Who is your top choice for SE coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

New SE coach

Oliseh
9%
Findi
26%
Amunike.
39%
Yobo
No votes
Mosimane
17%
Seedorf
4%
Rohr
4%

Total votes: 23

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Who is your top choice for SE coach

Post by Lolly »

Who amongst our local coaches on the list has a good track record with a club side or national team?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

And why is Egbo not on that list?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

azuka wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:23 pm And why is Egbo not on that list?
He hasnt paid people to push his name.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dont also forget that Nigerians have battered-wife syndrome. They are attracted to people who have humiliated them in the past. Thats why the likes of Obasanjo and Buhari came back. IBB and Atoku have run multiple times and gotten votes. Tinubu and the rest are in their 80s and still running and getting votes. Have you seen any young person run for president of Nigeria an get considered by Nigerians?? keeping in mind that the age between 25-45 is the overwhelming largest population in Nigeria.

Which means that young Nigerians are voting for these octogenarians over young and viable candidates. No be curse be that?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Amunike preferred formation is 4-3-3. If he takes charge, we will be changing our system.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Look like the plan is to name Eguavon interim coach. He runs basically the same system dumb 424 system as Peseiro. They go call up heeyou players. waste the Argentina friendly. I go call am like I see am. It will be difficult for Nigeria to qualify for the world cup. Even if we qualify it will be by luck and it will be a first round exit at the world cup. They have no contingency plan for a coach.

kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

:evil: :twisted:
Sia 1 + Amunike + Amokachi .. .!! :thumbs:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

They have convinced me. Finidi might be the best option at this stage for Nigeria. He earned his UEFA pro A license. Coached the youth team at Mallorca. He has also coached Enyimba for two years now. Winning the title last year. Enyimba is currently top of the table. He is currently the assistant SE coach that reached the finals and lost to Ivory Coast. So he knows the team. You get continuity and he can bring in his ideas.

His preferred formation is 442.
I can see him deploying

Nwabili
LB, Ajayi, new CD, Bassey
Iwobi, New CM, Ndidi, Lookman
Boniface or Awoniyi, Osimhen

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Lolly wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:02 pm
maceo4 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:04 pm
truetalk wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:54 pm Oliseh, with Finidi as the Associate Head Coach.

Oliseh has performed to an exceptional level in Europe. Took an underdog team to the top flight in Europe in record breaking fashion. Has a reputation as a hot head,(correctly), but there is usually some underlying principle behind his drama - Owner's shadiness, Injustice to homebased players, NFF's incompetence.

The case against him is loaded - Quit on team; Cancelled a friendly as Captain, Seen as confrontational even when diplomacy could work.

I think he has matured and learned his lesson. I like the fact the he chose not to respond to Mikel's recent rant. Also, if Finidi has an independent contract as his associate coachm then he can step into the top job if Oliseh quits.

Finidi has had a top level career as a world class player, and has stayed busy as Coach of the Nigerian Champions. His involvement in the domestic league is also a plus.
So that the so called ‘witches’ can attack him again? Abi they have lost their power since he last encountered them? You sure sey you no be hin enemy? 😂
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:20 pm Mine is Sunday Oliseh.
Good to know. :lol:
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:21 am Mosimane preferred formation is also 4-2-3-1.

Nwabilich
Osayi, Ajayi, Omeruo, Bassey
Yusuf, Ndidi
Lookman, Iwobi, Moses
Osimhen

Injured players- Ekong, Sanusi, Boniface, Aina
4-2-3-1 is the formation that fits us the best. We must choose a coach that uses this formation.

Mine would be:

Nwabili
Osayi, Ajayi, Torunarigha, Bassey
Yusuf, Ndidi
Chukwueze, Iwobi, Lookman
Osimhen

Injured players- Ekong, Sanusi, Boniface, Aina
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

Mike Emenalo
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

kbt wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:40 pmMike Emenalo
They cannot afford him… but he might accept if he’s offered the job because he is a true patriot🤔❗️

Cheers.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

ANC wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:47 am
Lolly wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:02 pm
maceo4 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:04 pm
truetalk wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:54 pm Oliseh, with Finidi as the Associate Head Coach.

Oliseh has performed to an exceptional level in Europe. Took an underdog team to the top flight in Europe in record breaking fashion. Has a reputation as a hot head,(correctly), but there is usually some underlying principle behind his drama - Owner's shadiness, Injustice to homebased players, NFF's incompetence.

The case against him is loaded - Quit on team; Cancelled a friendly as Captain, Seen as confrontational even when diplomacy could work.

I think he has matured and learned his lesson. I like the fact the he chose not to respond to Mikel's recent rant. Also, if Finidi has an independent contract as his associate coachm then he can step into the top job if Oliseh quits.

Finidi has had a top level career as a world class player, and has stayed busy as Coach of the Nigerian Champions. His involvement in the domestic league is also a plus.
So that the so called ‘witches’ can attack him again? Abi they have lost their power since he last encountered them? You sure sey you no be hin enemy? 😂
That is why Finidi should be Associate Head Coach. He steps in if Oliseh has not tempered his temperament.

Sia1 should get back in the mix as Associate Head Coach, if Oliseh flames out and Finidi becomes head coach.

Amunike should be head of the U-21 and U-23s and Local Eagles, with a mandate for the JWC, CHAN and the next Olympics.

He has performed with the U-17, and the Tanzania job is not enough preparation to step into the Eagles role.

Let's start a genuine coaching pyramid.

I'm a huge fan of Pitso, and he would be my choice if we want to go International, but we are in the same group with Bafana. It really should not matter, but we all think about these things.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Such a wack list. Ayo told you people that Zidane or Klopp is coming.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Amuneke!
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Umaysee
Egg
Egg

Post by Umaysee »

Finidi
Psalm 16:7
I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.
KJV
Umaysee
Egg
Egg

Post by Umaysee »

Finidi George
Psalm 16:7
I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.
KJV