NFF Waiting for Peseiro's response on LAST OFFER: Meanwhile, Peseiro plays tough........

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
NFF Waiting for Peseiro's response on LAST OFFER: Meanwhile, Peseiro plays tough........

Post by Enugu II »

Please note that the current situation on whether Peseiro's contract is still under negotiation is strictly my interpretation. I strongly believe that Peseiro is at the poionmt of playing a hardball and jhas issued a BATNA that is currently under an NFF test-offer.
Former Super Eagles coach Jose Peseiro and wife enjoy date night at Champions League match
Aderinola Makinde by Aderinola Makinde 3 days ago in AFCON, Lifestyle, News, NewsNow, Nigeria, This Week, Top 0

The search for a new head coach for Nigeria’s national football team has become a major topic of discussion since Jose Peserio’s departure.
Coach Peseiro in bluff mode against Nigeria's offer? Here he enjoys an outing with his spouse.

Former Super Eagles head coach, Jose Peseiro recently enjoyed a leisurely game night outing with his wife, Fatima, Soccernet.ng reports.

Following his departure from the role of Super Eagles coach, Peseiro has opted for a well-deserved hiatus, embracing the opportunity to unwind and savor cherished moments with his family following the intense period of the AFCON tournament.

The 63-year-old recently took to social media to appreciate Nigerians for their support during his time as the as the coach of the national team and urged fans to continue to support their players.

++++++++++++
I want to thank all Nigerians and the entire press for the interest, support, and encouragement given to the Super Eagles while I was their coach.
I would like to ask all of you to always support your players.

— Jose Peseiro (@JosePeseiro) March 6, 2024
++++++++++++

Peseiro and his beautiful wife graced the stands of the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium on March 6, 2024, where they attended the thrilling UEFA Champions League match between Real Madrid and RB Leipzig.

Reflecting on his recently concluded contract and future endeavors , the Portuguese stated that he is currently focused on recuperating before taking up a new role.

While the specifics of his impending career trajectory remain unknown, certain reports within the football community suggest that the Nigerian Football Federation is still interested in keeping Peseiro on board and has even offered him an improved contract.

Regardless of the uncertainties surrounding his coaching future, Peseiro remains committed to prioritizing family time and indulging in relaxation, seeking respite from the pressures associated with his profession.
Last edited by Enugu II on Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NFF Waiting for Peseiro's response on LAST OFFER: Meanwhile, Pesiero plays tough........

Post by ohenhen1 »

Hard ball or not. We need a coach appointed.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF Waiting for Peseiro's response on LAST OFFER: Meanwhile, Pesiero plays tough........

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:54 pm Hard ball or not. We need a coach appointed.
Shebi oliseh has said he will accept if we call him but he won't apply. You should call him and beg him to pls coach us. Q
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:44 pm Please note that the current situation on whether Peseiro's contract is still under negotiation is strictly my interpretation. I strongly believe that Peseiro is at the poionmt of playing a hardball and jhas issued a BATNA that is currently under an NFF test-offer.
Uncle, ahem ahem.. wait first. You sure sey you know what BATNA mean so? :taunt:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

All this twerking for a garbage coach, abeg Oliseh and Amunike should step up so we can hear word about this useless journeymen coaches.
Last edited by Tobi17 on Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Emanuel Amuneke has applied. Finidi is the current assistant coach. We will be okay.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:44 pm Please note that the current situation on whether Peseiro's contract is still under negotiation is strictly my interpretation. I strongly believe that Peseiro is at the poionmt of playing a hardball and jhas issued a BATNA that is currently under an NFF test-offer.
Former Super Eagles coach Jose Peseiro and wife enjoy date night at Champions League match
Aderinola Makinde by Aderinola Makinde 3 days ago in AFCON, Lifestyle, News, NewsNow, Nigeria, This Week, Top 0

The search for a new head coach for Nigeria’s national football team has become a major topic of discussion since Jose Peserio’s departure.
Coach Peseiro in bluff mode against Nigeria's offer? Here he enjoys an outing with his spouse.

Former Super Eagles head coach, Jose Peseiro recently enjoyed a leisurely game night outing with his wife, Fatima, Soccernet.ng reports.

Following his departure from the role of Super Eagles coach, Peseiro has opted for a well-deserved hiatus, embracing the opportunity to unwind and savor cherished moments with his family following the intense period of the AFCON tournament.

The 63-year-old recently took to social media to appreciate Nigerians for their support during his time as the as the coach of the national team and urged fans to continue to support their players.

++++++++++++
I want to thank all Nigerians and the entire press for the interest, support, and encouragement given to the Super Eagles while I was their coach.

++++++++++++

Peseiro and his beautiful wife graced the stands of the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium on March 6, 2024, where they attended the thrilling UEFA Champions League match between Real Madrid and RB Leipzig.

Reflecting on his recently concluded contract and future endeavors , the Portuguese stated that he is currently focused on recuperating before taking up a new role.

While the specifics of his impending career trajectory remain unknown, certain reports within the football community suggest that the Nigerian Football Federation is still interested in keeping Peseiro on board and has even offered him an improved contract.

Regardless of the uncertainties surrounding his coaching future, Peseiro remains committed to prioritizing family time and indulging in relaxation, seeking respite from the pressures associated with his profession.

Pesseiro has moved on from Nigeria. We sometimes overvalue the SE coaching job as though it's a great job. Coaching SE is actually a shabby job in world football.
It's like working as a value at a motel 6.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:29 pm

++++++++++++

++++++++++++

Pesseiro has moved on from Nigeria. We sometimes overvalue the SE coaching job as though it's a great job. Coaching SE is actually a shabby job in world football.
And we know the type of people who work those jobs - poorly (to not) educated, unambitious characters and usually, with a resume (CV) filled with failures. Peseiro definitely fit in.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:59 pm All this twerking for a garbage coach, abeg Oliseh and Amunike should step up so we can hear word about this useless journeymen coaches.
agreed! We should move on from that jean wearing, fat Portuguese with defensive playing style!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:59 pm
Uncle, ahem ahem.. wait first. You sure sey you know what BATNA mean so? :taunt:
LOl. I no know. Wetin im be?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Finidi will lead the Super Eagles against Ghana and Mali. Unless he screws up badly, the job is his to lose.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:25 am Finidi will lead the Super Eagles against Ghana and Mali. Unless he screws up badly, the job is his to lose.
To be serious, Finidi can be serious doing that. After all, he has managed Reivers United quite well. A lot of times we underestimate these guys.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:30 am
1naija wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:25 am Finidi will lead the Super Eagles against Ghana and Mali. Unless he screws up badly, the job is his to lose.
To be serious, Finidi can be serious doing that. After all, he has managed Reivers United quite well. A lot of times we underestimate these guys.
Enyimba. Not Rivers United.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:42 am
Yea, thanks. Naa waa. Na 1naija wey I carry for mind wey come confuse me.
highbury
Egg
Egg
Re: NFF Waiting for Peseiro's response on LAST OFFER: Meanwhile, Peseiro plays tough........

Post by highbury »

In 2345, the slave coast also known as Nigeria will be looking for a foreign coach. Nigeria was called a slave coast for a reason. The people and their leaders think like slaves
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

:D

Enugu II wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:46 am
Cellular wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:42 am
Yea, thanks. Naa waa. Na 1naija wey I carry for mind wey come confuse me.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:29 pm

++++++++++++

++++++++++++

He sure has. It's people here that can't seem to move on. They are people still blaming Rohr for our current failures. The facts that many can't type his full name tells you the extent of the insecurity :rotf: :rotf:

Give the job to Finidi and let's on. If you're going to give it to Amuneke, let him chose his own backroom staff. The guy warned about too many cooks the last time he was part of a coaching backroom staff. No need to give him a reason to come up with an excuse if he doesnt succeed.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NFF Waiting for Peseiro's response on LAST OFFER: Meanwhile, Peseiro plays tough........

Post by ohenhen1 »

Opportunity for Finidi. He has been the assistant coach and head coach of current NPFL side Enyimba. Who won the league last year. Started his coaching career coaching the Youth team at Mallorca where he was a former player. Also played at Real Betis, Ipswich, and Ajax. A formers Sharks FC player in the local league. He has won the Afcon title and Olympic gold. He has won several dutch title and the UEFA champions league. He has a UEFA pro A coaching license.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

According to The Cable and other news sources, the NFF has selected Finidi to lead Nigeria against Ghana and Mali. If he excels I doubt the NFF will go after anyone else. He has to use the games as the Job interview.
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:23 pm Opportunity for Finidi. He has been the assistant coach and head coach of current NPFL side Enyimba. Who won the league last year. Started his coaching career coaching the Youth team at Mallorca where he was a former player. Also played at Real Betis, Ipswich, and Ajax. A formers Sharks FC player in the local league. He has won the Afcon title and Olympic gold. He has won several dutch title and the UEFA champions league. He has a UEFA pro A coaching license.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

1naija wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:30 pm According to The Cable and other news sources, the NFF has selected Finidi to lead Nigeria against Ghana and Mali. If he excels I doubt the NFF will go after anyone else. He has to use the games as the Job interview.
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:23 pm Opportunity for Finidi. He has been the assistant coach and head coach of current NPFL side Enyimba. Who won the league last year. Started his coaching career coaching the Youth team at Mallorca where he was a former player. Also played at Real Betis, Ipswich, and Ajax. A formers Sharks FC player in the local league. He has won the Afcon title and Olympic gold. He has won several dutch title and the UEFA champions league. He has a UEFA pro A coaching license.
If he excels. What does that mean? 2 games is not enough sample to make a judgement on whether or not a coach will be successful. Winning both games is not an indication that he’ll beat SA or Rwanda. They should either give him the job and show confidence in him or pick a candidate they want. Imho, they’re setting a trap for Finidi.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:20 am
1naija wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:30 pm According to The Cable and other news sources, the NFF has selected Finidi to lead Nigeria against Ghana and Mali. If he excels I doubt the NFF will go after anyone else. He has to use the games as the Job interview.
If he excels. What does that mean? 2 games is not enough sample to make a judgement on whether or not a coach will be successful. Winning both games is not an indication that he’ll beat SA or Rwanda. They should either give him the job and show confidence in him or pick a candidate they want. Imho, they’re setting a trap for Finidi.
I agree they should make a firm commitment and stick with it
It also appears the players like Finidi and probably respect him.
That is also important.

Of course, this is all assuming he even wants the job, which is an assumption we are all making but may not be entirely true.
It’s a lot of pressure to succeed in an imperfect and unappreciative environment.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Finidi was not part of the 1996 Olympic team.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"