BREAKING: Peseiro quits as SE coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BREAKING: Peseiro quits as SE coach

Post by vancity eagle »

Lolly wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:07 pm He ended his tenure on a high but he was bang average overall.

Now, let’s see who’s next. I suspect the NFF already have another foreigner on their radar.
average overall ?

he took the team to the final of the most competitve AFCON IN HISTORY.

The team did not concede a goal in 4 straight matches.

Give me a break.
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:51 pm Several Naija journos are already reporting it so it will be official soon. I suspect Amunike might be lined up to replace him cause he has been active in the media lately about coaching the SE
Amunike it must be!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:03 pm
Lolly wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:07 pm He ended his tenure on a high but he was bang average overall.

Now, let’s see who’s next. I suspect the NFF already have another foreigner on their radar.
average overall ?

Give me a break.
But he was average.

Forget tournament play. Evaluate him in the totality of his tenure.

Anyway, make we wait until they confirm that he has left for 'greener' pasture.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

They should have fired him in July. We just wasted 8 months. Now we have to bring in a new coach in the middle of world cup qualifications.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

average overall ?

Give me a break.
You said Keshi was trash, yet he won the Afcon and took Nigeria to the World Cup.
You said Amodu was trash yet he qualified Nigeria to the World Cup
You insulted these two late coaches.
Yet, you worship this Portuguese who played ugly and stumbled to the final.
Dude, you ain't Nigerian. You can't be. Dude, where are you really from? You can fool alot of people. You ain't fooling me.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I wouldn't take any reports from owngoalnigeria with a grain of salt, but it would appear every statement Peseiro has made to the media about his future with the SE seems to suggest he has his eyes set on a bigger offer from some of the teams that want him.

Let him go, I'm sick and tired of this journeymen coaches at this point honestly.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

highbury wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:11 pm

average overall ?

Give me a break.
You said Keshi was trash, yet he won the Afcon and took Nigeria to the World Cup.
Dude, you ain't Nigerian. You can't be. Dude, where are you really from? You can fool alot of people. You ain't fooling me.
VE will twerk for any backwater journeyman coach that plays the outdated 90's type of pragmatic, one-route yet subtly effective football as long as he's foreign...the dude has some really weird football standards honestly.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Cellular wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:11 pm

average overall ?

Give me a break.
But he was average.

The "totality" can never be "average" when he took the team to the final of the MOST COMPETITIVE AFCON IN HISTORY.

Even beating the eventual champions in their own backyard. Sorry but no way can that be considered "average"

What do you want to judge him on ? Friendlies ?

I wont consider his overall tenure outstanding at all, but it is certainly above average.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

uncle, he lost only 2 competive games out of 21! That's the totality of his tenure. You are too old to be criticizing just because ...

average overall ?

Give me a break.
But he was average.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

average overall ?

Give me a break.
If you are honest with yourself, which I doubt you can be

You will note that my problem with Keshi had NOTHING to do with his coaching

but entirely to do with his CORRUPTION

same reason I am fuming today about Ahmed Musa.

Because it is 110% UNADULTERATED CORRUPTION.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:12 pm Oliseh should be the top candidate. Assisted by Finidi. We need a thread for the coaching search
Do you have anti-juju charms for him? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:19 pm

average overall ?

Give me a break.
But he was average.

The "totality" can never be "average" when he took the team to the final of the MOST COMPETITIVE AFCON IN HISTORY.

Even beating the eventual champions in their own backyard. Sorry but no way can that be considered "average"

What do you want to judge him on ? Friendlies ?

I wont consider his overall tenure outstanding at all, but it is certainly above average.
He was(is) an above-average tournament coach but he wasn't an above-average coach in his stint with Naijaria.

He was one of the first coaches in Naijarian history that you watch his teams and realize that they have zero margin of error. They typically lost every positive statistical category in the games they played. They have not shown the ability to win without Osimhen. You guys talk about the friendlies and I laugh... what did he fix or learn from the friendlies? Let me tell you what he learned, that he is incapable of winning without Osimhen so the best way to hide his deficiencies is to play Osimhen until the wheels come off.

He is lucky he found a goalie. Or else he won't be coming back from any of the chances the other team had against us.

Ps., please remind me of the game (this tournament he hangs his hat on) that we outshot our opponent or created the most chances? Our resolute defending still saw us yielding more chances than we created. Is that how you want us to live?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:21 pm

average overall ?

Give me a break.

If **** or Pesiro were Naijarian and you analyzed their squad selection, you won't be as magnanimous. You will wish death on them.

But you hold him in higher esteem than Amodu and Keshi.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:48 pm Good! There'll be a lot of happy people on CE. Now we can move on to Oliseh or Amunike.
AWWW You are going to cry again? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dont worry, Benin Republic is there. Shebi you said you were going to be neutral during the World Cup Qualifiers because of them? Well, now you can go and support them. :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The people I blame here is the NFF. The incompetence is too much. They should have given him until the Monday after the AFCON was over to decide. And once he gave them an answer, they should have appointed someone immediately - someone they should have been speaking to.

Look at Liverpool and Klopp. Thats how you do transitions. He told them since November and they had been working on his exit + replacement.

As for that one. Good for him. After Venezuela, his career was shattered and over! His friend helped him and got him this job. His reputation has been cleaned up a bit. Another team will fall mugu for him, and like every other job he has had in the last 32 years he will... well you all know.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

iworo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:32 pm ‘I need a break’, Peseiro breaks silence on Super Eagles future

Jose Peseiro has broken silence about his future after his contract with the Super Eagles expired after the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.

The Portuguese guided the Super Eagles to a second-place finish at the 2023 AFCON in Cote d’Ivoire.

The 63-year-old has since been linked with the vacant Algeria and Tunisia coaching job.

Peseiro disclosed that although he has received up to seven offers, but for now, he is only focused on taking a break.

“I told everyone to come back at the end of the month. What is certain is that I want to continue coaching and I need to choose wisely,” he told Goal.

“At this moment, I repeat, all options remain possible. I received a lot of options, and a lot of contacts from national teams or clubs.

“I would say 5, 6 or 7, he revealed, without revealing their identity.

“I let them all know that I need to rest and that when my contract expires I will talk about it and start thinking about other projects. And decide my future. For now, I need to take a break and be calm.

“But I listen to the proposals and projects that are offered to me. And I evaluate whether I like it or not.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/i-n ... es-future/
Gotta love this man's PR. 5,6,7!! :rotf: But he couldnt name one! Sureeeeee... Painting himself as "wanted." :rotf: Kaii! Good for him sha!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Cellular wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:34 pm

average overall ?

Give me a break.

If **** or Pesiro were Naijarian and you analyzed their squad selection, you won't be as magnanimous. You will wish death on them.

You are just being dishonest.

Rohr and Peseiros squad selection was at least 90% on point.

Keshis was literally the worst I have ever seen. He had a good first 11 then the bench was literally filled with junks.

Amodu was just as defensive if not more than Peseiros team. So I don't get why you exhault one to bring down the other.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

iworo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:01 pm
Toot your horn my friend! Toot it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You were crap for 32 years! Came to Nigeria and was crap for 1 year! Then you tried in 3 games out of 7 in 3 weeks and some natives called you their messiah! toot am!! YOU ARE A WANTED MAN!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:51 pm

average overall ?

Give me a break.

Keshis was literally the worst I have ever seen. He had a good first 11 then the bench was literally filled with junks.

Amodu was just as defensive if not more than Peseiros team. So I don't get why you exhault one to bring down the other.
I won't dignify your comments about Keshi. But go and watch the highlights of Nigeria's win against Ghana in 2002 AFCON and tell me if that was a defensive performance. Even in our 2010 loss to Ghana in the semi-finals we were not defensive.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

average overall ?

Give me a break.
But he was average.

IT IS TOURNAMENTS THAT YOU EVALUATE NT COACHES WITH...
Last edited by txj on Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:51 pm

average overall ?

Give me a break.

VE, you keep accusing everyone challenging you here of dishonesty. It is actually ironic that you are the poster child of dishonesty. You are so dishonest in your assessment of a foreign coach in comparison to a local one.
You still haven't answered my question. Are you ethnically a Nigerian? If you're not ,then it makes sense with your prior statements.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

txj wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:27 pm

average overall ?

Give me a break.
But he was average.

I read Uncle's comment and really didn't understand it. Is it the qualifiers for the tournament that matter or the tournament itself? Or is it friendlies?? How can u forget tournament play????
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Ugbowo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:24 pm
txj wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:27 pm

average overall ?

Give me a break.
But he was average.

I read Uncle's comment and really didn't understand it. Is it the qualifiers for the tournament that matter or the tournament itself? Or is it friendlies?? How can u forget tournament play????
You can follow TXJ to parse my statement.

I said this as well... "Evaluate him in the totality of his tenure."
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...