BREAKING: Peseiro quits as SE coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
BREAKING: Peseiro quits as SE coach

Post by Tobi17 »

Owngoal just reported it on their site, can anyone verify this information?

https://x.com/owngoalnigeria/status/176 ... 87666?s=20
waka-man
Egg
Egg
Re: BREAKING: Peseiro quits as SE coach

Post by waka-man »

No big loss. He did well getting to AFCON final.
Nigeria also refurbished his reputation. He was a failure until us.

The big problem now is the FA will of course make a hash of appointing his replacement.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Good! There'll be a lot of happy people on CE. Now we can move on to Oliseh or Amunike.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Several Naija journos are already reporting it so it will be official soon. I suspect Amunike might be lined up to replace him cause he has been active in the media lately about coaching the SE
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

waka-man wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:43 pm No big loss. He did well getting to AFCON final.
Nigeria also refurbished his reputation. He was a failure until us.

The big problem now is the FA will of course make a hash of appointing his replacement.
The yeye coach. I am sure the mumu's in the NFF will looking for their next Oyinbo master from never heard of land and a never heard of name. From his CV you know that Passeiro na Ashawo coach. He never stays anywhere too long.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Good riddance to a load of rubbish.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

He ended his tenure on a high but he was bang average overall.

Now, let’s see who’s next. I suspect the NFF already have another foreigner on their radar.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We need an independent committee that will handle the hiring process. The NFF will most likely hire another journey man foreign coach. Wish Peseiro the best. I expect the NFF to start their shenanigans by appointing Salisu or Eguavon as interim coach. They will then control the squad list for the Argentina friendly. Wasting the friendly that should be used to prepare for the next round of qualifications.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Oliseh should be the top candidate. Assisted by Finidi. We need a thread for the coaching search

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

In other news,

Joshua Zirkzee (new rising football sensation) said he's open to playing for Nigeria.

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=50628
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:12 pm Oliseh should be the top candidate. Assisted by Finidi. We need a thread for the coaching search
Oliseh? God forbid.
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:12 pm Oliseh should be the top candidate. Assisted by Finidi. We need a thread for the coaching search
The Same oliseh that dumped us on the eve of a qualifier or a different oliseh. Did you not watch what Mikel said about his man management approach starting an immediate fight with our captain and greatest goalie ever. No to Sundance Oliseh
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Now all the internet coaches here can go and apply for the job.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

‘I need a break’, Peseiro breaks silence on Super Eagles future

Jose Peseiro has broken silence about his future after his contract with the Super Eagles expired after the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.

The Portuguese guided the Super Eagles to a second-place finish at the 2023 AFCON in Cote d’Ivoire.

The 63-year-old has since been linked with the vacant Algeria and Tunisia coaching job.

Peseiro disclosed that although he has received up to seven offers, but for now, he is only focused on taking a break.

“I told everyone to come back at the end of the month. What is certain is that I want to continue coaching and I need to choose wisely,” he told Goal.

“At this moment, I repeat, all options remain possible. I received a lot of options, and a lot of contacts from national teams or clubs.

“I would say 5, 6 or 7, he revealed, without revealing their identity.

“I let them all know that I need to rest and that when my contract expires I will talk about it and start thinking about other projects. And decide my future. For now, I need to take a break and be calm.

“But I listen to the proposals and projects that are offered to me. And I evaluate whether I like it or not.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/i-n ... es-future/
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

ugly boy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:26 pm
The Same oliseh that dumped us on the eve of a qualifier or a different oliseh. Did you not watch what Mikel said about his man management approach starting an immediate fight with our captain and greatest goalie ever. No to Sundance Oliseh
That is why he is my top choice He would rather quit than put with their shenanigans

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:37 pm Owngoal just reported it on their site, can anyone verify this information?

Did he apply for the job?

Remember that was the guise they used to remove Keshi.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:37 pm Owngoal just reported it on their site, can anyone verify this information?

I'm skeptical of this story. It would have been more credible if he had been terminated rather than resigning voluntarily. I doubt he would be foolish enough to resign over a mere $10,000 to $20,000 salary increase. He possesses the potential for a brighter future and greater opportunities, particularly with the Nigerian team in the World Cup, compared to Tunisia and Algeria. It seems likely that his agents are at work here, possibly pressuring the NFF for a swift decision and a salary boost. In any case, time will tell.....
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Hold your horses everyone.

Owngoal has reported this story incorrectly quite a few times. Nothing is set in stone yet.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:07 pm We need an independent committee that will handle the hiring process. The NFF will most likely hire another journey man foreign coach. Wish Peseiro the best. I expect the NFF to start their shenanigans by appointing Salisu or Eguavon as interim coach. They will then control the squad list for the Argentina friendly. Wasting the friendly that should be used to prepare for the next round of qualifications.
As long as you or anyone remotely like you are not on that committee, we’ll be fine. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

fake news

Algerian media are saying that Petkovic is about to be unveiled.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Damunk wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:00 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:07 pm We need an independent committee that will handle the hiring process. The NFF will most likely hire another journey man foreign coach. Wish Peseiro the best. I expect the NFF to start their shenanigans by appointing Salisu or Eguavon as interim coach. They will then control the squad list for the Argentina friendly. Wasting the friendly that should be used to prepare for the next round of qualifications.
As long as you or anyone remotely like you are not on that committee, we’ll be fine. :D
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: