BREAKING: Peseiro Takes a break... To decide in weeks

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
BREAKING: Peseiro Takes a break... To decide in weeks

Post by Enugu II »

'I need to take a break' — Peseiro breaks silence on Super Eagles future
Ifeanyi Ufomadu • 09:23 - 28.02.2024
https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/sto ... 20to%20me.

Super Eagles head coach Jose Peseiro has opened up on his next coaching steps after AFCON 2023.
Peseiro led Nigeria to the final of the just concluded AFCON 2023, losing 2-1 to host nation Ivory Coast in a nervy final.

The 63-year-old Portuguese tactician is reportedly a free agent following the expiration of his contract with the NFF and is yet to decide on his next coaching job.

Peseiro reveals he has several offers to leave Super Eagles

Peseiro has been linked with the vacant Algeria job and insists he has up to 7 offers on his table.

“I told everyone to come back at the end of the month. What is certain is that I want to continue coaching and I need to choose wisely,” he told Goal.

“At this moment, I repeat, all options remain possible. I received a lot of options and a lot of contacts from national teams or clubs.

“I would say 5, 6 or 7 offers.

“I let them all know that I need to rest and that when my contract expires I will talk about it and start thinking about other projects. And decide my future. For now, I need to take a break and be calm.

“But I listen to the proposals and projects that are offered to me. And I evaluate whether I like it or not.”
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BREAKING: Peseiro Takes a break... To decide in weeks

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I thought he already quit and Oliseh was waiting for his plane ticket to Abuja . No be so again?
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:25 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:30 pm
'I need to take a break' — Peseiro breaks silence on Super Eagles future
Ifeanyi Ufomadu • 09:23 - 28.02.2024
https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/sto ... 20to%20me.

Super Eagles head coach Jose Peseiro has opened up on his next coaching steps after AFCON 2023.
Peseiro led Nigeria to the final of the just concluded AFCON 2023, losing 2-1 to host nation Ivory Coast in a nervy final.

The 63-year-old Portuguese tactician is reportedly a free agent following the expiration of his contract with the NFF and is yet to decide on his next coaching job.

Peseiro reveals he has several offers to leave Super Eagles

Peseiro has been linked with the vacant Algeria job and insists he has up to 7 offers on his table.

“I told everyone to come back at the end of the month. What is certain is that I want to continue coaching and I need to choose wisely,” he told Goal.

“At this moment, I repeat, all options remain possible. I received a lot of options and a lot of contacts from national teams or clubs.

“I would say 5, 6 or 7 offers.

“I let them all know that I need to rest and that when my contract expires I will talk about it and start thinking about other projects. And decide my future. For now, I need to take a break and be calm.

“But I listen to the proposals and projects that are offered to me. And I evaluate whether I like it or not.”
His contract expires today. So please, starting from tomorrow, we should no longer post him on Eagles Nest, as he will now be the past coach.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

i don't know which break, we are supposed to have at least a friendly match in 20 days or 26 days we do not even know which country we are playing, NFF is always messed up. Algeria already has a new coach.

https://www.google.com/search?q=new+alg ... s-wiz-serp
thanks
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

delisyomie don wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:48 pm i don't know which break, we are supposed to have at least a friendly match in 20 days or 26 days we do not even know which country we are playing, NFF is always messed up. Algeria already has a new coach.

When you kowtow to the white man and allow him to decide at his own whim, what happens in your life, this is the result. :lol:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:37 pm

Are u ok?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Hey he has options, you cannot blame him, that AFCON final and the tactics especially in the defense put him up there. The SE has really revived his career. Una think say AFCON nah little tourney like that klop said, bobo has earned his marbles. Now he holds all the cards
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

Does it mean because his contract expired he cannot be considered along with others for the SE job?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:04 pm
danfo driver wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:37 pm

Are u ok?
Are you, though? This is the second time your heart has been ripped out of your chest. :lol: :lol: :lol:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:38 pm Hey he has options, you cannot blame him, that AFCON final and the tactics especially in the defense put him up there. The SE has really revived his career. Una think say AFCON nah little tourney like that klop said, bobo has earned his marbles. Now he holds all the cards
I’m sure we could find a better coach but we need continuity and we don’t have the luxury of time to take a risk on another coach hoping it’ll work out. If the Nff don’t make the right decision we could be out of the World Cup in 3 months. If they can no longer afford him then they really really have no room for error. God Dey sha!
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:56 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:38 pm Hey he has options, you cannot blame him, that AFCON final and the tactics especially in the defense put him up there. The SE has really revived his career. Una think say AFCON nah little tourney like that klop said, bobo has earned his marbles. Now he holds all the cards
I’m sure we could find a better coach but we need continuity and we don’t have the luxury of time to take a risk on another coach hoping it’ll work out. If the Nff don’t make the right decision we could be out of the World Cup in 3 months. If they can no longer afford him then they really really have no room for error. God Dey sha!
Why are you concerned about us though? You said you were going to be neutral during the WCQ because of your "Baba," ****. So why are you feigning concern now?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

With or without Passiro , the SE will qualify for the worldcup
SuperEagles

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:13 pm
You need pts to qualify not words. We have 2 out of 6 with 6pts up for grabs soon. Hope is not a strategy.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

KPOM
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

delisyomie don wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:48 pm i don't know which break, we are supposed to have at least a friendly match in 20 days or 26 days we do not even know which country we are playing, NFF is always messed up. Algeria already has a new coach.

LOL

Guys, learn from history...this just occurred with our Falcons!!

Did the Falcons coach not take a break after his contract expired? Did we not have an Assistant handle the Falcons in the interim? Is the substantive Falcons manager not back at the helm?

Peseiro definitely can rake a break and Finidi or someone else will be at the helm until Peseiro signs a new contract. Not a big deal. :rotf:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He didn't get the Algerian job. So he is angling back to Nigeria. Trying to get a wage increase.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:51 pm He didn't get the Algerian job. So he is angling back to Nigeria. Trying to get a wage increase.
You think Algeria will look at his 32 years of failure and hire him? :lol: :lol: Only Nigeria will do such a thing
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria should move on. We can't wait for him. We need a coach for world cup qualifiers.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:16 pm Nigeria should move on. We can't wait for him. We need a coach for world cup qualifiers.
Dey go naw. Is he holding you? :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:17 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:16 pm Nigeria should move on. We can't wait for him. We need a coach for world cup qualifiers.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Please let him go! The man was below average! Take away the AFCON and go see his record. The man struggles against Lesotho and Zimbabwe for Christ's sake! I knew he was a useless coach when I saw him wearing "Jeans" on the sidelines multiple times!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:16 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:13 pm
You need pts to qualify not words. We have 2 out of 6 with 6pts up for grabs soon. Hope is not a strategy.
You do know the group is wide open and today Rwanda tops the group with 4 points. there are 8 more games to play. You people are so funny.
SuperEagles