BREAKING: Peseiro quits as SE coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: BREAKING: Peseiro quits as SE coach

Post by ohenhen1 »

mcal wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:52 am
Enugu II wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:20 am
Babalawo wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:13 am Good riddance, we wish him well, a very average coach at best.

Finidi should continue.
He is average for sure but so was Rohr and many FCs that Nigeria employs. They polish their CVs by coming to take charge of Nigeria. The next average one will do exactly the same. None of those guys is better than any of our good local coaches.
...and we as mugus, a well below average people, continue to fall for them. Who is the real mugu here?
Nigeria got talent. I wonder what Peseiro will do if he was managing Benin Republic or even South Africa.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

Peserio's handlers have intimated him of an improved negotiating position - new access to a president looking for populist appeal, AFCON finalist, and dangled "counter offers".

NFF is wary of them being bypassed with inevitable bigmanism of the coach leering its head. They have memories. Peserio not hired by them and/or not in their financial control.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:04 pm
Babalawo wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:13 am Good riddance, we wish him well, a very average coach at best.

Finidi should continue.
He is average for sure but so was Rohr and many FCs that Nigeria employs. They polish their CVs by coming to take charge of Nigeria. The next average one will do exactly the same. None of those guys is better than any of our good local coaches.
...and we as mugus, a well below average people, continue to fall for them. Who is the real mugu here?
Nigeria got talent. I wonder what Peseiro will do if he was managing Benin Republic or even South Africa.
...we got talent in players yes, he is referring to coaching.
Do we have talents in that department, heck yeah, get them the job.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Finidi should continue.
Mcal

Ofcourse we are mugufied by them. We praise them for adding very little to the SE. A few months ago we praised Rohr as if he was godsend. What exactly did he achieve with Nigeria? 3rd at an AFCON that so many others achieved before him, first round exit at the WC when others went t to final 16 before him. I can go on and on. What exactly did he achieve before coming to Nigeria and what has he done since?

Reality is that they all use Nigeria to polish their CVs and add very little. Ofcourse, we all get hoodwinked praising the White god.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:06 am

Finidi should continue.
Mcal

Ofcourse we are mugufied by them. We praise them for adding very little to the SE. A few months ago we praised Rohr as if he was godsend. What exactly did he achieve with Nigeria? 3rd at an AFCON that so many others achieved before him, first round exit at the WC when others went t to final 16 before him. I can go on and on. What exactly did he achieve before coming to Nigeria and what has he done since?

Reality is that they all use Nigeria to polish their CVs and add very little. Ofcourse, we all get hoodwinked praising the White god.
Lets pause for a moment and examine your statements based on facts:

1. How many FCs who have coached Nigeria in the past have gone on to better jobs based on 'using Nigeria to polish their CVs?

2. How many of our local coaches have added value to the SE beyond what they met outside Keshi and who are those?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Well,

Peseiro actually confirmed it himself on twitter (x) that he is leaving, glad he was smart enough to exit the stage when the ovation was loud.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

txj wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:30 pm

Finidi should continue.
Mcal

1. How many FCs who have coached Nigeria in the past have gone on to better jobs based on 'using Nigeria to polish their CVs?

2. How many of our local coaches have added value to the SE beyond what they met outside Keshi and who are those?
You won’t get a response
I am happy
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Dammy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:55 pm

Finidi should continue.
Mcal

You won’t get a response
Troussier?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Egu is back😂😂😂
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

We have been gamed by Peseiro. How do you leave your team in the middle of the WCQs?
I agree that the conditions of his service left a lot to be desired. He’s not paid as at when due and he also has to pay for his assistants from the salary. He also has to pay tax on the salary, so at the end of the day, most of his salary doesn’t go into his pockets.
If we want a good coach, we need to correct these anomalies
I am happy
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The NFF is predictable.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Dammy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:23 pm We have been gamed by Peseiro. How do you leave your team in the middle of the WCQs?
I agree that the conditions of his service left a lot to be desired. He’s not paid as at when due and he also has to pay for his assistants from the salary. He also has to pay tax on the salary, so at the end of the day, most of his salary doesn’t go into his pockets.

How Sir?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Dammy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:23 pm We have been gamed by Peseiro. How do you leave your team in the middle of the WCQs?

No you have been gamed

They should have fired him in July last year Hire a long term coach. Remember when I warned people on CE. I said might as well fire him now. So that the new coach can use Afcon to prepare for qualifiers. They attacked me, saying you don't fire a coach so close to a tournament. Which was five months. I warned you people we need a long term solution. You shouldn't change coaches in the middle of world cup qualifications. Now see the mess. Any way Nigeria players are resilient. We can overcome the idiotic decisions. They have to move quickly to hire a coach that will handle the rest of WC qualifiers and the next Afcon. No interim coach.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

2nd place price money was 4 million dollars and the FG is helping. So they can afford a good coach.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:24 pm

How Sir?
The thing taya me.

A guy's contract is ending on February 29 2024 and you, as the employer sat down, crossed your legs and were drinking tea. We even saw several Cybereagles members saying we should give the guy time to rest and he should let us know when he is ready to come back :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: No be curse be that so? Who made us??!!

A serious NFF (and a serious fanbase with a brain) would have already closed this matter by November. If the NFF intended to keep him, make him an offer which states that no later than 24 hours after our participating in the AFCON, if he meets the terms, he must sign. If he doesnt, the contract is invalid. Simple as that. On the side, the NFF contacts possible replacements and start having conversations with them. As soon as we exit/win, 24 hours, he hasnt signed, the NFF accelerates the convo with whoever they have chosen and close that deal. That is how serious team act!

Look at Liverpool. Imagine Pool waiting until the end of this season to learn that Klopp will not re-sign. Can you even imagine that? :lol: :lol: But in Nigeria (and Africa), this is normal and the citizens are sooooo %&^$# that they think this is normal.

viewtopic.php?p=5960870#p5960870
danfo driver wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:48 pm The people I blame here is the NFF. The incompetence is too much. They should have given him until the Monday after the AFCON was over to decide. And once he gave them an answer, they should have appointed someone immediately - someone they should have been speaking to.

Look at Liverpool and Klopp. Thats how you do transitions. He told them since November and they had been working on his exit + replacement.

As for that one. Good for him. After Venezuela, his career was shattered and over! His friend helped him and got him this job. His reputation has been cleaned up a bit. Another team will fall mugu for him, and like every other job he has had in the last 32 years he will... well you all know.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I think Peseiro made a mistake. He should have stuck with Nigeria
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

deanotito wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:27 am I think Peseiro made a mistake. He should have stuck with Nigeria
He made the right and smart decision. 50kmonth for a coach and his assistants to share coaching a team like Nigeria where expectations are always high and pressure-cooker ( over 220 million people) is very very disrespectful and embarrassing. The morons that run the NFF should go source for private sector funds to fund the NFF instead still relying on government hand-out.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Finidi should continue.
Mcal

Txj,

Sometimes, I am surprised. It is apparent that you do not know much about SE history as I thought.

Well, let me address your question directly. Hopefully, you will not modify your question as you seek to wriggle out of it.

1. Read the above and note that you added "better jobs" what I noted was that they polished their CVs before moving on -- Westerhoff was unknown as a Manager until he came to Nigeria and made his name as Manager and polished his CV and moved on.

2. Gernot Rohr, apart from an FA Cup appearance in Europe, was unremarkable coming to Africa and achieved little until he came to Nigeria and suddenly he was being regarded, including here on CE, as this great coach!

3. Who did Manfred Hoener exactly manage before handling Nigeria's NT? NOBODY!!

4. Although Phillipe Troussier was already managing teams before coming to Nigeria, he really was quite average and throughout his career his winning percentage was barely 50% and in his few games with Nigeria he was winning close to 70%.

6. Where exactly had Johaness Bonfrere coached before coming to Nigeria? Yet, he arrioved here ands earmned a stellar record!

7. Peseiro will now leave Nigeria having gone to the championship game of the AFCON. What was his record like before coming to Nigeria? You tell me.

If it is not obvious to you what is happening, it should be obvious to those who sare watcvhingh moreclosel;y.

NOW, on local managers?

It isn't just Keshi that has added value to Nigeria? Although he was the big one in Nigeria's history surpassing all foreign and local managers bar Westerhoff.

If we assume that Gernot Rohr or any recent FC (besides Westerhofff) added value then I must state that the local coaches have not done any worse than the likes of Gernot Rohr in terms of laurel winning (AFCON bronze) -- Adegboye Onigbinde, Christian Chukwu, Augustine Eguavoen, SHuaibu Amodu! All have won an AFCON bronze!!! In the case of Onigbinde, he actually won a silver!

HOPEFULLY, YOU WILL NOT SHIFT THE GOALPOSTS AS ALWAYS
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

We should have sacked that guy before AFCON. By now we would have been sure of out world cup qualifiers team.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

The guy knows no way this Nigerian team will make it to the worldcup after what he saw from South Africa. Better to leave now that after his record is tarnished by non-qualification. Smart move based on facts not emotions. This team will not qualify for the worldcup anyways - SA is baying for their blood and scalp. Not having points after those 2 games will hunt them
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

The guy knows no way this Nigerian team will make it to the worldcup after what he saw from South Africa. Better to leave now that after his record is tarnished by non-qualification. Smart move based on facts not emotions. This team will not qualify for the worldcup anyways - SA is baying for their blood and scalp. Not having points after those 2 games will hunt them
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:29 pm
txj wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:24 pm

How Sir?
The thing taya me.

A guy's contract is ending on February 29 2024 and you, as the employer sat down, crossed your legs and were drinking tea. We even saw several Cybereagles members saying we should give the guy time to rest and he should let us know when he is ready to come back :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: No be curse be that so? Who made us??!!

A serious NFF (and a serious fanbase with a brain) would have already closed this matter by November. If the NFF intended to keep him, make him an offer which states that no later than 24 hours after our participating in the AFCON, if he meets the terms, he must sign. If he doesnt, the contract is invalid. Simple as that. On the side, the NFF contacts possible replacements and start having conversations with them. As soon as we exit/win, 24 hours, he hasnt signed, the NFF accelerates the convo with whoever they have chosen and close that deal. That is how serious team act!

Look at Liverpool. Imagine Pool waiting until the end of this season to learn that Klopp will not re-sign. Can you even imagine that? :lol: :lol: But in Nigeria (and Africa), this is normal and the citizens are sooooo %&^$# that they think this is normal.

viewtopic.php?p=5960870#p5960870
danfo driver wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:48 pm The people I blame here is the NFF. The incompetence is too much. They should have given him until the Monday after the AFCON was over to decide. And once he gave them an answer, they should have appointed someone immediately - someone they should have been speaking to.

Look at Liverpool and Klopp. Thats how you do transitions. He told them since November and they had been working on his exit + replacement.

As for that one. Good for him. After Venezuela, his career was shattered and over! His friend helped him and got him this job. His reputation has been cleaned up a bit. Another team will fall mugu for him, and like every other job he has had in the last 32 years he will... well you all know.
Exactly! But they will drag it and then appoint a local coach one week before the game. Then if he fails, the usual suspects will use it as an example of local coaches not performing. With Rohr, they dragged his departure and appointed Eguavoen at the last minute. They will do the same in this case.