolutely merits playing for the SuperEagles. To each his own🤔❗️

Cheers.
I don't know if he was sacked, the word I used was released. I am not happy about it but I am not surprised, he wasn't playing at all. Hope he can find a club if he wants to continue his club career, but I think he's done with the SE.

Aribo is playing in a league that Ndidi and Senior Man plays...why didn't you bring them up? Double standards?
Last edited by airwolex on Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

Super Eagles @ AFCON must be a vacation or make-a-wish charity cause

Nations that care about winning wouldn't invite players who are clubless. Nigerians have no shame smh
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

@ Mods,

As much as I don’t like some of the words Vancity uses sometimes on this forum, we may have to look into Musa and possible political connection if Peseiro quits and the next coach invites a club less Musa.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

packerland wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:01 pm @ Mods,

As much as I don’t like some of the words Vancity uses sometimes on this forum, we may have to look into Musa and possible political connection if Peseiro quits and the next coach invites a club less Musa.
I think Musa shoukd have gone after AFCON 2019 and certainly after AFCON 2021. And it is ok to speculate about non-footballing reasons for his invitation. It is ok to do that about any player. We all have our biases (I always have my Enyimba's Leke Ojo in recent SE squads that I draw up) but calling Musa thief can no longer be accepted.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:10 pm
Lolly wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:56 pm
gochino wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:46 pm I can't believe people are still justifying Musa's inclusion, most of our players were fatigued and had to play the final due to lack of options on the bench, yet we had Musa on the bench and the coach didn't trust him enough to let him play. Nigerians! Are we sure our problem is just leadership???
We had Awaziem on the bench but played an injured Ekong. We had Osayi on the bench but played an injured Aina. We had Onyedika on the bench but played Iwobi in a DM role. But we only saw Musa. Our problem includes insincerity.
dude STFU

Are any of Awaziem, Osayi, Onyedika clubless ?

Do they fail to make the bench for their respective clubs ?

Have they been utter shi$ any time they step on the pitch for SE ?

Have they been freeloading and parasiting off of SE for HALF A FRICKING DECADE ?

Do any of those players get forced on to the coach ?

again have some self respect and STFU.
Strangely, all those players play for their clubs but Peseinro did not find them good enough to use them. They were just occupying space on the bench like Musa. So as per the SE, they were all useless.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

goke313 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:06 am Super Eagles @ AFCON must be a vacation or make-a-wish charity cause

Nations that care about winning wouldn't invite players who are clubless. Nigerians have no shame smh
But Musa wasn’t clubless. He just wasn’t getting games. Keshi once invited a player who hadn’t played for over a year. And previous coaches for the SE and youth teams have invited clubless players to tournaments.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Lolly wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:59 pm
goke313 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:06 am Super Eagles @ AFCON must be a vacation or make-a-wish charity cause

But Musa wasn’t clubless. He just wasn’t getting games. Keshi once invited a player who hadn’t played for over a year. And previous coaches for the SE and youth teams have invited clubless players to tournaments.
Do you want to maintain the status quo? Why not put an end to it now. What Vancity is advocating is for a player that is not on the team on merit to be excluded. Yes, his language can be colorful at times but let’s focus on the message and not the messenger. Keshi won us a gold but he was corrupt no doubt. I always say winning that 2013 AFCON set us back.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The real story behind Ahmed Musa’s “sacking” by Sivasspor👇🏿❗️

https://scorenigeria.com.ng/ahmed-musa- ... -6-months/

Cheers.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

We have rules here -- articles (and not just the link) should be posted on the forum.
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:38 pm The real story behind Ahmed Musa’s “sacking” by Sivasspor👇🏿❗️

https://scorenigeria.com.ng/ahmed-musa- ... -6-months/

Cheers.
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

Lolly wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:59 pm

Could Musa's inclusion be a a new, innovative approach by the Coach/NFF have a player transition into an assistant coach? All local coaches recommended by the NFF have have been neglected or deemed unacceptable for myriad reasons by recent foreign coaches. Peserio seems to have sought Musa's input from the bench (who was visibly animated in certain matches) as opposed to Finidi who is, on paper, supposed to be part of his coaching staff.

Mike Emenalo was a member of the WC1994 team. His last invitation to the national team was 7, yes seven years before then. He missed three nations cup, AFCON qualifiers, and WC qualifiers and yet made that team. Yeye de smell.
Silver-Shadow
Egg
Egg

Post by Silver-Shadow »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:16 pm Nigerians act like women. Always pretending to be obtuse, when you KNOW exactly what is going on.

How many tournaments did Keshi and Yobo "steal?"

You do realize that Musa intends to be at the next AFCON and World Cup right?
Lolly wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:00 pm

I can’t remember Keshi or Yobo getting so much hate for not deserving a place in the AFCON team at the time.

I don’t agree with his selection but I would not abuse, invoke a curse or wish him harm for turning up and taking his place.
:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:
No Escape