How about a Local coach with a foreign assistant

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
How about a Local coach with a foreign assistant

Post by ugly boy »

I mean whatever someone like Finidi lacks in technical ability can be hired. There are many good match readers, scouts and tacticians working in several clubs in South America. We know Finidi loves his country and has hardly been involved in controversy like Oliseh
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: How about a Local coach with a foreign assistant

Post by ohenhen1 »

Who told you Finidi lacks technical ability.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Look at these two jokers :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:. Una go kill person for this forum :lol: .
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

ugly boy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:32 pm I mean whatever someone like Finidi lacks in technical ability can be hired. There are many good match readers, scouts and tacticians working in several clubs in South America. We know Finidi loves his country and has hardly been involved in controversy like Oliseh
Not everything need be outsourced.
We have competent people with innovative ideas in almost every sphere, but we
continue to overlook them for reasons ranging from inferiority complex to wanting
to do underhand business.
Football and sports techniques are not written in stone. All that's needed is to learn
the basics and innovate to fit the rules of the activity.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

I have always wondered why if these people love Oyinbo so much, why can't they hire them as assistants to our own local coach? Senegal does that. I despise foreign coaches at the helm when we have able Nigerians.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:39 pm Who told you Finidi lacks technical ability.
He is black. He has to lack it.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

When I tell you people that you should read what Nigerians write and you will sit down and wonder whether there is mental illness involved, you guys said I am joking :lol: :lol: :lol:

We should hire a local coach and then tell him to go out there and look for a white man to assist him. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am done! I am taking a well deserved break from this place! TUFIAKWA!! :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

x
Last edited by danfo driver on Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

highbury wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:37 pm I have always wondered why if these people love Oyinbo so much, why can't they hire them as assistants to our own local coach? Senegal does that. I despise foreign coaches at the helm when we have able Nigerians.
Precisely Senegal stuck with Cisse and they hire assistants to augment him. I don't know if Finidi could have got us to AFCON finals but if he did he won't lose that finals especially in such cowardly way
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:39 pm When I tell you people that you should read what Nigerians write and you will sit down and wonder whether there is mental illness involved, you guys said I am joking :lol: :lol: :lol:

We should hire a local coach and then tell him to go out there and look for a white man to assist him. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am done! I am taking a well deserved break from this place! TUFIAKWA!! :oops:
Clearly you comprehension deficit. Either you have low IQ or you not exposed. Where in my post did I mention a white man. 🤔
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ugly boy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:25 pm

Clearly you comprehension deficit. Either you have low IQ or you not exposed. Where in my post did I mention a white man. 🤔
Hmm.. I think its the latter. Give me one minute, let me go outside and expose myself small. I dey come.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@UB, whatever a local coach lacks, as they once said in tech circles, they can “RTFM”. If said local coach is missing a few tools, let them go and train, return once they have gathered the skills and competence to lead the national side. Inviting someone to compensate for their shortcomings will only serve to highlight their flaws and pave way for division and a question of leadership.

As much a gadfly as DD is, there is a hint of reason in his stereotypically overblown diatribe.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The reality is that this type of talk often demonstrates the deep brainwashing of folks. First, there is nothing in football coaching that makes it impossible for someone from Agbalidi Inyi to acquite. Nigerians are in far more complex and challenging fields. Managing soccer is a lot less tasking than several fields conquered by hundreds of Nigerians. I just laugh. When Nigeria FF talks about hiring a foreign manager, those in tge know should realize that it is simply a CODE for embezzling funds and has nothing to do with issues regarding indigenous ability.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:01 pm The reality is that this type of talk often demonstrates the deep brainwashing of folks. First, there is nothing in football coaching that makes it impossible for someone from Agbalidi Inyi to acquite. Nigerians are in far more complex and challenging fields. Managing soccer is a lot less tasking than several fields conquered by hundreds of Nigerians. I just laugh. When Nigeria FF talks about hiring a foreign manager, those in tge know should realize that it is simply a CODE for embezzling funds and has nothing to do with issues regarding indigenous ability.
Enugu II, if we follow your line of thinking, one might expect to see a significant number of exceptional soccer coaches from countries like United States, China, and India, given their successes in other complex and challenging fields.

My brother, it's important to recognize that coaching sports requires a distinct set of skills and knowledge that may not directly correlate with success in other domains. While individuals from these countries may possess certain attributes that could be advantageous in coaching, success in soccer coaching ultimately depends on a range of factors specific to the sport and the individual coach's abilities and experiences. You feel me bro?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

iworo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:15 pm
Enugu II wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:01 pm The reality is that this type of talk often demonstrates the deep brainwashing of folks. First, there is nothing in football coaching that makes it impossible for someone from Agbalidi Inyi to acquite. Nigerians are in far more complex and challenging fields. Managing soccer is a lot less tasking than several fields conquered by hundreds of Nigerians. I just laugh. When Nigeria FF talks about hiring a foreign manager, those in tge know should realize that it is simply a CODE for embezzling funds and has nothing to do with issues regarding indigenous ability.
Enugu II, if we follow your line of thinking, one might expect to see a significant number of exceptional soccer coaches from countries like United States, China, and India, given their successes in other complex and challenging fields.

My brother, it's important to recognize that coaching sports requires a distinct set of skills and knowledge that may not directly correlate with success in other domains. While individuals from these countries may possess certain attributes that could be advantageous in coaching, success in soccer coaching ultimately depends on a range of factors specific to the sport and the individual coach's abilities and experiences. You feel me bro?
There's a guy named Fritz Pollard in American football. Years after he was the first black coach there are still people who doubt that a black man can be a coach albeit a successful one.

There was also a guy named Tony Collins in the UK. The first of his kind... he also won a trophy.

Prof., Enugu II is speaking out of experience. Before him was his father who conquered areas most people dared not to embark on. Muchless an African or a Naijarian. More than 60 years after he conquered what was beyond the reach of Africans some people still have the mindset that Coaching is one thing our people can't do well?

Who did this to us?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:27 pm

There's a guy named Fritz Pollard in American football. Years after he was the first black coach there are still people who doubt that a black man can be a coach albeit a successful one.

There was also a guy named Tony Collins in the UK. The first of his kind... he also won a trophy.

Prof., Enugu II is speaking out of experience. Before him was his father who conquered areas most people dared not to embark on. Muchless an African or a Naijarian. More than 60 years after he conquered what was beyond the reach of Africans some people still have the mindset that Coaching is one thing our people can't do well?

Who did this to us?
Chai.
Is this the argument you are contesting?
With whom?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Keshi and Siasia both had foreign assistants.
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Well said Iworo
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Na wa.
Na so you see am?
“Brainwashing?”
Really?

What if I said you and Cellular are brainwashed into thinking that your fellow countrymen lack intellectual ability simply by virtue of them seeing things different from the way than you do?
In short, you guys are some of the few Nigerians/Africans/black men (take your pick) that have what it takes to avoid “brainwashing”?

Because that’s how you guys consistently come across… and it’s funny! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Just to clarify (and I will repeat it in caps yet again):
THE ARGUMENT IS NOT THAT NIGERIANS CANNOT COACH THE SNR NATIONAL TEAM!
THE ARGUMENT IS THAT WE DO NOT HAVE COACHES THAT HAVE DEMONSTRATED IN PRACTISE (I.E, ON THEIR CVs) THAT THEY ARE UP TO IT.

I will repeat my rider:
Whether na Amuneke, Finidi or Oliseh, none of them will make a 20-man shortlist of anonymized applicants in a call thrown open for the SE job.

Y’all know this is true but I won’t hold my breath for an acceptance speech. :rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Coach wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:49 pm @UB, whatever a local coach lacks, as they once said in tech circles, they can “RTFM”. If said local coach is missing a few tools, let them go and train, return once they have gathered the skills and competence to lead the national side. Inviting someone to compensate for their shortcomings will only serve to highlight their flaws and pave way for division and a question of leadership.

As much a gadfly as DD is, there is a hint of reason in his stereotypically overblown diatribe.
…and make the whole situation ridiculous.
It’s an admission of a lack of confidence in the coach’s ability.
All these calls for joint management by Amuneke and Finidi just smacks of mediocrity.

A ‘whole’ Amuneke!
’Odindi’ Finidi!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

ugly boy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:32 pm I mean whatever someone like Finidi lacks in technical ability can be hired. There are many good match readers, scouts and tacticians working in several clubs in South America. We know Finidi loves his country and has hardly been involved in controversy like Oliseh
IF HE LACKS IT...

...why appoint him in the first place?
Bell
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:52 pm
Na wa.
Na so you see am?
“Brainwashing?”
Really?

What if I said you and Cellular are brainwashed into thinking that your fellow countrymen lack intellectual ability simply by virtue of them seeing things different from the way than you do?
In short, you guys are some of the few Nigerians/Africans/black men (take your pick) that have what it takes to avoid “brainwashing”?

Because that’s how you guys consistently come across… and it’s funny! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Just to clarify (and I will repeat it in caps yet again):
THE ARGUMENT IS NOT THAT NIGERIANS CANNOT COACH THE SNR NATIONAL TEAM!
THE ARGUMENT IS THAT WE DO NOT HAVE COACHES THAT HAVE DEMONSTRATED IN PRACTISE (I.E, ON THEIR CVs) THAT THEY ARE UP TO IT.

I will repeat my rider:
Whether na Amuneke, Finidi or Oliseh, none of them will make a 20-man shortlist of anonymized applicants in a call thrown open for the SE job.

Y’all know this is true but I won’t hold my breath for an acceptance speech. :rotf:
Damunk

Rephrasing it does not help your point. There are multiple Nigerians who have demonstrated football managerial ability at all levels from the youth to adult levels. There are numerous ones and several mentioned here with remarkable results at senior club levels.

Bros, let's not make coaching football into something mysterious that is beyond Nigerians. That is just laughable.

TBH, I can understand if Nigeria was to state preference for a Polish guy over a Nigerian on a or z situational criterion. But I cannot accept that no Nigerian is qualified to manage the Eagles. That just makes no sense whatsoever based on previous records, extant records, or otherwise. That type of thinking reeks of a mentality that just should not be acceptable in this day and age.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics