I don't think Nuno likes Awoniyi...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
I don't think Nuno likes Awoniyi...

Post by bushboy »

Since Nuno took over, I've noticed Taiwo's playing time as declined. Yes, he was injured for some time, but besides that, I fear the new manager doesn't fancy him much. Last week, he inexplicably took him off after the 1st half. Today he is benched for Origi!! Imagine that!! Origi of all people!!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I don't think Nuno likes Awoniyi...

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

bushboy wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:52 pm Since Nuno took over, I've noticed Taiwo's playing time as declined. Yes, he was injured for some time, but besides that, I fear the new manager doesn't fancy him much. Last week, he inexplicably took him off after the 1st half. Today he is benched for Origi!! Imagine that!! Origi of all people!!
It's okay, he'll start the next game.
Vic has gone crazy with goals in the last 3 games scoring 5 goals.
OCCUPY NFF!!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

bushboy wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:52 pm Since Nuno took over, I've noticed Taiwo's playing time as declined. Yes, he was injured for some time, but besides that, I fear the new manager doesn't fancy him much. Last week, he inexplicably took him off after the 1st half. Today he is benched for Origi!! Imagine that!! Origi of all people!!
Too soon to worry. Remember he got injured and missed the AFCON because they rushed him back from an earlier injury.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Phew! Thanks so much for this thread, Bushboy! truly appreciate it! Awoniyi is about to blooowwww!! :thumbs: :thumbs:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Iwobi's move to Fulham has to be the best decision of his career, looks way better playing under Marco Silva.

Bassey putting up a blinder of a performance as well :thumbs:
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:34 pm Iwobi's move to Fulham has to be the best decision of his career, looks way better playing under Marco Silva.

Iwobi is still an enigmatic figure. Don’t forget he did well under the awful Lampard. At Everton he played
RM/LM/CAM/CM/RB and even scored some game winners for Everton before his performance stalled..
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Honestly DESPISE managers like these. There is no rational reason why Awoniyi should be on the bench in a game like this beyond just personal stuff
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

deanotito wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:47 pm
Honestly DESPISE managers like these. There is no rational reason why Awoniyi should be on the bench in a game like this beyond just personal stuff
Y’all need to chill down. Even the old coach was subbing him for Wood. I remember in many games he would sub him or Aina and Nottingham forest would concede a goal. Awoniyi from the bench should put up better stats than Origi and Wood. Origi has been chopping bench all season. He too has fans 😂 At some point knew Origi will get game time or get shipped out. The manager is probably testing what he has.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

To be fair Awoniyi is too injury-prone
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:05 pm To be fair Awoniyi is too injury-prone
True but he’s not worse than Ndidi. I think we should build our midfield pretending that WIlf is not available. If he’s fit, then invite him to the squad and remove a fringe player. That should be our approach with him.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:34 pm Iwobi's move to Fulham has to be the best decision of his career, looks way better playing under Marco Silva.

When a coach plays you in a position that focuses on your best skills, it makes you better. At Everton they played him at RB and DM many times (to be fair, I am happy they did. It improved him significantly).

As for Bassey, no suprises there. I remember when TxJ told me that it will be a terrible move for him and the likes of Ream will bench him :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Are you shrining or bashing Awoniyi?

Need to clarify know know if a thanksgiving or deliverance should be orgainsed for Awoniyi
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...and when he play he misses a ton of chances, that will frustrate any manager to look elsewhere. Unless you are son of the soil like Rashford at United who keep stinking but keep getting played every match.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

mcal wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:44 pm
...and when he play he misses a ton of chances, that will frustrate any manager to look elsewhere. Unless you are son of the soil like Rashford at United who keep stinking but keep getting played every match.
I don’t know why Rashford is considered a superstar. Only in England smh. A striker that constantly has multiple double digit games without scoring in his resume. If he wasn’t English and making a ton of money, he would’ve been loaned out.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Awoniyi is just coming back from Injury. I'm glad Nuno isn't giving him heavy minutes too soon.