NFF poor WC qualification preparations

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
NFF poor WC qualification preparations

Post by ohenhen1 »

When we don't qualify, I don't want to see the usual hysteria on CE. You sleep in the bed you make.

The friendly with Argentina for March has been cancelled due to visa application problems. I don't understand why the NFF is not scrambling to get a replacement.

South Africa is playing Andorra on March 21.

South also playing Algeria in March

Two friendlies to test tactics and players.
Ekong, Sanusi, Aina, Boniface are currently injured. Nigeria need to build depth. We lack depth. Also dont have a coach.

The NFF have started their usual shenanigans. They have leaked stories that they have offered an improved offer to Peseiro for 80K and they plan to continue to negotiate with Peseiro until the end of March. At the end of March, they will then say they will start the process to hire a new coach. A new coach will likely not be named. An interim coach or a consortium of coaches will handle the WC fixtures in June.

The hard truth is Nigeria is in serious trouble. Even if Peseiro comes back. But Nigeria is resilient. We can overcome. But we have to move with speed and do things properly.

The NFF need to appoint a new coach and arrange a friendly in March and another one at the end of May before the June fixtures.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NFF poor WC qualification preparations

Post by ohenhen1 »

Why can't we arrange a game against another African side in the UK or another European country where it will be easier for players to get Visas? Don't care if we play even Gilbrator. We need a game. Level of opposition is not important.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Shebi you wanted a local coach and they appointed Eguaveon in the interim while they decide on which local coach to hire permanently.

It's either Finidi, Amunike Egbo or Michael Nsien. One of them will be the new coach.

Meanwhile, some of us have been asking that Pesseiro Stay because the Nff is not a professional organization, the damage from them looking for a coach will be greater than the benefit.

if they don't have the funds for Pesseiro, what makes you think they can pay for 2 friendlies? $4mil CAF money is spent.
Calculate the bonuses, lodging and other logistics. It's spent.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:30 pm Shebi you wanted a local coach and they appointed Eguaveon in the interim while they decide on which local coach to hire permanently.

It's either Finidi, Amunike Egbo or Michael Nsien. One of them will be the new coach.

Meanwhile, some of us have been asking that Pesseiro Stay because the Nff is not a professional organization, the damage from them looking for a coach will be greater than the benefit.

if they don't have the funds for Pesseiro, what makes you think they can pay for 2 friendlies? $4mil CAF money is spent.
Calculate the bonuses, lodging and other logistics. It's spent.
Algeria and Egypt both have both hired new coaches.

I think the NFF dont want to pay a coach. They want to share the money budgeted. They also want agents to control the selection process. It is easier if it is an interim coach.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Why can't they schedule a game against Cameroon in Europe? Easy for players to get to and they also need a game.

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Coaching situation still unsorted
No friendly to start bonding the team and bedding in new players for depth
Just an utterly directionless football road map all together.

God will punish NFF and their cronies if they deny me the chance to watch the SE at the USA/Mexico world cup that is right in my place of residence...
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The friendly should be about testing players not chemistry building. The NFF should name a new coach and schedule a friendly. We need a friendly in March. It would be a mistake not to play one in March.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:25 am The friendly should be about testing players not chemistry building. The NFF should name a new coach and schedule a friendly. We need a friendly in March. It would be a mistake not to play one in March.
Why are you complaining?
Sack Peseiro!, sack Peseiro!!! was all we ever heard from you.
Next thing “there are plenty of great coaches in the NPFL”.
Wey dem nah?

Typical shortsighted Naijaman calling another Nigerian out for myopia.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Damunk wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:26 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:25 am The friendly should be about testing players not chemistry building. The NFF should name a new coach and schedule a friendly. We need a friendly in March. It would be a mistake not to play one in March.
Why are you complaining?
Wey dem nah?

I want Nigeria to qualify for the WC. I am currently in the US. Nigeria is playing with fire. I go call am like I see am. The team is having a lot of injury problems. We lack depth. We need friendlies and a coach. Ideally preparation for the WC should have started in 2022 if you are serious. If Nigeria is not serious invest in other sports.

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Why are you complaining?
Wey dem nah?

What does that have to do with the NFF organizing friendlies?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:01 pm
Why are you complaining?
Wey dem nah?

Na venting wey de take place be dat.

In any case, I do not see why the NFF should be replacing a manager while negotiating a contract renewal with the same manager. That will truly be unprofessional. What I believe will take place is that NFF will name an interim from within the current coaching crew -- Eguavoen or Finidi. The stuff denouncing Egu's appointment, when closely read, does not deny Egu acting in the INTERIM. Moreover, if indeed it came from a respected NFF source, why is the individual choosing to be anonymuous?
Last edited by Enugu II on Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We are in trouble. Let me remind people Algeria and Egypt that both fired their coach have new managers. Afcon ended on 2/12/24. It is now March 7th. Still no manager or an interim manager. The reality is according to the NFF rules. Eguavon is currently the interim manager. They don't have to name him. Whenever there is a vacancy. The technical director takes over. We need a new manager and two friendlies in March.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Does Gausau and other Nff members go to work everyday? The silence is deafening! Not only do we not have a coach. We’re not actively looking for one, no interim has been announced and no plans are on the horizon. What have they been doing since Afcon finished.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

KOC posted on his twitter that he spoke to the NFF chief. We should expect announcements in the coming days. What I think is going on from my experience in dealing with the shenanigans of the NFF is there is an internal fight. Some people want to keep Peseiro. Some people don't. The people that want to keep Peseiro have won out and they have the backing of the Sports Minister. They have approached Peseiro with a new offer. Peseiro knowing he has the advantage is playing the field, hearing from other offers. The interim manager is Eguavon. I think they are actively looking for a friendly to replace Argentina. Eguavon will handle the friendly. They will then tell us Eguavon will handle the game and then leak to the press that they are still in negotiations with Peseiro. Their real goal is to avoid paying for a coach for the month of March, April and May. They also want a puppet interim coach where they will be in charge of team selection, agents will exchange brown evenlopes. If the negotiations fall through at the end of March and they will then advertise the coaching position, form a selection committee. The selection process will take a few months. They may also decide not to schedule a friendly in March as part of the scheme hoping Nigerians will not pay attention.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:50 am KOC posted on his twitter that he spoke to the NFF chief. We should expect announcements in the coming days. What I think is going on from my experience in dealing with the shenanigans of the NFF is there is an internal fight. Some people want to keep Peseiro. Some people don't. The people that want to keep Peseiro have won out and they have the backing of the Sports Minister. They have approached Peseiro with a new offer. Peseiro knowing he has the advantage is playing the field, hearing from other offers. The interim manager is Eguavon. I think they are actively looking for a friendly to replace Argentina. Eguavon will handle the friendly. They will then tell us Eguavon will handle the game and then leak to the press that they are still in negotiations with Peseiro. Their real goal is to avoid paying for a coach for the month of March, April and May. They also want a puppet interim coach where they will be in charge of team selection, agents will exchange brown evenlopes. If the negotiations fall through at the end of March and they will then advertise the coaching position, form a selection committee. The selection process will take a few months. They may also decide not to schedule a friendly in March as part of the scheme hoping Nigerians will not pay attention.
This is all conjecture. If Collin didn’t post what the Nff chief said, all else is make believe.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

We don’t even have a coach.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Why are you complaining?
Wey dem nah?

It is the plenty of great coaches in the NPFL that made NFF not to organize friendlies.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Cameroon are looking for opponents during the upcoming FIFA window. Why can’t the NFF link up with them and arrange a friendly?
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Dammy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:22 am Cameroon are looking for opponents during the upcoming FIFA window. Why can’t the NFF link up with them and arrange a friendly?
Will you pay for the game? Nigeria is flat broke and unresponsive. How much you wan contribute?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Why are you complaining?
Wey dem nah?

Who is talking about friendlies?
I’m talking about continuity!!!

And anyway, what use is a friendly without a coach?
The thread is about poor preparation and not even having a named coach is the mother of all unpreparedness.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:55 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:50 am KOC posted on his twitter that he spoke to the NFF chief. We should expect announcements in the coming days. What I think is going on from my experience in dealing with the shenanigans of the NFF is there is an internal fight. Some people want to keep Peseiro. Some people don't. The people that want to keep Peseiro have won out and they have the backing of the Sports Minister. They have approached Peseiro with a new offer. Peseiro knowing he has the advantage is playing the field, hearing from other offers. The interim manager is Eguavon. I think they are actively looking for a friendly to replace Argentina. Eguavon will handle the friendly. They will then tell us Eguavon will handle the game and then leak to the press that they are still in negotiations with Peseiro. Their real goal is to avoid paying for a coach for the month of March, April and May. They also want a puppet interim coach where they will be in charge of team selection, agents will exchange brown evenlopes. If the negotiations fall through at the end of March and they will then advertise the coaching position, form a selection committee. The selection process will take a few months. They may also decide not to schedule a friendly in March as part of the scheme hoping Nigerians will not pay attention.
This is all conjecture. If Collin didn’t post what the Nff chief said, all else is make believe.
Colin didn’t post any of this rubbish.
This is all Ohahahenhen on speed.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:52 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:55 am
Colin didn’t post any of this rubbish.
This is all Ohahahenhen on speed.
:scared: :rotf:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:36 am
Dammy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:22 am Cameroon are looking for opponents during the upcoming FIFA window. Why can’t the NFF link up with them and arrange a friendly?
Will you pay for the game? Nigeria is flat broke and unresponsive. How much you wan contribute?
NFF just collected $4 million from CAF for being runners up in AFCON
I am happy