Who is your top choice for SE coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

New SE coach

Oliseh
9%
Findi
26%
Amunike.
39%
Yobo
No votes
Mosimane
17%
Seedorf
4%
Rohr
4%

Total votes: 23

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Who is your top choice for SE coach

Post by ohenhen1 »

Mine is Sunday Oliseh.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Who is your top choice for SE coach

Post by ohenhen1 »

Tom Sainfelt who is their rumored top choice took the Philippines job. The NFF need to hire a firm that will do the coaching job search for them. They obviously don't know how to hire a coach. They should have started that process in July last year. But we expect the NFF to name an interim. Probably Salisu or Eguavon.

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Sunday Oliseh who beefed with our top players ?

You do not wish Nigeria well at all.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:28 pm Sunday Oliseh who beefed with our top players ?

That is why he is one of my top choices. We don't need a yes sir coach to handle the Eagles.

olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Amunike or Mitsomane. Finidi can continue as an assistant and also handle the U23 or U20 team.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

CREATE A CONSORTIUM OF COACHES

Needs to be understood and well constructed.
Bell
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Oliseh, with Finidi as the Associate Head Coach.

Oliseh has performed to an exceptional level in Europe. Took an underdog team to the top flight in Europe in record breaking fashion. Has a reputation as a hot head,(correctly), but there is usually some underlying principle behind his drama - Owner's shadiness, Injustice to homebased players, NFF's incompetence.

The case against him is loaded - Quit on team; Cancelled a friendly as Captain, Seen as confrontational even when diplomacy could work.

I think he has matured and learned his lesson. I like the fact the he chose not to respond to Mikel's recent rant. Also, if Finidi has an independent contract as his associate coachm then he can step into the top job if Oliseh quits.

Finidi has had a top level career as a world class player, and has stayed busy as Coach of the Nigerian Champions. His involvement in the domestic league is also a plus.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

truetalk wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:54 pm Oliseh, with Finidi as the Associate Head Coach.

Oliseh has performed to an exceptional level in Europe. Took an underdog team to the top flight in Europe in record breaking fashion. Has a reputation as a hot head,(correctly), but there is usually some underlying principle behind his drama - Owner's shadiness, Injustice to homebased players, NFF's incompetence.

The case against him is loaded - Quit on team; Cancelled a friendly as Captain, Seen as confrontational even when diplomacy could work.

I think he has matured and learned his lesson. I like the fact the he chose not to respond to Mikel's recent rant. Also, if Finidi has an independent contract as his associate coachm then he can step into the top job if Oliseh quits.

Finidi has had a top level career as a world class player, and has stayed busy as Coach of the Nigerian Champions. His involvement in the domestic league is also a plus.
So that the so called ‘witches’ can attack him again? Abi they have lost their power since he last encountered them? You sure sey you no be hin enemy? 😂
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Bell wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:24 pm CREATE A CONSORTIUM OF COACHES

Bell
This na Classic Pinnick language :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
This aforementioned statement is when they at the glass house want to bamboozle us.
Please tell me which NFF that struggles to pay their coaches want a consortium unless na smokescreen to hide their true intention
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Oliseh prefered formation is 4231. Will need more midfielders.

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

highbury wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:05 pm

Bell
This aforementioned statement is when they at the glass house want to bamboozle us.
Please tell me which NFF that struggles to pay their coaches want a consortium unless na smokescreen to hide their true intention
Abi? They can barely pay their current coaches and you want them to pay a firm thousands of dollars to help them find a coach.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Mosimane preferred formation is also 4-2-3-1.

Nwabilich
Osayi, Ajayi, Omeruo, Bassey
Yusuf, Ndidi
Lookman, Iwobi, Moses
Osimhen

Injured players- Ekong, Sanusi, Boniface, Aina

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:21 am Mosimane preferred formation is also 4-2-3-1.

Nwabilich
Yusuf, Ndidi
Lookman, Iwobi, Moses
Osimhen

you definitely hate us
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:51 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:21 am Mosimane preferred formation is also 4-2-3-1.

Nwabilich
Yusuf, Ndidi
Lookman, Iwobi, Moses
Osimhen

you definitely hate us

Based on the last squad list. Not what I want. Ndidi was part of the last squad list until he got injured.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

If I were to pick a squad for the friendly.

Nwabili
Ebuehi, Ajayi,Bassey, Collins or another LB.
Eletu, Nwakili, Akinsamiro
Iwobi, Osimhen, Lookman

Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

packerland wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:00 am
highbury wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:05 pm

Bell
Abi? They can barely pay their current coaches and you want them to pay a firm thousands of dollars to help them find a coach.
THERE'S A REASON I ADDED "WELL CONSTRUCTED"

Because a well constructed consortium could be designed to be less expensive than the conventional set up.
Bell
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

truetalk wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:54 pm Oliseh, with Finidi as the Associate Head Coach.

When exactly did he do that?... Just for the record, in his last job, Oliseh lost 6 out of 6 games with his division 4 German club and decided to sack himself out of shame!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

We're the kings of Bronze at the AFCON.

I know Rohr also got bronze, but that was because we met the eventual (unstoppable) winners too early.

Apart from Keshi, who I will not really class as a local coach, as he perfected his craft abroad, all local coaches are bronze merchants.

One of the worst foreign coaches we got in our footballing history was actually able to craft a strategy that got us to the AFCON final.

We need to stick with foreign coaches if we want to catch up with Cameroon in AFCON wins.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Seedorf ke?
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:28 pm Sunday Oliseh who beefed with our top players ?

Name those "top" players?
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

Back to meritocracy - player selection based on form
If you not playing top flight high level football
Not starting in their club team
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:04 pm

So that the so called ‘witches’ can attack him again? Abi they have lost their power since he last encountered them? You sure sey you no be hin enemy? 😂
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."