Ejuke showcases Okocha-like ability in Belgium: Time to replace subpar Chukwueze?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Ejuke showcases Okocha-like ability in Belgium: Time to replace subpar Chukwueze?

Post by iworo »

Ejuke did not make Nigeria’s AFCON squad, but he has been balling for Antwerp all season

Super Eagles forward Chidera Ejuke has been having a brilliant campaign for Belgium Jupiler League side Royal Antwerp and is showing signs of the nimble-footed forward that set the Russian League alight two seasons ago.
Soccernet.ng reports that the 26-year-old forward has registered three goals and three assists in 19 league games for Antwerp. Ejuke has also registered 2.6 assists per game for Antwerp.

In Antwerp’s last Jupiler League game against St. Truiden, the Nigerian forward had a goal and an assist to help his side to victory.

With the level that Ejuke is playing at, he clearly deserves to be in the Super Eagles squad. AC Milan star Samuel Chukwueze, who has struggled with form but constantly picked for the national team, needs to take a backseat because he has hardly offered anything in recent years. This season, Chukwueze has only managed one assist in 15 Serie A appearances. Even his dribbling, which he is famed for, has been low this season, as he has only made 0.8 dribbles per game.

From all indications, Ejuke has the upper hand, and his form has been on the uptrend. If he continues with his performance, there is a high chance that Antwerp will try to sign him permanently. But if Antwerp do not sign him, Ejuke will be sure to have many suitors.

Chukwueze’s future, on the other hand, is in the balance. If he continues like this, Milan could decide to send him out on loan, or he could be sold if he does not perform next season.

The next Super Eagles coach is unknown, but one thing that could show if the next coach really knows his onions is the Chukwueze or Ejuke decision.

https://soccernet.ng/2024/03/ejuke-show ... wueze.html
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ejuke showcases Okocha-like ability in Belgium: Time to replace subpar Chukwueze?

Post by maceo4 »

Still trying to understand where the disconnect has been with this guy. He’s pure skill and ability and SE needs him…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ejuke showcases Okocha-like ability in Belgium: Time to replace subpar Chukwueze?

Post by Sunset »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:10 pm Still trying to understand where the disconnect has been with this guy. He’s pure skill and ability and SE needs him…
He's still just getting back to his best after that knee injury he suffered last season.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The guy is an absolute 5 star skiller, glad he's back to his best after those injuries he suffered.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

He always had the ability but now he’s passing more!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Stupendous talent
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Can he please please be converted to a midfielder?
Abeg. We desperately need creativity in the midfield.

Can he hold the ball for as long as he needs to?
Can he create something out of nothing?
Can he look up and spot the opportunity?
Can he deliver that killer pass?

If the answer to all questions is yes, then he is the missing piece…
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

He was sorely missed at the AFCON

Wha choo looking at?!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Damunk wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:17 pm Can he please please be converted to a midfielder?

His end product is still inconsistent. I'd concert him to a WB but I doubt he has the lungs for that position. If you play him in the middle as a AM then you better have 3 mf behind him because he has a tendency to lose the ball when he tries to do too much.
OCCUPY NFF!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:55 pm
Damunk wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:17 pm Can he please please be converted to a midfielder?

His end product is still inconsistent. I'd concert him to a WB but I doubt he has the lungs for that position. If you play him in the middle as a AM then you better have 3 mf behind him because he has a tendency to lose the ball when he tries to do too much.
does ZAIDU have beginning product talk less end product
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

It appears that his end product is better. But again you can't really make a good assessment based on a minute video. The issue I had with him is end product and poor decision making and unnecessary dribbles. If he cuts that out, he will be GREAT
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

I don't care if he has Okocha's ability or not but as long he can somersault, he should be in the team 😀.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

iworo wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:51 pm Ejuke showcases Okocha-like ability in Belgium: Time to replace subpar Chukwueze?

Ejuke did not make Nigeria’s AFCON squad, but he has been balling for Antwerp all season

Super Eagles forward Chidera Ejuke has been having a brilliant campaign for Belgium Jupiler League side Royal Antwerp and is showing signs of the nimble-footed forward that set the Russian League alight two seasons ago.
Soccernet.ng reports that the 26-year-old forward has registered three goals and three assists in 19 league games for Antwerp. Ejuke has also registered 2.6 assists per game for Antwerp.

In Antwerp’s last Jupiler League game against St. Truiden, the Nigerian forward had a goal and an assist to help his side to victory.

With the level that Ejuke is playing at, he clearly deserves to be in the Super Eagles squad. AC Milan star Samuel Chukwueze, who has struggled with form but constantly picked for the national team, needs to take a backseat because he has hardly offered anything in recent years. This season, Chukwueze has only managed one assist in 15 Serie A appearances. Even his dribbling, which he is famed for, has been low this season, as he has only made 0.8 dribbles per game.

From all indications, Ejuke has the upper hand, and his form has been on the uptrend. If he continues with his performance, there is a high chance that Antwerp will try to sign him permanently. But if Antwerp do not sign him, Ejuke will be sure to have many suitors.

Chukwueze’s future, on the other hand, is in the balance. If he continues like this, Milan could decide to send him out on loan, or he could be sold if he does not perform next season.

The next Super Eagles coach is unknown, but one thing that could show if the next coach really knows his onions is the Chukwueze or Ejuke decision.

https://soccernet.ng/2024/03/ejuke-show ... wueze.html
oboy , I just screamed, oh boy what a playter, seems to be back to his best. We better call him back :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Impressive “freestyle” footballing. Before casting the dye, lest one forget, Chukwueze too has a YouTube compilation worthy accolade. Drag backs, stepovers, lollipops, Jolly Ranchers. Both, on their day, are talented entertainers. From an actual “footballing” point of view, is there any difference in end product?
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

Coach wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:11 am Impressive “freestyle” footballing. Before casting the dye, lest one forget, Chukwueze too has a YouTube compilation worthy accolade. Drag backs, stepovers, lollipops, Jolly Ranchers. Both, on their day, are talented entertainers. From an actual “footballing” point of view, is there any difference in end product?
Chukwueze has nothing on this Ujuke guy man. Chukwueze is so predictable and one dimensional. Ejuke is very unpredictable when on the ball. No defender wants a player like that.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Goalgetter wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:48 am
Coach wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:11 am Impressive “freestyle” footballing. Before casting the dye, lest one forget, Chukwueze too has a YouTube compilation worthy accolade. Drag backs, stepovers, lollipops, Jolly Ranchers. Both, on their day, are talented entertainers. From an actual “footballing” point of view, is there any difference in end product?
Chukwueze has nothing on this Ujuke guy man. Chukwueze is so predictable and one dimensional. Ejuke is very unpredictable when on the ball. No defender wants a player like that.
I wonder whether it is that very unpredictability than managers have a problem with. Okocha probably had similar problems earlier in his career.
Sometimes unpredictability confuses not just the opposition, but even teammates. :rotf:

Someone like Ejuke needs time for his SE teammates to ‘get’ him. It’s not going to happen over a few days and a few games.
They need to be patient with him.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

The guy has been improving on his use of the ball. And it appears his club has also found his right position, he drops deep a lot to pick up the ball.

He needs to be back in the mix. But I won't jettison Chukwueze yet.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Unlike the ball-juggling star he is compared to, his main issue is whether he can release
the ball on time and accurately. Until his ball-juggling can fit into team agenda, he will
be just another entertainer. The video evidence shows that he lingers too much on the ball,
and that is not what most coaches appreciate.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I am liking what I am seeing but Chukwueze was doing similar in a better league. Let's not be too hasty in writing him off
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:10 pm Still trying to understand where the disconnect has been with this guy. He’s pure skill and ability and SE needs him…
I'm still trying to understand the first 2 sentences of the article.

"Soccernet.ng reports that the 26-year-old forward has registered three goals and three assists in 19 league games for Antwerp. Ejuke has also registered 2.6 assists per game for Antwerp."
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Goalgetter wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:48 am
Easy there… be careful you don’t choke on the hype… after all we’ve all seen Ejuke up close and personal… with the SuperEagles🤔❗️

Cheers.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Damunk, the art of dribbling has the unrehearsed, impromptu at its heart. As entertaining as this is for the audience, most managers/coaches keep a wide berth from such players. The impromptu adds an element of chaos in age where order is the demand. Anthony, Mudryk, Adama Traore; Newcastle cutting Saint-Maxim loose, the lists are stocked with Gods of YouTube shorts.

Nowadays, end product is above and beyond all else. Bukayo Saka seldom does any of these YouTube party tricks, 23 goal involvements. If it’s not producing goals or assists, it’s pointless.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Coach wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:37 pm @Damunk, the art of dribbling has the unrehearsed, impromptu at its heart. As entertaining as this is for the audience, most managers/coaches keep a wide berth from such players. The impromptu adds an element of chaos in age where order is the demand. Anthony, Mudryk, Adama Traore; Newcastle cutting Saint-Maxim loose, the lists are stocked with Gods of YouTube shorts.

Nowadays, end product is above and beyond all else. Bukayo Saka seldom does any of these YouTube party tricks, 23 goal involvements. If it’s not producing goals or assists, it’s pointless.
Coach just like time for your archaic English has since expired
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."